It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
fan4life61
 Post subject: Re: NHL 11
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:20 am 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I mean the more points your score the more experience points you should earn.

You don't become a legend in two seasons, but you can become a great player in two seasons, and be rated much better.

If you lead the league in scoring you should easily be able to upgrade your character 100 stat points or 50, or even 20 per trophy you win.

I know it's easy to score and cheat it, but it still wouldn't take as long to level your player up.

I'm a quarter through my second season and my player is only rated an 80 overall. That is 5 total points a year, so he won't be over a 90 player until his 5th or so season.

So why is Crosby and Ovechkin rated so high in their 5th years, also why can't you do drills to level your player up? Do passing drills to earn passing experience points.

I don't know, I still wish it was quicker, but the Legend cards and stuff are earned by playing the game and actually scoring. Those shouldn't be changed, but the leveling up system could easily be changed.

this is what i was getting at, just worded it wrong lol

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:21 am 
Garbage Man

ooodjaceooo wrote:
this game needs a ton of work, sorry board play is dumb, glitch goals are retarded, and it takes FOREVER to get your legend card, if anyone here plays online my PSN is the same as my name here. ooodjaceooo

How is board play dumb? Its an actual skill used in hockey which makes NHL 10 more like real hockey. I just dont understand how making this game more like real hockey is dumb.

Eh

fan4life61
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:56 am 
PP Quarterback

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/ ... tXOt6Hw%22

Quote:
EA Sports plans to include Canadian Hockey League teams, including the Bathurst Titans, Saint John Sea Dogs and Moncton Wildcats, in a popular NHL video game.

Inclusion in the NHL 11 video hockey game hasn't been made official yet, but all Quebec Major Junior Hockey League teams have been asked to send in pictures of their rinks and jerseys.

"It's cool that EA takes some initiative and really listened to ther fans," said Sandy Lindsay, who manages Gamezilla on Saint John's west side. "They seem to have listened to their fans."

Fans will appreciate being able to play as their favourite Quebec Major Junior Hockey League player, said Lindsay.

'People are going to recognize the Sea Dogs logo in Dusseldorf and so it's kind of cool … '—Sea Dogs marketing director Rick Bowness Jr.
"They see them, they get an autograph from them. They want to be like them. And now they can play with them," he said.

The global exposure of a popular video game helps the team, and the league, said Rick Bowness Jr., marketing and communications director of the Saint John Sea Dogs.

"We have players from overseas," he said. "So do all the other teams in the CHL also, so they're really kind of enforcing the notion of the global village within the hockey community, which is obviously beneficial from our standpoint.

"People are going to recognize the Sea Dogs logo in Dusseldorf and so it's kind of cool and we look forward to playing it next year," he said.

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 am 
resident car guy

I always loved playing with HV 71 in the Elitserien league. It was so neat how the arena announcer would yell "Johan!" and the crowd would yell back "Davidsson!" every time he scored.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

patkane88
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:04 am 
Captain Clutch

fan4life61 wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/05/03/nb-video-game-qmjhl-nhl.html#ixzz0mtXOt6Hw%22

Quote:
EA Sports plans to include Canadian Hockey League teams, including the Bathurst Titans, Saint John Sea Dogs and Moncton Wildcats, in a popular NHL video game.

Inclusion in the NHL 11 video hockey game hasn't been made official yet, but all Quebec Major Junior Hockey League teams have been asked to send in pictures of their rinks and jerseys.

"It's cool that EA takes some initiative and really listened to ther fans," said Sandy Lindsay, who manages Gamezilla on Saint John's west side. "They seem to have listened to their fans."

Fans will appreciate being able to play as their favourite Quebec Major Junior Hockey League player, said Lindsay.

'People are going to recognize the Sea Dogs logo in Dusseldorf and so it's kind of cool … '—Sea Dogs marketing director Rick Bowness Jr.
"They see them, they get an autograph from them. They want to be like them. And now they can play with them," he said.

The global exposure of a popular video game helps the team, and the league, said Rick Bowness Jr., marketing and communications director of the Saint John Sea Dogs.

"We have players from overseas," he said. "So do all the other teams in the CHL also, so they're really kind of enforcing the notion of the global village within the hockey community, which is obviously beneficial from our standpoint.

"People are going to recognize the Sea Dogs logo in Dusseldorf and so it's kind of cool and we look forward to playing it next year," he said.

As a season ticket holder of the Knights I hope this happens :pray:

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 am 
Hart Winner

I hate how the computer goalie is so awesome. It's stupid. Plus, the D is too good, as the chances of facing the computer and getting a break away is 1-10 or 1-15... You can't get good scoring chances unless you dangle your nuts off or you get shots from the point. One timers RARELY work.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:25 am 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
I hate how the computer goalie is so awesome. It's stupid. Plus, the D is too good, as the chances of facing the computer and getting a break away is 1-10 or 1-15... You can't get good scoring chances unless you dangle your nuts off or you get shots from the point. One timers RARELY work.

:lol: I will take nearly 40 shots in the regular 5 minute period game and only score 2-3, then I will explode and score 7 or more on less then 20... :lol:

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 am 
PP Quarterback

one thing that i realllly hope they fix is the shot totals and difficulties. i play on superstar, and the score of an average game will prob be 4-3, 4-2 me, but the shots will be 43-7, 50-9. on the higher difficulties, the oppenent doesnt get better, they just get more accurate, and it bugs the hell out of me

-R.J. and Lorenz

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 am 
Hart Winner

fan4life61 wrote:
one thing that i realllly hope they fix is the shot totals and difficulties. i play on superstar, and the score of an average game will prob be 4-3, 4-2 me, but the shots will be 43-7, 50-9. on the higher difficulties, the oppenent doesnt get better, they just get more accurate, and it bugs the hell out of me

I think the computer most of the time likes to even the score a little bit when you score.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:42 pm 
Cup Winner

It's ridiculous on Hardcore Superstar. I mean playing real hockey isn't even as difficult as playing that game on that mode.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm 
PP Quarterback

here's the first screenshot from nhl11

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 ... nts&ref=mf

-R.J. and Lorenz

fan4life61
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 pm 
PP Quarterback

good:

broken stick, move diversity in crowd clothing and claimed real time physics engine

bad:

zombie benchs, graphically identical to 10

-R.J. and Lorenz

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Looks GREAT. The jerseys look funky but just a bit. However, the attention to detail of the ads along the boards and the club/suite level and crowd in general is very impressive. Plus, I think this new physics engine is going to kick ass.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:29 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i wish they would make up fake companies for ads for them, like they did in the old triple play games.

patkane88
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:41 am 
Captain Clutch

fan4life61 wrote:
good:

broken stick, move diversity in crowd clothing and claimed real time physics engine

bad:

How could you forget about CHL, shame on you. :snooty:

;) :D

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:42 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

patkane88 wrote:
fan4life61 wrote:
good:

bad:

He probably didn't know about it. Hell, the Globe and Mail just covered it today ;)

fan4life61
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:52 am 
PP Quarterback

mechaphil wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
fan4life61 wrote:
good:

bad:

He probably didn't know about it. Hell, the Globe and Mail just covered it today ;)

how dare you think i not know! look a few posts up! i broke that news weeks ago, those goods and bads were for the screenie only lol

-R.J. and Lorenz

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:54 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Well, to be honest Aaron, that was only the plan. The deal was finalized today ;)

Still, you definitely scooped us all.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:05 am 
PP Quarterback

mechaphil wrote:
Well, to be honest Aaron, that was only the plan. The deal was finalized today ;)

Still, you definitely scooped us all.

:D im just glad i was right hahaha

-R.J. and Lorenz

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:07 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

One story said that there was a minor gasp around the media room when it was nonchalantly announced during a Memorial Cup media scrum haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next