Post subject: If you hate your job...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 am 
Garbage Man

Post the reason(s) why....

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 am 
Garbage Man

rbochan wrote:
I don't hate my job. I just hate my boss.

I love my boss but hate my job, lol. Gotta love opposite day...

Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 am 
Franchise Defenseman

the company is run by an idiot and most importantly, i dont get paid enough for what i do.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

least you guys have jobs... fucking michigan economy.

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:44 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I don't understand having hatred for a job. I dislike my job at times, but it's a job. Work is involved. It's always been so weird to me when coworkers complain that our boss told them to do something. Um... Yeah? And? That's what you're being paid for... I'd expect the sixteen-year-olds to complain and have bad attitudes in general, but not you guys (most of my coworkers are 45+). Of course, now it's obvious to me that the majority of people have a warped view of what maturity is.

I dislike my job quite a bit most days, mainly because they don't have enough people there and every time I'm home I end up working 10-12 days in a row without a day off, half of them 12-hour shifts. I've had it for two years, working when I'm at home. It's a necessity, and I've taken the attitude that no job is undignified or beneath anyone. Hard work is honorable. Unfortunately I don't think many actually have that viewpoint because when push comes to shove, they will turn down jobs that they think are beneath them. I've seen this many times amongst people I know that are college students who should be grateful for any opportunity they have to work. It's like when someone claims to care about something but doesn't do anything to show it; "Oh, I feel terrible about [insert people group/tragedy here]" but I don't see you out there helping at all even though I know you well enough to know you have the time to do so, so be quiet because love and compassion are proven through actions, and you have none. People will say they believe things in an abstract sense because it's socially acceptable to say, but they really don't.

There is also a lot of complaining about being under-appreciated, but you know what, my job is one that pretty much involves pure manual labor. Those are all thankless jobs, for the most part, because they don't involve any skill whatsoever and don't require knowledge. It doesn't bother me to not be lauded for what I do, because it doesn't require anything above what is average amongst the lowest.

I don't know. It annoys me when people complain about the things they have to do at work. If you don't feel like going to work or if a coworker or boss has basically the opposite personality that you do, fine, complain away, but don't say a thing about the things you do once you're there. Hopefully no one does that in this thread. :lol:

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:12 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Being 25 and babysitting people twice as old as I am, for far too little money and far too long of a shift.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Nasty, ignorant customers. It annoys me that some of my managers expect me to kiss the customer's ass, even if they're extremely rude and just plain assholes. I'm extremely patient and cordial, but I'm also a person and I don't give a shit if you're a "paying customer", it doesn't mean you can be a complete asshole to me and then not expect me to dish it back out.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I rotate between loving and hating my job, both conditions caused by the same thing: having to deal with teenagers daily. Currently I'm leaning towards the hating my job side because i am so sick of dealing with certain kids and telling them the same things over and over.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:40 pm 
Mrs. Miller

I do have to say that I don't necessarily "hate" my job...I'm just sick of it. It's a minimum-wage, part-time job because I'm going to school full-time...so it is what it is. I have to say that I love my co-workers though. I get along with all of them and they make working there a lot more easier. My managers for the most part treat me well too and are very flexible with my schedule and such.

My one manager knows how much I like the Sabres and she told me whenever they come in, it's okay for me to give them free movie tickets (but shhh, don't tell anyone because she could get in a lot of trouble for that :lol:). So it's fun for me when they do come in and they are always appreciative and very nice when I give them free tickets.

But I'm working the Buffalo Auto Show this weekend! There's this new kids movie out about a hockey player called the Tooth Fairy, and we're going to be giving out promotions to the movie and having people donate money to Patrick Kaleta's foundation. I'm looking forward to it because I've never been to the Auto Show before and mostly because it's just something different...and I won't have to worry about customers threatening me and insulting me. ;)

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 pm 
Cup Winner

I work in Fast Food, do I need to go on?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:13 pm 
Superstar Goalie

My job is pretty sweet.

While here, I get to surf the interwebs for Sabres/general hockey news, weird news, shoot the breeze with ya'll and get my fix of daily ebay searching. All with my buffalo and sid the sloth wearing a Sabres/Vanek jersey sit on top of my computer.

When not doing any of the above, I'm crunching numbers and trying to explain to people that when I catch them doing shit they're not supposed to be doing, it's not that I have nothing else better to do. It's because that is part of my job. It's an endless cycle which has almost resulted in me getting written up for "picking" on them. Bottom line is, they're angry because I observed them doing things on their computers which violates the company policy and code of conduct but yet, I'm the bad guy.

It is that part of my job, I hate.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:19 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

AudSabres wrote:
Bottom line is, they're angry because I observed them doing things on their computers which violates the company policy and code of conduct but yet, I'm the bad guy.

things like ebay and hockey message boards?

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
AudSabres wrote:
Bottom line is, they're angry because I observed them doing things on their computers which violates the company policy and code of conduct but yet, I'm the bad guy.

EXACTLY!!!! :lol:

Thing is, I get my shit done Stu. ;)

These are people which while they're here (which is hardly ever for most) need to meet specific service levels. I don't have a problem with people doing other things outside of work related topics if they can multitask and get their work done. I mean shit; I'm on here a good portion of the day outside of processing reports and tending to other work related things. But I get my shit in one sock.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:43 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

AudSabres wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

These are people which while they're here (which is hardly ever for most) need to meet specific service levels. I don't have a problem with people doing other things outside of work related topics if they can multitask and get their work done. I mean shit; I'm on here a good portion of the day outside of processing reports and tending to other work related things. But I get my shit in one sock.

I'm typing this at work right now, so I'm not saying that to judge you, just to point out the hypocrisy and bust your balls a little. ;)

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:45 pm 
Captain Dynasty

people who dont understand that i cant give them free tickets. or why i cant move people from previously sold seats because YOU want them. people who come in the day of the event and cant figure out why they cant get first row tickets. people who want discounts. old people who want children discounts, so they claim "im a child!" havnt heard that one in 5 minutes!

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
AudSabres wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

I'm typing this at work right now, so I'm not saying that to judge you, just to point out the hypocrisy and bust your balls a little. ;)

Duly noted my friend. All in good fun. :D

MedicMaiden
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:11 pm 
First Rounder

well, for the most part I love my job. Sometimes I bitch and complain about some of the the immature and messy coworkers that I sometimes have to clean up after..... but I think ever profession has some of those!

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 am 
Superstar Goalie

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
people who dont understand that i cant give them free tickets. or why i cant move people from previously sold seats because YOU want them. people who come in the day of the event and cant figure out why they cant get first row tickets. people who want discounts. old people who want children discounts, so they claim "im a child!" havnt heard that one in 5 minutes!

In France, you get children's tickets till you're 25. :D

So much more inexpensive.

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

MsRussellBeebe
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 am 
Two-Way Center

I can't really say I hate my job, but like most of the people who've responded in this thread, I work a crappy shift and get yelled at by people who are in the position they are in because of their own actions.

Listen, asshole who's yelling at me, or giving me attitude like I am beneath you and you think you have the right to treat me like shit, I am here to HELP get you out of the fucking mess you got yourself into. You ignored the four notices over a six-month period we sent you to resolve your issue.....which you ignored. So now it's MY fault that legal action is being initiated against you? Uh, yeah....not so much.

And it is NOT ok to buy a house when you have a legal obligation to resolve your issues with the entity that I am employed by, and then tell me to go fuck myself (or insert whatever expletive you choose) when I tell you that you have to apply for a HELOC, or a bank loan, or dip into your retirement/sell stocks, whatever. And, no, your kid's private school, or dance lessons, gymnastics/golf lessons, etc...the list goes on....are NOT allowable expenses that are considered to meet basic needs of health, welfare and production of income.

It is NOT an excuse for you not to meet a legal obligation from 6 years ago that you ignored because you "were in a coma from 3/2009-8/2009". Are you clairvoyant? Did you know that you'd be in a coma six years ago?? WTF, people--get your heads out of your asses. If I had a nickel for every hard luck story I listen to day after day after day....I'd be fucking rich and wouldn't have to listen to assholes who circumvent the system to shirk their legal obligations.

And, NO, you can't have a fourth, fifth, sixth or (insert higher number of your choice here) extension because of your "hardship". YOU do not determine the criteria for a true hardship; WE do. Guess what? You don't meet that criteria. Now, I am not telling you how to spend your money, but you need to make THIS obligation your priority or risk action that will create a bigger problem for you.....your choice.

This is not customer service, so I do not have to listen to you berate me, swear at me, or otherwise cause me misery in any shape, form or fashion.....I can (and have done so on many occasions) hang up on you once I've warned you that I do not have to tolerate your verbal abuse/threats. This is the thing that I LOVE about my job!

Oh, and we always have some kind of food thing happening there. We also do a lot of community service as a whole, which is kind of cool.

I love paid leave and the fact my boss does not micro-manage me, and I have some really helpful, extremely knowledgeable co-workers. All in all, my job does not suck. Just the callers do......:lol:

"You can't polish a turd."

sabresEH
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm 
Garbage Man

I love my job. I hate when customers come in with five minutes left with multiple pairs of skates to sharpen.

Eh