It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:17 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
The next victim shall have no numbers in their username on the boards. Excuse me. On THIS board.

another boards hint (since that was the big thing holding a lot of people back from making accusations).

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:18 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
Assassin Identity Clue

Two things you have wrong, hinder your search.
Don't worry, I didn't lie, you simply misinterpret the words.

The top ten posters, and the religious aspect. Man I was really confusing sometimes, haha, sorry everyone.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:19 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
The assassin confesses, at the time of the no numbers clue, they had not chosen a specific victim.
But the victim has been chosen. Care to hazard a guess?

Identity clue

Mechaphil has a biohazard symbol as his avatar.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:20 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
You must protect the prince
Though I'm sure the victim will see to that
Shielding him from harm
They are, after all, rather attached

Beth figured this one out pretty good, referring to Phil's Prince Albert piercing. Of course Phil would shield his manhood from harm, and he is quite literally attached to it.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:21 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
motzie12ak wrote:
assassin, if i may ask, the reference to a cross and bible by your bed, is that in your home residence? cuz some of us have more than one bed. such as me, I have a dorm bed and a home bed :D

My home residence, yes. I have one place in which I reside, however that first sentence is not technically accurate.

A bit of a hint that I live at home, but it is not my home, rather my parents. I thought about putting "my" in quotes but thought it might be too easy.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
A Victim Clue!

Time changes, uphill
Without tingles, of conscience
Without you, thinking it through
The assassin will target their kill

VICTIM CLUE

Take "TINGLES" and "U" out of the first line per the second and third lines and you get mechaphil. I thought this was rather clever, lol.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 pm 
Cup Winner

Man Alex, you did a great job being an assassin.

Looks like you had lots of fun fucking with our minds. Bet it was.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
My apologies to Schony, and to all, on the cryptic nature of the clues. I strive to be difficult, such is the nature of the game, but solvable. Due to the rather meandering nature of my thought processes that tends to result in a quagmire of confusion more often than not.

I do like the recent trend of clarifying past identity clues. It means I do not have to come up with any new ones :P, and causes the puzzle pieces to shift ever slightly closer together. I will try to be guarded. Don't want to be found before I've a sizable pile of bodies to hide behind after all.

I will say this. At one point, the "Trek" identity clue was taken as far as it needed to go. And then people thought and thought, and made new connections, and other connections and more what ifs and it became a monster. Rawr!

I will offer another hint. In one of the clues for the first victim, I made, not a mistake...let's just say I threw a bit too much information in that I was surprised no one picked up on. I thought a certain member of the police force would pick up on it rather quickly.

And tomorrow I will post a clue that will lead you to my username. Be warned, it looks like a black lab ate and subsequently vomited a calculator. I think it will be solveble given a certain intuitiveness, and Sabre fandom.

The second to last paragraph. In the UB clue for mel, I capitalized Business, which is her major, literally after talking to her about it a night or two before. I thought for sure she'd make me, haha.

Schony had the trek clue figured out pretty quick but then everyone started overanalyzing. People were a bit hesitant to use their accusations which saved me for a while.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
SchonyGal wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Crosscheck is a trekkie, isn't he?????Ohhhhh boy!

Crosscheck has Center Ice. He wouldn't have been watching a feed ;)

The feed from Center ice maybe?

A trekkie would call it a feed! :lol:

I think this is the post that PSP was correct about. Kind of a hunch, but the assassin has been direct in VERY few instances. Their style is to be airy and confusing, but there are a few direct statements. Why? It makes no sense. Wouldn't they give away too much?

I would guess that the "feed" is in fact a cable or satellite feed (though not necessary Center Ice). I would also guess that the "I am" list that the assassin posted might have been completely true item by item, but misleading. It would be right up this assassin's alley to post things like that knowing we'd all jump to certain conclusions. The assassin never said they're religious, just that they've got a cross above their bed and own a bible and are confirmed. Don't tons of athletes wear cross necklaces without any strong religious conviction? Plus they keep saying how we're "assuming the wrong things" or whatever. Where are we assuming the wrong things?

A hint from a different area.

Also, every once in a while, with my CV account, I used words, or posting tendancies to mirror the assassin to see if anyone would catch on.

I like to use ellipses (...) a lot, and did so in this thread. There were a few times I posted as CV without any capital letters. I don't think anyone noticed until I made a comment about similes in another thread that Schony caught.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
psychemedisabrefan wrote:
so how does this work with the holiday tomorrow. i mean some people are probably going to be quite busy tomorrow and not have a chance to get to a computer to try to figure out new clues, make accusations, try to figure stuff out etc. is there like a grace day, where thursday is not counted amongst the three day cycle.

I'll let you, the proles decide. If most seem to be in favor of it, that would stretch the deadline until around 5pm on Saturday.

random use of the word proles, since ETC had briefly been discussed as a potential assassin.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:30 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
Identity Clue

[26]-(2)-2
[21]-(2)-3
[22]-(1)-1
[10]-(2)-2
[22]-(2)-2
[22]-(1)-3
[41]-(1)-1
[28]-(2)-7
[29]-(2)-10
[37]-(2)-1
[44]-(1)-5
[44]-(2)-2
[21]-(2)-4
[52]-(1)-5
[55]-(1)-4
[55]-(2)-1
[55]-(2)-4
[41]-(2)-7
[55]-(1)-4
[37]-(2)-4
[13]-(1)-2
[34]-(1)-4
[25]-(1)-2
[25]-(2)-3
[5]-(2)-1
[57]-(1)-3
[10]-(2)-3
[41]-(2)-1
[29]-(2)-3
[29]-(2)-5
[19]-(2)-3
[19]-(2)-4
[13]-(2)-3
[5]-(1)-2
[9]-(2)-2
[9]-(2)-1
[34]-(2)-6
[22]-(2)-4
[57]-(2)-5
[37]-(2)-5
[44]-(2)-1
[29]-(1)-3
[28]-(2)-4
[28]-(2)-5
[57]-(1)-1
[13]-(1)-1
[21]-(2)-2
[28]-(2)-3
[52]-(2)-3
[57]-(1)-2
[57]-(2)-2
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

The order of the first, once solved, must be rearranged. The order to the second must remain the same. The first is the code, the second is the guide.

Ahh the big one, using Sabres players. Suffice it to say, you get this...

1 - I
2 - AM
3 - THE
3 - SON
3 - AND
3 - THE
4 - HEIR
2 - OF
1 - A
7 - SHYNESS
4 - THAT
2 - IS
10 - CRIMINALLY
6 - VULGAR

I knew someone would get the letters themselves quickly, and that it was too many letters for most anagram generators. So I offered the letter count to each word in the song, figuring someone would either key in the one letter words, I and A and solve it that way or assume Criminally Vulgar.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:31 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
Rutledge222 wrote:
Chrismillah(spazo) wrote:
Rutledge222 wrote:
Not really Assassin, its not required for lot of history classes, I have yet to take a history class where it was required to read it, and I went to a College Prep High School... We are held to a higher standard... haha

That's high school though, you've still got many more books to read lol.

haha maybe so... But still College Prep High Schools cover a variety of things.... but your right...

Not English apparently... :P

I posted my your/you're pet peeve in the grammar thread a few weeks back.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:33 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The_Assassin wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
SchonyGal wrote:
H0CKEYisL0VEx24 wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
Laura, but I can say that I am in fact not the assassin.
Wooo! 8-)

The Assassin said they were not a top ten poster.

depending on how often they post regularly and all that. that clue could change.

Just for posterity's sake:
1 mechaphil 3716

That's the results from doing a member search based on descending number of total posts. Trust me, all, I'm not the assassin.

What was your ranking on the old boards?

And my final hint which lifted the final barrier for accusing me.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:35 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Whew, I posted a lot of clues, lol. That, I believe is a sufficiently thorough explanation of everything.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:36 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'm just going to throw this out there for S2S while Alex is posting his little heart away ;)

S2S, I like the idea of different screen names for each Assassin. You can look up their posts and not have the run into previous Assassins. Also, if any Assassin has had pm's with anyone, they might not have deleted them from incoming and outgoing before transferring an account. I can always check with XC to see if he has any issue with Assassins running up the member total as the accounts can always be deleted.

The only thing that should be transferred from one Assassin to another is the info as to how to log in anonymously. Just wondered what you thought.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:37 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Whew, I posted a lot of clues, lol. That, I believe is a sufficiently thorough explanation of everything.

We don't believe you were really the Assassin. I think you should go over it again.

;)

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 pm 
Cup Winner

Like I said earlier Alex, you did a great job of being the assassin this time.

Your number clues were mind-boggling to me.

I kinda want someone to do a music clue or use different website links and such.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:40 pm 
Captain Dynasty

SchonyGal wrote:
I'm just going to throw this out there for S2S while Alex is posting his little heart away ;)

S2S, I like the idea of different screen names for each Assassin. You can look up their posts and not have the run into previous Assassins. Also, if any Assassin has had pm's with anyone, they might not have deleted them from incoming and outgoing before transferring an account. I can always check with XC to see if he has any issue with Assassins running up the member total as the accounts can always be deleted.

The only thing that should be transferred from one Assassin to another is the info as to how to log in anonymously. Just wondered what you thought.

I agree with this. I think Crosscheck can delete accounts anyways. Everyone once in a while he could clean out assassin accounts.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Like I said earlier Alex, you did a great job of being the assassin this time.

Your number clues were mind-boggling to me.

I kinda want someone to do a music clue or use different website links and such.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to do something with pictures, but I thought that might be too easy to somehow trace back to me or something.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:45 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Also, I didn't want to be assassin too long, because it gets annoying not figuring them out, plus I was posting a lot as it is. Can you imagine if I was assassin another week...or two?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next