It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
MsRussellBeebe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:46 am 
Two-Way Center

End The Curse wrote:
MsRussellBeebe wrote:
Sleeping....so WTF am I still doing here, reading/posting on the boards? :?

Sounds to me like a classic case of underdrinking.

Wozniak wrote:
i was going to make this EXACT same post :D

About the drinking or still being up late? :lol:

"You can't polish a turd."

sabrescup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:54 pm 
Late-Round Gem

The feeling of relief once you pee and have been holding it for a while. :D

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabrescup wrote:

I will never forget going to the Festival of Lights in Niagara Falls (RIP, along with that one building with all the plants... that was an awesome place, with the stairs that go up quite a few stories) when I was seven. I had to pee the entire time we were there. It was a good half hour back to my grandmother's house after we left...

Best. Feeling. Ever.

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:45 pm 
Cup Winner

I'm loving Glee.

Started watching it at midnight, and watched 6 full episodes before I went to bed, so I watched 4.5 hours of Glee.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:55 pm 
Captain Dynasty

sabrescup wrote:

thats why i love being a man. i can pee where ever i want.

MsRussellBeebe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:34 am 
Two-Way Center

acrossthelines wrote:
I will never forget going to the Festival of Lights in Niagara Falls (RIP, along with that one building with all the plants... that was an awesome place, with the stairs that go up quite a few stories) when I was seven.

The Wintergarden: Image
Inside: Image

And the Occidental Building: ImageThey had a light show synchronized with Christmas Carols. I loved the Festival of Lights. I used to come back to Buffalo from wherever I lived (while I was on the mainland) to see this event.

What a shock 20 years later when I brought my former spouse to something I'd talked up for years that was a top 20 AAA tourism spot (bus tours) which fizzled out after corporate sponsor after sponsor bailed, and the vandalism of the displays became rampant. :(

fly as hale
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 am 
Mrs. Miller

waffles

Hockey Night in Buffalo

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:38 am 
Superstar Goalie

MsRussellBeebe wrote:
acrossthelines wrote:
I will never forget going to the Festival of Lights in Niagara Falls (RIP, along with that one building with all the plants... that was an awesome place, with the stairs that go up quite a few stories) when I was seven.

The Wintergarden: Image
Inside: Image

And the Occidental Building: ImageThey had a light show synchronized with Christmas Carols. I loved the Festival of Lights. I used to come back to Buffalo from wherever I lived (while I was on the mainland) to see this event.

What a shock 20 years later when I brought my former spouse to something I'd talked up for years that was a top 20 AAA tourism spot (bus tours) which fizzled out after corporate sponsor after sponsor bailed, and the vandalism of the displays became rampant. :(

Yep.

Every time I am in Niagara Falls, I see that building and want to go in it... and then I remember that there's nothing there anymore. Do they utilize it for anything now? The last time I was in NF, I was with my family, and my father had the same reaction of wanting to go in that building because it reminded him of his childhood before remembering that it's not what it was.

And that building with the lights was always my favorite when it came to the displays. I would stand there and watch that for fifteen minutes.

I think the last year that the Festival of Lights was anything worth seeing, I was eleven or twelve. The last time I went, I was nine. They're apparently bringing it back to the scale that it was next year, or so WGRZ said. Yeah, we'll see. I doubt it.

-Khalil Gibran

MsRussellBeebe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:26 am 
Two-Way Center

acrossthelines wrote:
MsRussellBeebe wrote:
acrossthelines wrote:

They had a light show synchronized with Christmas Carols. I loved the Festival of Lights. I used to come back to Buffalo from wherever I lived (while I was on the mainland) to see this event.

Yep.

Every time I am in Niagara Falls, I see that building and want to go in it... and then I remember that there's nothing there anymore. Do they utilize it for anything now? The last time I was in NF, I was with my family, and my father had the same reaction of wanting to go in that building because it reminded him of his childhood before remembering that it's not what it was.

And that building with the lights was always my favorite when it came to the displays. I would stand there and watch that for fifteen minutes.

I think the last year that the Festival of Lights was anything worth seeing, I was eleven or twelve. The last time I went, I was nine. They're apparently bringing it back to the scale that it was next year, or so WGRZ said. Yeah, we'll see. I doubt it.

I am excited to hear that! I would love to be able to see it again on the grand scale it once was. Seems like the Canadian side always trumps us on what we originate. I google'd Festival of Lights, Niagara Falls and all I came up with was the Canadian side of things. Not meaning to dis our friends to the North, but it sucks, partly because it is no longer in my backyard.

Sneaky E
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 am 
Garbage Man

:lol: :lol: lovesit.

MsRussellBeebe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:33 am 
Two-Way Center

Watching my dog sleep. She "purrs" contentedly and then curls herself up with her head on her tail.
On the rare occasion she sleeps in bed with me, she lays with her back up against my leg. If I had a kid, she'd be a dog. :lol:

fly as hale
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:40 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Sneaky E wrote:

Poor, lost soul.

His other videos are a riot too. Sometimes the things he says really annoys you because he's so far off the deep end, but in the end I just feel sorry for him because he's just so... Well, he's a poor, lost soul.

A Leafs fan I really enjoy is Steve Dangle. His YouTube videos are absolutely hilarious. He did a reenactment of Toskala's goal against Lydman and I was almost crying laughing.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

nnyfan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:04 pm 
Textbook Grinder

I love picking up and squeezing my cat, Max (named after our former crazy Russian). His fur is the softest fur I have ever seen on a cat. No matter what is making me blue in the day, hugging Max makes it all go away. Jeez...I should print that out and put it in a frame!! LOL

I also love knowing that I am 200 pounds today and it will be THE LAST time I see that number on the scale.

Also, doing the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred when the music turns to the stretching music. I think Hallelujah...I made it. ONce the use of my legs comes back the spots go away in front of my eyes, its time for lunch!!

nnyfan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:09 pm 
Textbook Grinder

fly as hale wrote:
Sneaky E wrote:

Poor, lost soul.

His other videos are a riot too. Sometimes the things he says really annoys you because he's so far off the deep end, but in the end I just feel sorry for him because he's just so... Well, he's a poor, lost soul.

A Leafs fan I really enjoy is Steve Dangle. His YouTube videos are absolutely hilarious. He did a reenactment of Toskala's goal against Lydman and I was almost crying laughing.

Fly, I love how your avatar picture of Ryan Miller was lookign right at him as he was talkign about MIller. HAHA.

Poor guy. He sounds a breath away from being a Sabres fan. Maybe he should jump ship and join us!! LOL

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 pm 
More Heart Than Skill

sabrescup wrote:

Oh hell yes! Usually leads to the pee shivers.

Ham

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

the feeling of a baseball in my right hand.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
the feeling of a baseball in my right hand.

What do you enjoy feeling in your left hand?

er...nevermind. :hand:

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i like pitching, and the feeling of the seams on my fingers. on my left hand is a rawlings glove.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

My beard

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 pm 
Superstar Goalie

New jackets.

I really needed a new one because the zipper on my current one is broken, and I have to bring it to a tailor to get a new one put on... I can't go through winter in Indiana without the ability to zipper my coat. People think Buffalo is bad? HAHAHAHA. Extreme cold is worse than snow, let me tell you. Anyway, yeah. I can't afford it, but I bought one anyway, out of necessity, and it is glorious. I can be warm! I spent the last three weeks in Indiana before break and all of break without being able to use the zipper... Ewwwww.

I also got another, lighter jacket because it was on clearance for $15, originally $200, so I'm going to donate my other fall jacket. :D

-Khalil Gibran

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next