It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Skyline_BNR34
 Post subject: Bad Company 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:22 am 
Cup Winner

So anyone have it?

I got it a few days ago and went online tonight with it, had loads of fun playing with a buddy on the capture the flag mode, I'll have to try out the other game modes soon.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabretoothpick
 Post subject: Re: Bad Company 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 am 
PP Quarterback

I have it!

Edit: I looked up your stats. You did pretty good for the first time with no decent weapons. I had a hard time learning it, but I'm getting better.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:26 am 
Cup Winner

Yea, I am real close to being over a 1:1 on the K/D ratio now.

Was playing some Squad TDM and the Squad I was one basically won everytime we played.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:45 am 
PP Quarterback

It proves that the gameplay is pretty similar to COD (you played COD, right?) . All the COD players I know did pretty well from the beginning, except some of them are still pissing me of because they refuse to play the objective and just camp somewhere in order to protect their k/d ratio. That ruins the game sometimes....Most of the time in public rooms there is one good team against one bad team.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:04 am 
Cup Winner

Yea, I have COD, it's similar, but obviously way different. In the objective game modes you need players running and capturing things, which is the same as it was in COD on Domination.

Basically if you had two or three people always moving and always running towards objectives you'd win easily and have a few others protect stuff.

BC2 is a bit more tactically but has the same principles in the game. The maps being a lot bigger also makes it a bit different in a way. I mean you can still run around like a headless chicken and do fine in BC2.

I don't know, it is too hard to compare the games as BC2 wants you to have more team work and without killstreaks and such, which is very nice, you don't get pinned down too often and getting just raped.

All FPS aggravate me to an extent, I hate how slow the spawn system is in BC2, but it's something you need to live with.

I've played Squad TDM and Conquest, I need to try out Rush soon and see how that is. I also want to fly a helicopter.

Posted my stats, well I have it in my signature. I wish MW2 or something had one of those sites to do them also.

Rud wrote:

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:14 am 
PP Quarterback

I never played COD but I do really like the objective modes on BC2, with the right tactic and good teamwork you can always dominate a bunch of good individuals. I'm always going for the objective because I hate sitting back and waiting for an occassional kill. That's why these stats whoring campers and snipers really piss me off, although it's just another way to play the game and I can do nothing about it. I had several games where I was on the attacking team in rush mode and 3/4 of my team were snipers. They get a nice K/D ratio but the team has no chance of winning the map. That wasn't the case in BC1, I don't really know why camping increased in BC2, maybe overpowered weapons, maps that encourage camping or different people are playing it.
In the beginning my K/D was < 0.5, I really sucked and was pretty much a free kill :)

My problems with the game:
- Some weapons are unbalanced: The M60 is really overpowered, you can shoot over a very far distance and it only takes 2-3 bullets for a kill. Sniper class is overpowered, it's ridicolous that they can take out tanks with their C4.
- Lag: Sometimes the lag is awful, especially when I'm playing wiht North Americans

I avoid the chopper unless I'm the gunner because I'm a really sucky pilot and I get shot down instantly. That's the reason I don't like Atacama Desert. If the opposing team has good pilots you can't do anything. Look for [Raw]_Invincible, best pilot I've ever seen, had me down in seconds.

Yeah, that stat site is really cool and great to look up some other players and what they are doing (which class/weapons they are using etc.)

EDIT: PS: I'm in a BC clan (mixed clan with people from USA, Canada, Austria, Switzerland and Denmark), I'm kind of the grandpa there :D . You seem to be really good soon, so if you want to join someday, just let me know. Clan wars are really fun, way more exciting than public matches in my opinion. All you need is a mic (it's all about communication ;) )

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 am 
PP Quarterback

I think I posted them already somewhere. Some comics from BFBC2

Markus
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:44 am 
Power Forward

I'm still thinking about picking this one up. Battlefield always has something addicting about it. I could have played 1942 for hours on end at a time.

Might be worth a purchase.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm 
PP Quarterback

I have not played 1942, only BC1which I really liked. BC2 is quite different, but it's still a fun game to play online. I've not even touched the single player yet.

..and to prove my point from a previous post:
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/
M60 is overpowered, that's why people are using it so much, and the recon class gets used way to much for an objective based game.

Sidenote: I have not figured out how you can kill someone with a smoke grenade :lol:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:26 pm 
Cup Winner

I think you need a direct impact to kill them, you could kill people without detonation in COD4 and MW2 with a direct impact.

Also my one buddy me and him are making a clan up, no idea what our name will be yet as I left it up to him to decide.

Rud wrote: