It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Wozniak wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I want a job where I can do nothing and make millions, any ideas?

if you find one, let me know.

Politics, BP CEO, I'm sure there's more but IDK at the minute.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 pm 
PP Quarterback

If you think all of those jobs require no effort you haven't a clue as to how politics and business works.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I know, but doesn't it at least seem like they don't do shit? I'm not saying I am right, but for gods sake they make it seem so easy.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

FortyThreeXX
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 am 
Rink Rat

Ryan911T wrote:
FortyThreeXX wrote:
i hate my job because the only other person i work with is my boss and he is constantly out trying to cheat on his wife during the day so i get stuck trying to fix all of the vehicles and run the office as well.

Are you a mechanic?

yes, unfortunately

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:05 am 
resident car guy

FortyThreeXX wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:
FortyThreeXX wrote:
i hate my job because the only other person i work with is my boss and he is constantly out trying to cheat on his wife during the day so i get stuck trying to fix all of the vehicles and run the office as well.

Are you a mechanic?

yes, unfortunately

What are/is the easiest make and/or model to work on in your opinion? I've had a few tell me Honda and Toyota, while I've also heard that some GM models are just so simple.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

FortyThreeXX
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 pm 
Rink Rat

i would say Honda and Toyota are probably the easiest, more so Honda in my opinion. A lot of GM models are pretty easy too because they all get the same problems. On the difficult end of the spectrum, pretty much anything newer and european. I love the cars but they are tricky.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 am 
Superstar Goalie

What about nismo?

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:33 pm 
Star Sniper

XPF is tired of being shit on...

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

puckovertheglass
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:03 pm 
Late-Round Gem

I hate some of the customers I have to deal with, I love my co-workers.

"It’s not so different from any other given night, people from all social stratums unite during a game. No matter if they are bankers or construction workers, they are all one in their suffering. Just like they are one in their exultation when we score tonight. There is no place like a rink or a stadium to break down social barriers."- Thomas Vanek, Das Spiel Meines Lebens (The Game of my Life)

fly as hale
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:08 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Wow...looking back at my old posts in this thread makes me glad that I don't work at the movie theatre anymore. :lol:

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 pm 
Power Forward

backthatSASSup wrote:
Gamestop is fun, but I do not enjoy asking people if they want to purchase a year of Game Informer, I don't like asking people if they need to preorder stuff, and I do not like asking people if they want one-year warranties on their disks all in one transaction.

I really like picking and choosing depending on what I feel the customer will respond to. If I ask someone if they have an Edge Card and they tell me no and don't seem interested in finding out how to obtain one I'm not going to bother. Asking people for three different add-ons is slightly ridiculous and annoying.

I agree. I work for Best Buy and I think you can imagine how many times we have to go over stuff. Sometimes, yea it's to make the company money but then when a customer who just wanted to grab a laptop and go comes back and complains there are no "Windows 7" programs (they mean office) on their computers, we quickly explain that we tried to tell them.

Almost every customer is looking for that 200-300 dollar computer that runs autocad.

Can't tell you how many bad conversations i've had at this store.

"How many square feet is this store in comparison to the Erie store?" did he really just ask me that?

"I need help there is no one!" "Well i'm with a few customers and have a lineup of a couple more, but my associate is opening up in just a minute or so" (60 seconds later) "RAWR HE TOLD ME A MINUTE!!!" (proceeds to count the amount of seconds i'm with MY customer)

And of course the soccer mom on a mission. I'd have to say that women are far more rude than men when it comes to buying computers. Maybe it's because I try and level with people and women take it as a scam.

We get GRILLED if we sell a bare computer, because at the retail level they are sold at cost, and i've had hundreds of customers try to barter price with me. I have no power over that. Why is every single person unaware that commission no longer exists across the board? No, I am not going to get fired because you want 5 dollars off.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:44 pm 
Hart Winner

American citizens...

What the fuck happened?

sabretime30
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:46 pm 
Brawler

fly as hale wrote:
Nasty, ignorant customers. It annoys me that some of my managers expect me to kiss the customer's ass, even if they're extremely rude and just plain assholes. I'm extremely patient and cordial, but I'm also a person and I don't give a shit if you're a "paying customer", it doesn't mean you can be a complete asshole to me and then not expect me to dish it back out.

Amen to that! My favorite line is the "I've spent thousands of dollars at this store, I should get some kind of deal" Seriously, you're still the same PITA to me!

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:47 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I wish your corporate masters wouldn't force you guys to try and sell those bullshit optimization services and Monster Cables. I know that you're doing your job, but dealing with the sales pitches even when I lay it out early that I don't want it is annoying. It's driven me to the point where I won't shop for anything in Best Buy anymore.

sabretime30
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:54 pm 
Brawler

Markus wrote:
backthatSASSup wrote:
Gamestop is fun, but I do not enjoy asking people if they want to purchase a year of Game Informer, I don't like asking people if they need to preorder stuff, and I do not like asking people if they want one-year warranties on their disks all in one transaction.

I really like picking and choosing depending on what I feel the customer will respond to. If I ask someone if they have an Edge Card and they tell me no and don't seem interested in finding out how to obtain one I'm not going to bother. Asking people for three different add-ons is slightly ridiculous and annoying.

I agree. I work for Best Buy and I think you can imagine how many times we have to go over stuff. Sometimes, yea it's to make the company money but then when a customer who just wanted to grab a laptop and go comes back and complains there are no "Windows 7" programs (they mean office) on their computers, we quickly explain that we tried to tell them.

Almost every customer is looking for that 200-300 dollar computer that runs autocad.

Can't tell you how many bad conversations i've had at this store.

"How many square feet is this store in comparison to the Erie store?" did he really just ask me that?

"I need help there is no one!" "Well i'm with a few customers and have a lineup of a couple more, but my associate is opening up in just a minute or so" (60 seconds later) "RAWR HE TOLD ME A MINUTE!!!" (proceeds to count the amount of seconds i'm with MY customer)

And of course the soccer mom on a mission. I'd have to say that women are far more rude than men when it comes to buying computers. Maybe it's because I try and level with people and women take it as a scam.

We get GRILLED if we sell a bare computer, because at the retail level they are sold at cost, and i've had hundreds of customers try to barter price with me. I have no power over that. Why is every single person unaware that commission no longer exists across the board? No, I am not going to get fired because you want 5 dollars off.

Fellow BestBuy employee right over here :lol: I totally died when you mentioned the $349 compaq laptop that will most definitely run autocad according to every customer. Then there's the "you told me you'd help me out sir" "Yes well if you can see, I'm still with my customer!"

Sometimes I wish i could tell people off, and with Xmas hours now I'm working until midnight tonight. Hellz yea :cry:

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I raise a beer to all you guys working in retail, especially right now.

sabretime30
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:58 pm 
Brawler

Squanto wrote:
I raise a beer to all you guys working in retail, especially right now.

I've had a few beers due to working in retail, especially right now :lol:

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 pm 
PP Quarterback

Starting at GameStop again Saturday. Noooooooooooooooooooooo :(

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Turned down for the position I interviewed for a few weeks ago. Kind of surprised, what they would have been asking me to do was the kind of stuff I have the most experience doing, and enjoy doing the most.

I suspect they might have wanted to hire an entry level to pay them less, and/or someone more local so they didn't have to pay them to move either.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:33 am 
resident car guy

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Turned down for the position I interviewed for a few weeks ago. Kind of surprised, what they would have been asking me to do was the kind of stuff I have the most experience doing, and enjoy doing the most.

I suspect they might have wanted to hire an entry level to pay them less, and/or someone more local so they didn't have to pay them to move either.

Ah that sucks. I'll buy your book soon and put a couple bucks in your pocket.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next