It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Markus
 Post subject: Re: NHL 11
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:29 pm 
Power Forward

I guess I just compare it to other attempts at sports games. Madden is almost unplayable. You don't control many aspects of your team or the play. A lot of plays are just luck and hit detection needs a ton of work. Feels like i'm watching a movie. The same passing plays that work will almost work 100% of the time.

MLB 2k11 has soooo many glitches and horrid graphics and presentation. It also freezes all the time. Could be the best game in the world, but if a game freezes, it's nothing.

Nba 2k11 is pretty good but also has a distinct freezing problem.

Fifa is pretty good. Very good attempt except for replay value. The offseason isn't very fun and winning = almost nothing.

It just seems to me like the cream of the crop. There are a few quirks here and there, but what other franchise has as much control over the game as NHL? The sticks seem like a true innovation in sports control. The same moves I use in real hockey I use in the game.

ALWAYS will buy NHL day 1 the game comes out. I cannot say that for any other sports franchise.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:34 pm 
Cup Winner

Markus wrote:
I guess I just compare it to other attempts at sports games. Madden is almost unplayable. You don't control many aspects of your team or the play. A lot of plays are just luck and hit detection needs a ton of work. Feels like i'm watching a movie. The same passing plays that work will almost work 100% of the time.

MLB 2k11 has soooo many glitches and horrid graphics and presentation. It also freezes all the time. Could be the best game in the world, but if a game freezes, it's nothing.

Fifa is pretty good. Very good attempt except for replay value. The offseason isn't very fun and winning = almost nothing.

It just seems to me like the cream of the crop. There are a few quirks here and there, but what other franchise has as much control over the game as NHL? The sticks seem like a true innovation in sports control. The same moves I use in real hockey I use in the game.

ALWAYS will buy NHL day 1 the game comes out. I cannot say that for any other sports franchise.
So that means you sit on the bench and control a guy with two analog sticks with 8 buttons then?

My biggest gripe with the NHL franchise is the stick on the ice. Make it solid and the game will improve tenfold, no more cheap screened goals because the stick went through a guys legs and the puck scored.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Markus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:37 pm 
Power Forward

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Markus wrote:

So that means you sit on the bench and control a guy with two analog sticks with 8 buttons then?

My biggest gripe with the NHL franchise is the stick on the ice. Make it solid and the game will improve tenfold, no more cheap screened goals because the stick went through a guys legs and the puck scored.

Basically. No I just mean the intent to get back on defense and use size to win over the puck. This is one of the first NHL games that allows you to post up on a defender and move the puck towards the goal.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:14 pm 
Hart Winner

The fighting in the game is stupid. They shouldn't have the whole closeup thing and have every person on the ice disappear, they should just have you start throwing punches in the original visual setting. It would be so much better, and make way for brawls/multiple fights. It would also be cool to have the refs break it up, maybe have a setting where you grab the other guy and if maybe 6 seconds go by and you're still in a little lock up the ref breaks it up, and if a certain amount of punches landed would trigger a little take down by the winner (the guy with the most punches). AI fighting is also something of interest. Online play would be sick. But of course there would be brawls every 5 seconds, but the AI could fill in like it usually does in online modes.

Markus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:51 pm 
Power Forward

BlueandYellow wrote:
The fighting in the game is stupid. They shouldn't have the whole closeup thing and have every person on the ice disappear, they should just have you start throwing punches in the original visual setting. It would be so much better, and make way for brawls/multiple fights. It would also be cool to have the refs break it up, maybe have a setting where you grab the other guy and if maybe 6 seconds go by and you're still in a little lock up the ref breaks it up, and if a certain amount of punches landed would trigger a little take down by the winner (the guy with the most punches). AI fighting is also something of interest. Online play would be sick. But of course there would be brawls every 5 seconds, but the AI could fill in like it usually does in online modes.

Yea I agree. Brawls are a huge part of the game and scrums should be implemented. I don't know how much the game will stay at an E rating with a massive amount of group fighting, and that may be bad for business for EA.

Sadly, the fighting system, even though it's bad, is a million times better than how it was in 08 and before. It used to be one punch KO's, lol.

Fights should mean more too. I know they increase a good amount of stamina if you win, but there should be more emotion implemented somehow.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:08 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i like fighting, but my game seems to freeze after a fight. so i dont do it.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:27 pm 
Hart Winner

Markus wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Yea I agree. Brawls are a huge part of the game and scrums should be implemented. I don't know how much the game will stay at an E rating with a massive amount of group fighting, and that may be bad for business for EA.

Sadly, the fighting system, even though it's bad, is a million times better than how it was in 08 and before. It used to be one punch KO's, lol.

Fights should mean more too. I know they increase a good amount of stamina if you win, but there should be more emotion implemented somehow.

Lol the closeup on two guys that start decking each other, and the loser going down like he just got shot in slow motion is just as bad as a camera capturing a few scrums. I just hate that when you fight, everything on the ice except for the nets disappear. It would be cool if you can have a fight near other players.

burner087
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 pm 
Brawler

I love NHL 11. Great game. I've bought ever years version of the game since the old NHL/PA 93 or earlier version of the game for the Sega Genesis. Great series.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:26 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Agreed about everything you guys are saying. Sometimes the game is just ridiculously unrealistic. Ryan Miller has a .700 sv % and a 3.8 GAA, but I can't beat Scott freaking Clemmensson?? WUT?? And the trading! It's just insane. I can offer the other team a fantastic deal that would be accepted in a heartbeat in real life, but the other team rejects it because they aren't in the market for a winger, or something dumb like that. Then I offer up a semi ridiculous package for Ryan Getzlaf, like Dustin Byfuglien and Chris Higgins or something like that, and the Ducks accept it immediately. What is that? Then I flip Getlzaf for Markov and someone else, which makes my defense Myers, Chara, Markov, Liles, Kronwall, and Gill, and I still give up like 3 or 4 goals a game routinely.

Markus
 Post subject: NHL 11
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:52 pm 
Power Forward

Timbo Slice wrote:
Agreed about everything you guys are saying. Sometimes the game is just ridiculously unrealistic. Ryan Miller has a .700 sv % and a 3.8 GAA, but I can't beat Scott freaking Clemmensson?? WUT?? And the trading! It's just insane. I can offer the other team a fantastic deal that would be accepted in a heartbeat in real life, but the other team rejects it because they aren't in the market for a winger, or something dumb like that. Then I offer up a semi ridiculous package for Ryan Getzlaf, like Dustin Byfuglien and Chris Higgins or something like that, and the Ducks accept it immediately. What is that? Then I flip Getlzaf for Markov and someone else, which makes my defense Myers, Chara, Markov, Liles, Kronwall, and Gill, and I still give up like 3 or 4 goals a game routinely.

What difficulty are you playing on? I don't know if it's fact or not, but ive played on all of the difficulties and it seems as you go up your goalie and team AI gets better.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:26 pm 
Hart Winner

The trading IS awful. I can look at another team's needs, and offer a nice deal. It would say they need a defensemen and then when I offer them a stay at home D, since their surplus is athleticism, all of the sudden they'll say "We don't want a defensemen". Fuck that.

Markus
 Post subject: NHL 11
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:26 pm 
Power Forward

Yea some of the trading is very difficult. The game for whatever reason considers being old as 27 or 28. Young prospects with potential are the number one over proven good players.

A Taylor hall or Kadri or Schenn have so much trading value and good players like Joe Thorton or Jarome Iginla are not very hard to get at all.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:47 am 
PP Quarterback

So, something just happened that made my day. I'm in year... I'd guess 2 or 3 of my Be a GM, and the Sabres team I had is all screwed up, so forgive me if I have some random guys on the team, but you'll laugh at this one.

First of all, I played Toronto in the home opener, and beat them 12-2. It was epic, and I loved it. So, after the game, I checked the stat line of all my players.

Every single player on my team had either an even +/- or greater and had at least one point.

Except for one...

Tim Connolly had no goals, no assists, no points, and was a -1. I could not control any of my laughter over this one. Even bums like Matt Ellis had a point. Pat Kaleta had a point. Vernon Fiddler had a point. Tim Connolly failed to make the score sheet. What an epic fail when even the video game knows you just don't try.

@TJLuckman550

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:24 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
So, something just happened that made my day. I'm in year... I'd guess 2 or 3 of my Be a GM, and the Sabres team I had is all screwed up, so forgive me if I have some random guys on the team, but you'll laugh at this one.

First of all, I played Toronto in the home opener, and beat them 12-2. It was epic, and I loved it. So, after the game, I checked the stat line of all my players.

Every single player on my team had either an even +/- or greater and had at least one point.

Except for one...

Tim Connolly had no goals, no assists, no points, and was a -1. I could not control any of my laughter over this one. Even bums like Matt Ellis had a point. Pat Kaleta had a point. Vernon Fiddler had a point. Tim Connolly failed to make the score sheet. What an epic fail when even the video game knows you just don't try.

That is awesome :lol: :lol:

Rud
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:52 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Has anyone else been playing Hockey Ultimate Team? I really enjoyed it for a while until I half my roster was NHL players but I couldn't get a single goalie with an overall higher than 67. It's really killing me. Played against Phoenix in one of the tournaments. My goalie gave up five goals on nine shots, at one point having stat lines of 3 SOG, 3 GAA and 5 SOG, 4 GA. I don't know how but I rallied and managed to win that game but I can't keep playing like this. I can't win unless I give up less than ten shots and my goalie's SV% is something like .855 with a GAA of 1.35.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:30 pm 
Cup Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

Except for one...

That's funny.

I played two games in NHL 10, since I don't own NHL 11, my first game Connolly had all five of my goals, and the second game he had 2 goals. If only he was that good.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

futureerdr
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:33 pm 
Rink Rat

Would you guys recommend the PS3 version of NHL11 over the 360 version, or vice versa? I have both, so I'm trying to decide which console I should buy it for.

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:51 pm 
7th Defenseman

PS3 and wait for NHL 12

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:51 am 
Cup Winner

PS3

Rud wrote:

Rud
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:22 am 
Superstar Goalie

futureerdr wrote:
Would you guys recommend the PS3 version of NHL11 over the 360 version, or vice versa? I have both, so I'm trying to decide which console I should buy it for.

Have you played the NHL games on both consoles? I'd base it on which controller setup you prefer, honestly. Personally, I like having both sticks used in the game further part on the controller than having them right next to one another.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next