It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
useful fictions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 pm 
Brawler

my girlfriend for making fun of leonard cohen.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:08 pm 
Textbook Grinder

People who use other people's opinions as their own.

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:23 pm 
Superstar Goalie

People who refer to objective things as opinion and get offended when you rip their "opinion" apart. :D

(I don't understand why doing that is so offensive. ? Also, every time I hear someone say, "That's just my opinion," in response to being ripped apart, in my head I hear, "You sound right, and my opinion may be wrong; please let me hold on to this bit of ignorance I have left so that I don't have to change my opinion!")

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 pm 
Captain Dynasty

My family's occasional lack of common sense.

Dropping my sister off at college took twice as long as it needed to. Once all her shit was in her room, she was ready to kick us out and I was ready to leave, but my parents kept hanging around.

I had to keep telling them, she doesn't want us to hang around, she wants to make new friends on her own.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:44 pm 
Textbook Grinder

acrossthelines wrote:
People who refer to objective things as opinion and get offended when you rip their "opinion" apart. :D

(I don't understand why doing that is so offensive. ? Also, every time I hear someone say, "That's just my opinion," in response to being ripped apart, in my head I hear, "You sound right, and my opinion may be wrong; please let me hold on to this bit of ignorance I have left so that I don't have to change my opinion!")

It's called 'saving face'.

Or when people argue on a subjective matter and someone says that they're "wrong" in an objective way...

blusabre
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm 
First Rounder

The "thugs" in my neighbourhood who think it's perfectly acceptable to go around jumping people from behind. I mean, mugging someone is bad enough, but not even having the cojones to launch your attack to the person's face is just soft and frankly embarrassing. Maybe if the little cock sucking motherfucking spineless excuses of human life that inhabit my area had any balls whatsoever to speak of, I wouldn't feel the need to walk around at night with one finger ever present on the push button of my switchblade.

Los9090
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:15 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Yikes

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:59 am 
Hart Winner

blusabre wrote:
The "thugs" in my neighbourhood who think it's perfectly acceptable to go around jumping people from behind. I mean, mugging someone is bad enough, but not even having the cojones to launch your attack to the person's face is just soft and frankly embarrassing. Maybe if the little cock sucking motherfucking spineless excuses of human life that inhabit my area had any balls whatsoever to speak of, I wouldn't feel the need to walk around at night with one finger ever present on the push button of my switchblade.

That's how I feel every time I go out at night. I usually have mace around, too.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:14 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

BlueandYellow wrote:
blusabre wrote:

That's how I feel every time I go out at night. I usually have mace around, too.

I have a Glock 26 that comes with me most places where I am concerned I'll get my ass mugged or kicked...not that I'd ever want to use it, but if it comes down to me, or them...it's gonna be them.

Squanto 7/27/2010

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:23 pm 
Hart Winner

jvaccaro6 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
blusabre wrote:

I have a Glock 26 that comes with me most places where I am concerned I'll get my ass mugged or kicked...not that I'd ever want to use it, but if it comes down to me, or them...it's gonna be them.

Well that's more effective then my weapons!

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:55 pm 

BlueandYellow wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
blusabre wrote:

Well that's more effective then my weapons!

Yeah, a modest amount of stopping power :lol:

Squanto 7/27/2010

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:59 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i dont think i could ever carry a gun. might get that itchy trigger finger, and shoot someone who really isnt a threat, just an inconvenience. if someone wants my wallet, im not going to shoot them for it.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:48 pm 
Hart Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dont think i could ever carry a gun. might get that itchy trigger finger, and shoot someone who really isnt a threat, just an inconvenience. if someone wants my wallet, im not going to shoot them for it.

I will. :whistle:

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:59 am 

Jersey Shore, it makes all Italian Americans look like douche bags, when really, the vast majority of us think they are douche bags...go figure

Squanto 7/27/2010

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:48 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

The majority of the cast aren't even Italian-American. One of the guys is Puerto Rican and Snooki is Chilean, those two I know off the top of my head.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:50 am 
Captain Dynasty

jersey shore is TERRIBLE.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 am 
Captain Dynasty

When people park in the fucking street where I live. I live out in the country. The road is peaked in the center, and there is no shoulder. It is barely wide enough for two vehicles without some dumbass parking their minivan in is. Everyone around here has 200+ foot driveways. Fucking use them, or park in your yard.

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:27 am 
Superstar Goalie

Questions that don't really have any answers. How dare they. Everything in my world must make sense.

-Khalil Gibran

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:55 am 
Superstar Goalie

Idiots who spout their screwed up ideas as "real" then look at you like you're the dumb one for asking why the formed that opinion and what they base it on. Had someone rattle on about how she "knows" Obama is a Muslim and really born in Kenya. Never did get any reason why she thinks that other than hearing it on Fox.

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:00 am 
Superstar Goalie

Displaced Fan wrote:
Idiots who spout their screwed up ideas as "real" then look at you like you're the dumb one for asking why the formed that opinion and what they base it on. Had someone rattle on about how she "knows" Obama is a Muslim and really born in Kenya. Never did get any reason why she thinks that other than hearing it on Fox.

:x I hate that. Once someone "knows" something, even if the source that person got it from one day decides to admit to screwing up and retracts what was stated (lol yeah right, though sometimes it does happen, if an individual newspaper or journalist is at fault), that person will typically go on believing it anyway, especially if it was particularly shocking or whatever to begin with. It's kind of amazing, actually, how people can hold on to an idea about something or someone despite all evidence to the contrary with nothing supporting what they believe outside of, "Oh, I heard it somewhere," or, "That's what everyone's saying, so there has to be some truth to it!" Have to choose your battles wisely, I guess.

-Khalil Gibran

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next