It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:31 pm 
Page Side

Someone transpose it to bass clef and take down the notes.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:09 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

PuckSniperPensel wrote:

not sure how much that would help. the assassinator said that knowing music wouldnt do any good.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 pm 
Page Side

Wozniak wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

not sure how much that would help. the assassinator said that knowing music wouldnt do any good.

Actually, he said it was important to know music.

Assassinator wrote:
Knowing the note names mean nothing, but then again, they play an important part to this clue. Find a way to make those notes turn into Letters of the alphabet and you will all facepalm when you find out the answer and how simple it could be, or complicated if you are completely music illiterate.

Basically saying that if you're music illiterate, you'll have problems figuring this out.

Assassinator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:27 pm 
Late-Round Gem

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

Assassinator wrote:
Knowing the note names mean nothing, but then again, they play an important part to this clue. Find a way to make those notes turn into Letters of the alphabet and you will all facepalm when you find out the answer and how simple it could be, or complicated if you are completely music illiterate.

Basically saying that if you're music illiterate, you'll have problems figuring this out.

The most you will need to understand about music is what a sharp and flat is and how the correspond with the other notes.

Wozniak is on the right path with this clue, just a bit more thinking and tweaking he will solve it.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:39 pm 
Garbage Man

well sharps made notes higher and flats make em lower. hmm

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:59 pm 
Page Side

E D A E-flat C E E C F-sharp B E-flat C G G-sharp F-sharp B-flat B D-flat D-natural G G-sharp F F C G-sharp F-sharp G-sharp G-natural

D G D H G A C D H H G H G

F E F F E C E D F F E F G

Those are the notes with sharp and flat designation, 1 letter forwards or backwards, depending on it's designation, and the way by which the assassin may have interpreted it.

Any note that had a natural designation I included and kept it as itself.

EDIT: Although, if you want to talk about how they correspond with other notes, a D flat is the same as a C sharp. Let me try something else.

E D A E-flat C E E C F-sharp B E-flat C G G-sharp F-sharp B-flat B D-flat D-natural G G-sharp F F C G-sharp F-sharp G-sharp G-natural

DGDAGACDAAGAG

Those are the notes transposed to reflect their letter designations of their opposite tone designations, retaining any natural notes as themselves.

Example: The first note that is designated as a flat, sharp, or natural note in the sheet music is an E flat. An E-flat is the same as a D-sharp. Therefore, the first letter in the sequence posted above is a D.

DDAC - Flats transposed as shown above.

GAGAAGA - Sharps transposed as shown above.

DG - Natural notes in sequence.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:19 pm 
Garbage Man

I've been trying similar things as you PSP, but I can't seem to get any decent results when putting it into the anagram solver. It stumps me. But i suppose when your limited to the letters G A B C D E and F its hard to get a lot of word combinations which makes me wonder if theres a way to convert the notes into different letters somehow.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:28 pm 
Page Side

motzie12ak wrote:
I've been trying similar things as you PSP, but I can't seem to get any decent results when putting it into the anagram solver. It stumps me. But i suppose when your limited to the letters G A B C D E and F its hard to get a lot of word combinations which makes me wonder if theres a way to convert the notes into different letters somehow.

I was going to try to count the semitones between each note and turn them into letters, but the assassin has made it clear that the sharp and flat designation is important for some reason.

I'm thinking too musically.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

if i remember from chorus correctly the rule for sharps is look at the last sharp and go up a half step. as for flats look at second to last flat. that is for finding a key. but like has been said flats drop the note a half step while the sharp raises the note a half step. what would happen if the flats and sharps did not exist, maybe try playing like that. just a guess.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:52 pm 
Cup Winner

Seems like the assassin wanted us to look at every note in that range and not limit ourselves to just the actual note names.

I think Wozniak has it close, but he only did spaces and lines, and not the flat and sharp thing.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

Assassinator wrote:

see this is what happens when you skim the clues. :doh:

anyway. since i cant read music or anything of the sort lettering the bards were really the only thing i could come up with, outside of tracing the shapes.

what if we shouldnt be looking for an anagram but something like "every other letter?"

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:44 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Wozniak wrote:
heres what ive been playing around with

Woz, I was going to consider the flats to be one letter down and the sharps one letter up. In other words, instead of BCFI, the I is a flat, so I get BCFH.

I tried to follow it through but had a total brain fart when it came to the staccato and had no idea what to do from there. It would be pointless for me (the musically challenged) to try and help at this point.
Pay no attention to me ;)

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:47 pm 
Cup Winner

SchonyGal wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
heres what ive been playing around with

Woz, I was going to consider the flats to be one letter down and the sharps one letter up. In other words, instead of BCFI, the I is a flat, so I get BCFH.

I tried to follow it through but had a total brain fart when it came to the staccato and had no idea what to do from there. It would be pointless for me (the musically challenged) to try and help at this point. Pay no attention to me ;)

Staccato Schony? Trust me on this one, there are no staccato notes there.

If you mean the natural sign, then it's not a sharp or flat again.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:04 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
SchonyGal wrote:
Staccato Schony? Trust me on this one, there are no staccato notes there.

If you mean the natural sign, then it's not a sharp or flat again.

I don't know what I mean. I asked Mr. Schony what the two different symbols were (not the sharp, not the flat) and he that they were staccato so that's what I typed :oops:

If anyone can pick a victim out of this, let me know
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cg ... =n&q=n&k=1
Don't even ask. I'm off on my one little tangent :lol:

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:33 am 
Page Side

Assassinator wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

Assassinator wrote:

The most you will need to understand about music is what a sharp and flat is and how the correspond with the other notes.

Wozniak is on the right path with this clue, just a bit more thinking and tweaking he will solve it.

So the assassin is basically saying the notes themselves aren't numerically or alphabetically important.

All we need to know about sharps and flats is that whether or not they mean up or down.

So Woz is on the right track.

Hmmm....

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:57 am 
Cup Winner

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Assassinator wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

Assassinator wrote:

So the assassin is basically saying the notes themselves aren't numerically or alphabetically important.

All we need to know about sharps and flats is that whether or not they mean up or down.

So Woz is on the right track.

Hmmm....

It looks like what they said, to know the actual notes names aren't important, but where they are is important.

Rud wrote:

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:05 am 
Page Side

Oh I agree sky. I'm just saying, if you're trying to draw a connect the dots sort of thing, you need to know whether to go up or down on a note that has a sharp or flat designation, in order to draw and connect the dots correctly.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:33 am 
PP Quarterback

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Assassinator wrote:
I just can't wait. Here is the second victim clue, good luck to all who try and figure this one out.

E D A E-flat C E E C D-sharp (F-sharp ?) B E-flat C G G-sharp F-sharp B-flat B D-flat D-natural (B-flat B-natural ?) G G-sharp F F C G-sharp F-sharp G-sharp (no sharp) G-natural

I'm not sure but the red ones might be incorrect

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:39 am 
Captain Dynasty

I have no musical talent so I'm pretty useless on this one

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:40 am 
PP Quarterback

I tried something today:

low E="A", F="B", F-sharp/G-flat= "C", G="D", G-sharp/A-flat="E" ..... and the high E = "Y";

I get: YWRLIAAICTLIDEOSTGHDENNIEODD

Irony's name is almost in there, just 1 "S" is missing. Someone should check if I made a mistake.

PS: It could be that the high E = "A" and the low E = "Y". I didn't try.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next