It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:35 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Unless she suddenly becomes a nun, I call bullshit.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:23 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Los9090 wrote:
Being dumped by a girl because she feels that her relationship with God has taken a back seat...So how do you compete with that?

I'm a heathen of course but still....what a bunch of bullshit.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:40 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Los9090 wrote:
Being dumped by a girl because she feels that her relationship with God has taken a back seat...So how do you compete with that?

Just have her spend more time in the missionary position :dance:

Squanto 7/27/2010

Rud
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:15 pm 
Superstar Goalie

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Los9090 wrote:

Hey-oh!

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:24 pm 
Hart Winner

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Los9090 wrote:

:clap: :dance:

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:10 pm 
Hart Winner

Eating peppers and then the next morning it's....

:oops:

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 pm 
Garbage Man

My friend's poor time management skills.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:43 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:
Eating peppers and then the next morning it's....

:oops:

That doesn't piss me off so much as it makes me relatively uncomfortable.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm 
Textbook Grinder

Two faced people; they act nice to you in person, but then talk about you behind your back.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:40 pm 
resident car guy

SabreWolf wrote:
Two faced people

Why you gotta hate?

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

useful fictions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:01 am 
Brawler

the withering of our health, educational, and social well-being over decades due to the subsidizing of business and other endeavors that have been prioritized over the collective needs of people in general.

let's roll the military budget back so we can restructure and fix our priorities concerning our education (or libraries, public services, etc.) so that people in the future, at least, aren't stupid enough to put bombs over books. if capitalism really is such a cutthroat mode of economy, then why do the businesses under it need to be subsidized by the taxpayers they are exploiting?

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:12 am 

I am starting to lose my mind with this new generation of hippies man. Peace, Love, and all that shit, it's all a nice concept, but so is a world where every thing is fair. It's not reality, and it never will be. The next person who tries to cram some bullshit in my face about joining the Air Force, and tell me that it's a bad decision because of how corrupt our government is, is probably going to meet my fucking boot in their face.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Wozniak
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:29 am 
Franchise Defenseman

jvaccaro6 wrote:
I am starting to lose my mind with this new generation of hippies man. Peace, Love, and all that shit, it's all a nice concept, but so is a world where every thing is fair. It's not reality, and it never will be. The next person who tries to cram some bullshit in my face about joining the Air Force, and tell me that it's a bad decision because of how corrupt our government is, is probably going to meet my fucking boot in their face.

you know what you need to do?

i love the boondocks.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

useful fictions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:32 am 
Brawler

wow, that's awesome. you put it so succinctly, i think i understand the meaning of america now. brute force, is it?

my uncle just retired from the air force. it's full of good old boys just like you that are full of pride and testosterone. it's great if you want to do it, but if you feel that you have to it becomes a problem. the problem is where people feel their only option is to join the armed forces. the problem is where the branches of military get so much funding, yet those who serve the branches get little to nothing out of it, and our education system suffers in the process. you've already proved that last point, though.

i don't think you're an idiot for joining the air force. i don't even think it's a bad thing. i think you taking it personally shows that the armed forces have come under scrutiny in a lot of instances. things get scrutinized when they become excessive, and that is a good thing. perhaps i wouldn't be so ready to attack such things if they provided more for those who supported them.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:41 am 

That is by far and away the worst argument I've ever heard against joining the Military. Our education suffers? What do you think people do while they're in? Just shoot up babies and rape villagers?

In the Air Force I'm getting training, and experience in a career field, not to mention all the valuable life experiences I will gain out of it. I'm not forced to go in, it's something I want to do, I've already got my BA, and decided it's something I want to do. I've got over a dozen family members who have served or are currently serving in the Military.

Us testosterone pumped up meat heads; damn us. How dare we take pride in what we do. Meanwhile you spew your bullshit about writing, and how fucked up the world is, and all that other good emo bullshit. But the minute we stand up to you, and respond by calling us meat heads, or whatever else you want to say.

Also, what do we get out of it, solid pay check, room and board, nearly $75,000, paid experience in a career field, retirement with full benefits after 20 years of service, free health/life/dental insurance for me (and family if I had one). Yeah; I'd say there are some benefits to being in the USAF.

Also, if you're gonna bitch about how shitty our educational system is, fucking grammar in your own posts would be nice. The shift key is on the left and right hand sides of your standard keyboard. Learn it, and the proper functionality; then use it.

Squanto 7/27/2010

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 am 
Hart Winner

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Also, if you're gonna bitch about how shitty our educational system is, fucking grammar in your own posts would be nice. The shift key is on the left and right hand sides of your standard keyboard. Learn it, and the proper functionality; then use it.

Oh damn. He went there.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:58 pm 
Textbook Grinder

Comments when attacking a film or defending a film:

"You just didn't get it": I'm am sick as hell of hearing this one. There are lots of films where something is left ambiguous or left open to interpretation and people enjoy those films. If I'm not enjoying a film-I'm not enjoying a film. Understanding a film that I did not enjoy will not endear me to it. It would be like a joke flopping and the comedian then explains it: it doesn't make it funny or enjoyable and you have to spend more time with something you didn't like in the first place.

"Turn-off your brain:" NO...just no. If I have to shut off my brain to enjoy something I may as well just look at a screen saver. Hell, considering the price of a ticket, I could go to a happy hour special and get 5-6 beers or a fishbowl filled with a long island iced-tea.

Asking me to suspend my disbelief is one thing, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is IMO a true masterpiece, although it begs you to believe a lot of things. MD Geist orders me to take every scrap of knowledge I have and flush it down the toilet as well as cut off my frontal lobes.

Oh, and "It's not trying to be Citizen Kane."

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

It pisses me off when people post something on CL but don't take the listing down when it sells. Fuck you.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:52 pm 
Mrs. Miller

When I work in the ice cream stand at work and I'm running low on $5s and singles, so I make a sign that says, "We need $5s and singles, please! :)" and people still pay with $20s. I just want to go all Soup [Ice Cream] Nazi on them and be like, "NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU!" and shut the window in their face.

This one lady had a bunch of $5s and singles and handed me a $20 to pay and I was just like, "Uhhhhh no." and she gave me attitude that she had to use one of her $5s and a single to pay for what she got which cost like 6 bucks.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:54 pm 
Hart Winner

I hate when kids throw fire crackers at your car, but when go back and pass them again and you have a huge ass rock in your hands they don't do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next