It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
useful fictions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:53 pm 
Brawler

jvaccaro6 wrote:
That is by far and away the worst argument I've ever heard against joining the Military. Our education suffers? What do you think people do while they're in? Just shoot up babies and rape villagers?

In the Air Force I'm getting training, and experience in a career field, not to mention all the valuable life experiences I will gain out of it. I'm not forced to go in, it's something I want to do, I've already got my BA, and decided it's something I want to do. I've got over a dozen family members who have served or are currently serving in the Military.

Us testosterone pumped up meat heads; damn us. How dare we take pride in what we do. Meanwhile you spew your bullshit about writing, and how fucked up the world is, and all that other good emo bullshit. But the minute we stand up to you, and respond by calling us meat heads, or whatever else you want to say.

Also, what do we get out of it, solid pay check, room and board, nearly $75,000, paid experience in a career field, retirement with full benefits after 20 years of service, free health/life/dental insurance for me (and family if I had one). Yeah; I'd say there are some benefits to being in the USAF.

Also, if you're gonna bitch about how shitty our educational system is, fucking grammar in your own posts would be nice. The shift key is on the left and right hand sides of your standard keyboard. Learn it, and the proper functionality; then use it.

generalizations. i love them. i never attacked you, you attacked me. what was it, a "hippie"? i'm talking about the ever-expanding military budget taking priority over the budget for our public school system, which you obviously failed to account for. my uncle just retired from the air force, and the package isn't that good of a deal. his two children don't get full benefits, and he got fucked over the last year and a half he was in the air force by bureaucratic bullshit.

the reason you're a "meat-head", as you call it, is because you simply resorted to using physical means to vent you frustration, and on a message board, for that matter.

it's great that you're bringing grammar up. i never capitalize unless i am required to on a formal documents or otherwise. the idea that i have to explain it to you is hilarious. i'm sure you'll move on in your response to attacking that, but whatever.

are you going to threaten me again like you did on the old sabres board? i'd love to see you teach me a lesson by stomping my face in. oi! oi! oi!

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 pm 
Hart Winner

You did attack him by saying his career that he is devoting his love, passion, and life to, is a corrupt system that is ruining America... Which is total BS. You also call it a bunch of "brutes" that make America seem like brutes, which is total BS as well.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:04 pm 
Hart Winner

Not that his response was a butterfly wrapped in pixie dust of course, but I can see where he is coming from.

useful fictions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:13 pm 
Brawler

the "brutes" comment was in response to his comment regarding his "boot in someone's face",. i never attacked the career, i was attacking the system that runs it, but i suppose such a tough guy needs to defend a helpless branch of the armed forces with a multi-million dollar budget and hundreds of thousands of volunteers that can't defend it without his help.

the fact is that military spending is ridiculous and something needs to be done about it. the budget hasn't been managed properly in decades, and by resorting to this reduction of "hippie emo kid" bullshit, he is simply reinforcing the fact that those who allow themselves to be taken advantage of will be taken be used. to resort to an argument regarding service to the nation as a defense is just as bad as attacking the career option in itself.

i guess i shouldn't make a sardonic response to someone who is threatening anyone who makes a comment to their disliking on the internet. that's bad.

useful fictions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 pm 
Brawler

BlueandYellow wrote:
Not that his response was a butterfly wrapped in pixie dust of course, but I can see where he is coming from.

i can't. if he wants to take it personally, fine. there's no reason to act like the military budget is honky dory and enlisting is a viable option for those who are struggling, though.

he acts as if i was speaking about him when i made my original post.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:21 pm 
MegaDouche

BlueandYellow wrote:
I hate when kids throw fire crackers at your car, but when go back and pass them again and you have a huge ass rock in your hands they don't do it.

huh?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 pm 
Hart Winner

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
I hate when kids throw fire crackers at your car, but when go back and pass them again and you have a huge ass rock in your hands they don't do it.

huh?

Two little 14 or 15 year old kids threw a fire cracker at my car, so when I saw them again on the way back from the store I had a huge ass rock to throw at them, and they saw me and said "oh shit" and ran.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:36 pm 
Textbook Grinder

I'm being a bit stubborn in getting my Chartered Accountant designation because it has prestige and things like that which could lead some better jobs. But just because you have a designation doesn't mean you actually should be doing the job you're doing.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Nope honestly, I am not going to waste my time on you. You come on here, and start in with your same bullshit you did on the last boards. Proclaim how smart you are, but never give any factual evidence for your opinions. However your opinions are flawed due to your views on life, no matter how fucked up I view them to be, it's your right as an American to have those opinions. So carry on with your misinformed, verbal vomit. I'll just add you to my pay no mind list, and be done with you. Had I known you were Sabot from the old forums, I'd of just put you on ignore when I saw you on these forums. Things all fall in line now.

Squanto 7/27/2010

useful fictions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:19 am 
Brawler

hey, that's cool. i never made any claims pertaining to my intelligence, but since you're accusing me of it, and insulting my grammar...

"i'd of?" you mean "i'd have"? come on, man. even hippies can see the flaw in that. good luck to you with your career in the air force, though.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:52 am 
Hart Winner

useful fictions wrote:
hey, that's cool. i never made any claims pertaining to my intelligence, but since you're accusing me of it, and insulting my grammar...

"i'd of?" you mean "i'd have"? come on, man. even hippies can see the flaw in that. good luck to you with your career in the air force, though.

:violence-swords: :violence-duel: :violence-fencing: :violence-bowandarrow: :violence-blades: :violence-axechase:

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm 
MegaDouche

The forums aren't a place to argue like this. Differing opinions are fine, but it turned much more personal. Please take this to PM.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:17 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I hate it when Raptor Jesus sells babies...

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:19 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

That just made my fucking day :lol:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm 
Captain Dynasty

AudSabres wrote:

I hate it when Raptor Jesus sells babies...

story of my life...

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:58 pm 
PP Quarterback

It pisses me off that I'm too skinny for a lot of clothes now. I wear a double zero at Express.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

backthatSASSup wrote:
It pisses me off that I'm too skinny for a lot of clothes now. I wear a double zero at Express.

I know the feeling. I have to go on a massive shopping spree when I get my refund check from school.

I'm also pissed off that I just spent an ass ton of money on the next 10 months of rent; fuckin eh, writing a check for the entire amount is painful. But I wont have to worry about it again until next July.

Squanto 7/27/2010

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:40 pm 
Textbook Grinder

backthatSASSup wrote:

So you want to gain weight?

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm 
PP Quarterback

No. I want clothing stores to make clothes that fit me. If they can make huge clothes for fat ass people, they can make small clothes for skinny ass people.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:01 pm 
Captain Dynasty

backthatSASSup wrote:
No. I want clothing stores to make clothes that fit me. If they can make huge clothes for fat ass people, they can make small clothes for skinny ass people.

Same here. I was at Wal Mart not long ago looking at the novelty boxers, and the smallest waist they had was a 36 or 38. Not necessarily huge, but wtf. Small people need clothes too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next