It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Fuck dude, 36 was the smallest? I wear a 34; and cant ever find jeans anywhere, seems like they skip right from 32 to 36 and leave the 34 out...of course it could just be that it's a popular size too...lol.

Squanto 7/27/2010

blusabre
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 pm 
First Rounder

TAMILS! :evil:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Going to post this straight from my blog. I don't care about more traffic, this situation just really pisses me off.

Seriously, Don't be an Asshole in Life
Many of you know that I play in-line hockey in Syracuse (SIHA). It's fun, it's a rec. league, and no one takes it too seriously. Since we're pretty much the only group that uses the arena during the summer, the owner of the league has been looking to expand into more activities, such as floor hockey (played on feet).

So this year we've been doing a trial run of a shortened floor hockey season that's largely glorified pick-up. There were supposed to be four teams, two from SIHA, one Liverpool, NY YMCA team, and one team from Auburn, NY. The Auburn team dropped out, so it's been two games of pick-up floor hockey SIHA vs. YMCA on Monday nights. I need to stress the complete and utter lack of seriousness and intensity to these games. It's fucking rec. floor hockey. Okay.

Now look, in a rec. league where the games are pick-up, I don't really give a shit about who wins or loses. I want to win, but seriously, who cares that much.

Apparently the group of 30- to 50-something YMCA guys.

The first week, the YMCA guys won both games, and this week, the SIHA teams did. One of the YMCA guys is a bigger guy, with braces on both legs, so he can't move terribly well, but his effort is always there and he's a nice guy. In a sport where there is a lot of running, the guy isn't a liability. He's made plenty of good plays and even has a goal or two (in a surprisingly low-scoring sport).

According to the league owner, one or more of the YMCA guys told him not to show next week.

Seriously? They made the guy cry.

How much of a scum-sucking piece of shit asshole do you have to be to tell someone not to play in a fucking rec. league with no standings for fun? Who shits on someone's parade like that? No matter what sports pundits and retired athletes tell you, wanting to win at all costs doesn't make you dedicated, it doesn't make you intense, and it doesn't make you a hustler.

It makes you an asshole. An asshole. Whoever said that...you're an asshole. Asshole. Don't make me link a god damn picture.

My first response was identical to the league owner's. Hell, come play for us We're not douchebags, we understand the concept of fun, and we have enough little fast guys to work well with a big body on D/in front of the net.

I coach youth softball, and have done basically ever since my sisters were old enough to play. I've coached some teams that never won a game. Hell I've been on teams that only won one game. My inline team the past two years has a combined record of 7-25. It's never even crossed my mind to even imply to someone that they shouldn't show up. If you do so, you're just a failure as a player, a failure as a coach and a failure as a human being.

It's the same thing as quitting. It is, it's admitting that you lack the requisite skills to work with that player as either a peer, or superior and help them get better. I'm glad no one told me that my first year of hockey when I pretty well sucked.

The whole situation is just really sad. I know a few of the YMCA guys fairly well, and they're great people. I know not everyone on their team would do that, or probably even knows about it, but I can make an educated guess as to who it is. And if it is that guy, he has kids that have attended the games. In fact, they're probably all parents.

Nice example you're setting.

useful fictions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 pm 
Brawler

hippies, gypsies, homosexuals, rebels, pinkos, beatniks, degenerates.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:50 pm 
resident car guy

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Going to post this straight from my blog. I don't care about more traffic, this situation just really pisses me off.

Many of you know that I play in-line hockey in Syracuse (SIHA). It's fun, it's a rec. league, and no one takes it too seriously. Since we're pretty much the only group that uses the arena during the summer, the owner of the league has been looking to expand into more activities, such as floor hockey (played on feet).

So this year we've been doing a trial run of a shortened floor hockey season that's largely glorified pick-up. There were supposed to be four teams, two from SIHA, one Liverpool, NY YMCA team, and one team from Auburn, NY. The Auburn team dropped out, so it's been two games of pick-up floor hockey SIHA vs. YMCA on Monday nights. I need to stress the complete and utter lack of seriousness and intensity to these games. It's fucking rec. floor hockey. Okay.

Now look, in a rec. league where the games are pick-up, I don't really give a shit about who wins or loses. I want to win, but seriously, who cares that much.

The first week, the YMCA guys won both games, and this week, the SIHA teams did. One of the YMCA guys is a bigger guy, with braces on both legs, so he can't move terribly well, but his effort is always there and he's a nice guy. In a sport where there is a lot of running, the guy isn't a liability. He's made plenty of good plays and even has a goal or two (in a surprisingly low-scoring sport).

According to the league owner, one or more of the YMCA guys told him not to show next week.

How much of a scum-sucking piece of shit asshole do you have to be to tell someone not to play in a fucking rec. league with no standings for fun? Who shits on someone's parade like that? No matter what sports pundits and retired athletes tell you, wanting to win at all costs doesn't make you dedicated, it doesn't make you intense, and it doesn't make you a hustler.

It makes you an asshole. An asshole. Whoever said that...you're an asshole. Asshole. Don't make me link a god damn picture.

My first response was identical to the league owner's. Hell, come play for us We're not douchebags, we understand the concept of fun, and we have enough little fast guys to work well with a big body on D/in front of the net.

I coach youth softball, and have done basically ever since my sisters were old enough to play. I've coached some teams that never won a game. Hell I've been on teams that only won one game. My inline team the past two years has a combined record of 7-25. It's never even crossed my mind to even imply to someone that they shouldn't show up. If you do so, you're just a failure as a player, a failure as a coach and a failure as a human being.

It's the same thing as quitting. It is, it's admitting that you lack the requisite skills to work with that player as either a peer, or superior and help them get better. I'm glad no one told me that my first year of hockey when I pretty well sucked.

The whole situation is just really sad. I know a few of the YMCA guys fairly well, and they're great people. I know not everyone on their team would do that, or probably even knows about it, but I can make an educated guess as to who it is. And if it is that guy, he has kids that have attended the games. In fact, they're probably all parents.

Wow, what a douchebag. I hate people like that.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Ryan911T wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

Seriously, I want to find out who it was and play Paul Bunyan with his unprotected ankles. I hope the big guy does show up and plays for us, and we beat their asses anyways.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:01 am 
resident car guy

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

Seriously, I want to find out who it was and play Paul Bunyan with his unprotected ankles. I hope the big guy does show up and plays for us, and we beat their asses anyways.

Watch the guy score a goal against them and you guys win.

I've been wanting to get into hockey, and that story gave me the idea to go check and see what roller hockey leagues are around me. I think most have ended, but I'll have to get on a team next year. Thanks!

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 am 
Captain Dynasty

Ryan911T wrote:

Watch the guy score a goal against them and you guys win.

I've been wanting to get into hockey, and that story gave me the idea to go check and see what roller hockey leagues are around me. I think most have ended, but I'll have to get on a team next year. Thanks!

No problem. We're in fall session right now, which is pretty much just pickup since no one needs ice in the rink until like October. This season I've played 7 preseason games, 14 regular season games (missed 2), one playoff game, right now five fall session games, four floor hockey games, plus about 12 games of 3 on 3 when I did the endurance challenge in June.

If you have any questions about roller hockey, let me know.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 am 
Hart Winner

useful fictions wrote:

Why do homosexuals piss you off?

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 am 
Mrs. Miller

blusabre wrote:
TAMILS! :evil:

???

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Rud
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 am 
Superstar Goalie

I think he was being sarcastic

useful fictions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 am 
Brawler

BlueandYellow wrote:
useful fictions wrote:

Why do homosexuals piss you off?

i was being sarcastic. nothing really pisses me off. not even arguing on a thread in a message board. i just love arguing.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 pm 
Textbook Grinder

People who wine and bitch about Crosby (far more than he actually does).

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:22 pm 
Hart Winner

SabreWolf wrote:

What the fuck is Crosby the prophet Muhammed? Fag.

;)

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm 
Textbook Grinder

BlueandYellow wrote:
SabreWolf wrote:

;)

He`s around your age and making 9 million dollars per year, and maybe a future Hall of Famer (if his career works out).

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:33 pm 
Hart Winner

SabreWolf wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
SabreWolf wrote:

;)

He`s around your age and making 9 million dollars per year, and maybe a future Hall of Famer (if his career works out).

Yeah, but at least I have a dick.

:shifty:

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:57 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Being 6'4"...sometimes. I need a 20" mtn bike frame at least, and no one on CL is selling one that big and if I were to buy one new it'd be absurdly expensive.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 am 
Textbook Grinder

It was $46 to get into Marineland, which is a slightly overrated aqua theme park.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:03 pm 
Hart Winner

SabreWolf wrote:
It was $46 to get into Marineland, which is a slightly overrated aqua theme park.

Damn $46. That's insane.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:09 pm 
Textbook Grinder

BlueandYellow wrote:
SabreWolf wrote:

Damn $46. That's insane.

$46 Canadian, still alot in US.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next