It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:38 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
the police force

one - Ruteledge222
two - CriminallyVu1gar
three - Schoneygal
four - motzie12ak
five - Chrismillah(spazo)
six - Skyline_BNR34
seven - Sabres2Sabres
eight - SF4
nine - Montallo
ten - H0CKEYisL0VEx24

Every single misspelling here is a ruse designed to throw people off. I specifically wanted people to have psychedelic in mind which is why several of my early posts contain no capital letters.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:39 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
some numbers to ponder while you scramble to solve.

(2)-60-(18) [21]
(18)-78-(19) [13]
(19)-154-(16) [5]
(16)-154-(19) [1]

difficult. too difficult perhaps. some maybe added in the future. then again may be not.

I realize this was very difficult. Which is why my plan was to slowly add letters and numbers as the game went on. You guys keyed so heavily on all my other clues though I never really had time.

A standard alpha-numeric cypher A=1, B=2, etc... will show:

(Location) - Distance - (Location) - [Years Ago]
(B)uffalo - 60 miles - (R)ochester - [21] years ago
(R)ochester - 78 miles - (S)yracuse - [13] years ago
(S)yracuse - 154 miles - (P)otsdam - [5] years ago
(P)otsdam - 154 miles - (S)yracuse - [1] year ago

There are several people on here that know where I've lived and about when I've moved.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:41 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
The_Assassin likes to lurk :lol:
see whose hard at work :twisted:
who's a threat :naughty:
who needs to die next :D

If you're online a lot, you'll realize that I am almost always online because I'm either at my desk at home, or at work, or I've left the browser open. The smilies are random. Another ruse.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:42 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
Who am i?

i wont tell you. but i can say what ive seen.

ive seen a namesake of the third captain in person. at least that's what most think. a little nerdiness will reveal he's actually the thirteenth. the alphabet should turn a few gears in the mind.

This was the big one.

Jean-Luc Picard is the third Captain of the enterprise as far as we know according to trek chronology and the TV series' (Archer - Kirk - Picard). Sure you can split hairs with Pike since he did make an appearance in The Original Series as well as Rachel Garrett in The Next Generation. He is actually the 13th Enterprise Captain.
Jonathon Archer (Star Trek: Enterprise)
Robert April (Non-canonic)
Christopher Pike (Star Trek: The Original Series Episodes "The Cage" and "Menagerie")
James T. Kirk (Star Trek: TOS, Movies I-VI, Generations)
Captain Willard Decker (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)

Spock (Sporadically throughout the movies)
Montgomery Scott (Ditto Spock)
John Harriman (Star Trek Generations)
Thomas Johnson Jr. (Non-canonic)
Demora Sulu (Non-canonic)
Rachel Garrett (Star Trek: The Original Series, Episode "Yesterday's Enterprise")
Richard Castillo (Star Trek: The Original Series, Episode "Yesterday's Enterprise")
Jean Luc Picard (Star Trek: TNG to Present)

The Alphabet, Enterprise A, B, C, D, E should turn a few gears in the mind.

Picard shares a surname of Alexander Picard for the Columbus Bluejackets whom I have personally seen play for the Syracuse Crunch.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:43 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
The_Assassin wrote:
Who am i?

i wont tell you. but i can say what ive seen.

ive seen a namesake of the third captain in person. at least that's what most think. a little nerdiness will reveal he's actually the thirteenth. the alphabet should turn a few gears in the mind.

The_Assassin does not wish to be caught, but (gender-neutral noun) does enjoy providing confusing clues.

The second captain served from 66-69, with stints in 79, 82, 84, 86, 89, and 91. A run cut short at first. And 89 was a disaster.

The third from 86-93, sharing a surname from that who I've seen. Stints too in 94, 96, 98, 02.

The first from 01-05. No stints. No one liked him much.

Gives years to the Star Trek series's runtimes and movie years. I screwed up slightly on TNG. TNG was greenlit in 86, and the decision to end was made in 93, but it actually ran 87-94. This was to help you make the Picard - Picard - Crunch Connection.

Instead people WAY over dissected it. Which I thought was awesome and had a good laugh at your expense, sorry :P

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:46 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
SchonyGal wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

The second captain served from 66-69,

Clues to the assassin. I'm really thrown off.

Me too. I have to stop confusing assassin and victim clues.

If we're talking hockey captains, there were only 6 teams in 66' but there were 12 by 69'. Someone get me a list of all the Captains names back then :lol:

Minnesota North Stars, California Seals, Los Angeles Kings, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penquins, St. Louis Blues, Detroit, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Rangers.

The assassin has studied the way you think, and is most concerned. You are a serious threat. So you think the captain is a hockey captain, and the sharer of the surname is not. Interesting.

Tried to knock people a bit back on track or at least get them thinking more with regards to the Trek clue. The person I was most concerned with was Schony due in large part to her skill in nailing S2S based on personality and posting tendencies. A lot of what I posted was specifically to trip her up, or lead her to the wrong people. My misspellings were all intentional, and I specifically wanted people to target poor psych hence some very specific misspellings and the lack of capital letters in most of my posts.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:51 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
This was to help you make the Picard - Picard - Crunch Connection. Instead people WAY over dissected it. Which I thought was awesome and had a good laugh at your expense, sorry :P

No one ever made the Crunch Connection. In hindsight, the fact that I found an actress named Smith (who played Captain Kirk) and connected it to the band The Smiths was shear coincidence. Awesome :lol:

You did a great job at making yourself look like Pysch for a bit.

I had already pegged you based on personality and posting tendencies, but discounted you when you said you were not a top 10 poster :clap: Profiling is done on a psychological basis, not on obscure lines from a 1984 song :D

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:52 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
aww banging heads against walls stepping in dogshit the assassin does not wish to induce misery only murder perhaps i should make things a bit clearer

I was in favor of the war in 03.

I have owned apparrel of two NHL teams.
The Buffalo Sabers and the Carolina Hurricanes.

I am not one of the top ten posters on the boards.

I have a bible on my bookshelf and a cross
hanging above my bed.

I am Confirmed, and I routinely go to church.

And I like long walks on the beach and puppies.

This was a deliberate move to throw people offtrack since my name was starting to get bandied about. All of the above are true, but not what you'd expect from me.

I did originally support the Iraq war.

I did own Canes apparrell thanks to my retarded grandmother who lives in North Carolina.

I am not one of the top ten posters...on the OLD boards. I hinted back to this numerous times.

I have a bible and the cross can be seen in this photo in the upper right. A bit hard to see, but I don't want to make it too obvious.

was posted in the lounge last week

has also been posted in the lounge

was posted on the old boards at one point.

I am a confirmed Lutheran.

And I've spent a ton of time in the beach because I have relatives in NC, which I've mentioned numerous times. And who doesn't like puppies?

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:54 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
the assassin is tired and wishes to divert their attention to their game feed. have at it.

Another deliberate mislead since the actual definition of a feed is simply a broadcast be it via cable or satellite. I didn;t think anyone would take it that way, and only PSP posted the truth, but he did it as a joke and no one took it seriously, lol.

A few people also knew that I had been sick and getting fatigued earlier than normal that week.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:57 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I like how your cross is sitting right next to the lesbo t.A.t.U. poster :D

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
One of the most fun, and simultaneously most evil ways I’ve been playing this game is posting statements that, while 100% correct, do not indicate much about me as a person. In fact, some are the opposite of what you'd expect of me. Assumption is as nasty a foe as I am, and is currently working very much in my favor. Several people have made statements about my personality that are just plain wrong, which delights me. The clues about me present the facts. I am this, I am that. Those by extension do not necessarily mean I am something else. Future clues may involve me clarifying some things, and in the end, if caught, I will explain away everything.

PucksniperPensel has a post that was more correct than he knows about something everyone else was very wrong about.

A bit of a hint about some of my misleading statements, and a hint about PSP picking up on my "feed" comment. I also wanted to get people to realize that I did not "make it very clear I am religious," I simply stated a few facts that I thought there was a good chance people would jump to conclusions about.

I tried to hint at this numerous times. I knew I could say things a certain way, or use certain terms and make people jump to completely the wrong conclusions. I probably enjoyed it a bit too much, haha.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:04 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
The assassin lurks
Beyond your grasp
Pointing and laughing
Watching the hours pass

The eldest of three
Yet one in the middle
Confounding those here
And solving the riddle

If my struggles deepen
I spotlight myself
Though I cannot stop
From giving you help

So, noble cops
If it's all just the same
I shall continue
Playing my games

I have two younger sisters so I am the oldest of three children.
Vu1gar also has a 1 in the middle of the word.

If I try to hard (solving), I figure things out and catch myself. But I am a member of the police force so I need to keep up the ruse and "attempt" to solve clues. That was a very very slight hint that I was a member of the police force.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
Fifteen pages. The assassin is delighted! So much more fun than the ghost town the boards have become.

A hint that when I said "the boards" I did not necessarily mean these boards. Also, I'm usually the one in GDT's to comment on page length.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
Tsk Tsk, no one's quoted my last post yet. For shame officers, such things are important. The assassin does not throw out red herrings. The assassin does, however, allow your assumptions to conjure them out of nothing. Careful what implications you derive from clues. They will lead you astray.

A hint about my I am clue and how the facts were deceiving, since people assumed that I was religious.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:09 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
While I do appreciate psych running interference, that's really not fair, now is it. The assassin, he is not.

And several people's bubbles just got popped. :(

I did exchange a few messages with psych as the assassin, and I did dileberately adopt some of his posting tendencies. However when he started running interference, I thought that was a bit unfair. I decided that the assassin should largely work alone so I saved a couple people some accusations.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:11 pm 
Cup Winner

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
The_Assassin wrote:
aww banging heads against walls stepping in dogshit the assassin does not wish to induce misery only murder perhaps i should make things a bit clearer

I was in favor of the war in 03.

I have owned apparrel of two NHL teams.
The Buffalo Sabers and the Carolina Hurricanes.

I am not one of the top ten posters on the boards.

I have a bible on my bookshelf and a cross
hanging above my bed.

I am Confirmed, and I routinely go to church.

And I like long walks on the beach and puppies.

This was a deliberate move to throw people offtrack since my name was starting to get bandied about. All of the above are true, but not what you'd expect from me.

I did originally support the Iraq war.

I did own Canes apparrell thanks to my retarded grandmother who lives in North Carolina.

I am not one of the top ten posters...on the OLD boards. I hinted back to this numerous times.

I have a bible and the cross can be seen in this photo in the upper right. A bit hard to see, but I don't want to make it too obvious.

I am a confirmed Lutheran.

And I've spent a ton of time in the beach because I have relatives in NC, which I've mentioned numerous times. And who doesn't like puppies?

You were on the list of people I thought who could have own Canes Apparel. Since I remember some of the things you've said about Carolina and being the second most state you've been in.

But didn't quite catch the connection. Figured it was someone who live in NC or SC.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:14 pm 
Captain Dynasty

In what was I borne?-----I am the son
Shall I inherit?-----and the heir
What then?-----of
Quietude?----\
A timidity-------- a shyness
Trepidation---/
Nasty, all of the above------that is criminally vulgar
Rollicking
in snyonymity-----hint to think synonyms
I am.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:15 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Is anyone going to make an accusation??

What else have you found, Schony?

Yes! Yes! Accuse! Accuse! Cut someone down to size! Feed them to the wolves! Bring them down! Something I've steadfastly refused to do. *scoffs* I only murder.

I always refused to participate in Sabrewolf's "which member do you feel something negatively about" threads on the old boards.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:16 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
The_Assassin wrote:
The assassin apologizes for screwing up the first clue, though it didn't hinder anyone because
A). No one could come up with the phrase until Sabretoothpick
B). No one could figure out how to use said phrase until Sabretoothpick

Still as a show of good assassin-faith, the next victim will not be a member of the police force.

I should clarify this. When you think like me, you realize I didn't specify WHICH police force. Several of my other clues carry this attribute as well.

The next victim will not be a member of the police force for this, the third, variant of the assassin game.

Poof...ambiguity gone.

A bit of a subtle hint that when I said "the boards" i wasn't referring to the boards that everyone thought.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:16 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
My last post that I was referring to was about what a ghost town the boards have become. Hmmmmmmmmm.......what are you all missing? Recheck the clues.

and getting less subtle, lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next