It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: NHL 13
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:07 pm 
Captain Dynasty

nhl 13 is being worked on, and apparently, the game will have new announcers. thorne and clements contract has apparently expired. its been speculated that, are you ready for this? pierre macguire has been working with EAS to provide some commentating. dunno how true that is, but thats the word on the street.

anyone have any suggestions? i have a few.

more goalie saves.
less robotic goalies.
different goalie stances.
playoff beards
better passing
better passing
BETTER PASSING
better outside the game presentation (NBA live 98 used to update the standings in the post game, with the announcers saying, "the win puts orlando in the 4th spot in the east, while that loss drops vancouver to 12th"
better passing
NCAA prospects

BlueandYellow
 Post subject: Re: NHL 13
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:38 pm 
Hart Winner

Make the hits look more real
Don't make fights with cutscenes. Make fights able to erupt in scrums with all of the players there to watch. This could make brawls possible, too.
FIX ALL GLITCH SHOTS
Make goalies more realistic (I.E with the saves and being hit)

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 pm 
Captain Dynasty

oh yeah, so many glitch goals. ive crushed so many guys in the corner, but my D falls down, they stay up, cut in front, and score. the goalie wont leave the post, or theyll flip back to their back hand THEN the goalie moves. goal every time.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 pm 
Cup Winner

Fully agree, they need to fix NHL on the playstation system, it's so laggy and buggy you can hardly even make it through a game without it freezing.

But I no longer will buy it for the PS3 and only will buy it for the Xbox from now on since it just works.

They need better AI, I don't know how many times the puck is about to go around the back of the net and my D guy stops on the side of the net when he could have reached the puck and prevented the other team to get it. The goalies on the other end need toned down, and your goalie needs a big boost. I don't like how every tiny mistake you make results in a goal against and 3 goals on ten shots is hardly acceptable and I take 50 shots and only can must 1 if not 2 goals.

Hitting can be much better too, like you said Mike, countless times you crush someone in the corner but you fall down and they don't and get the puck. I also can't count how many times a tiny shove from behind results in my player falling down when in real life it wouldn't be anything.

I think it would be nice if you could could have a custom stick creator for the game, make the stick the length you want, different curves for different players and different flexes.

I'd also like to see better progression in BAP, you lead the league in goals and points and are an 80 rated player, you should get massive bonus points and massive amounts of skill jump. I'm sorry, but only improving 1 or 2 points a year is stupid.

Coach tasks should be every game also, who knows how many games you play and not one task comes up. You should be able to get XP based on percentage, there are times when it says don't let them setup on the PP or get good shots on the PK and the CPU never takes another PP. I'd also like the CPU to actually take more than 1 or 2 penalties a game. Countless times my team will take 10 penalties and the other team may take 1 if lucky.

I hope they fix the AI even more and make it reliable, why do I have to do everything in BAP. If I don't rush it up the ice or take a shot it gets turned over and goes the other way.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

first teaser was up today.

looks like old gameplay, and the VERY end is new gameplay thats..well, its skates stopping. but we shall see.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

the rating system is flawed too. every player is like an 80 to an 84. thats stupid. ever play NHL 2001? the player ratings were more spread out. some teams had players with rated like mid 50s! i would just like to see the ratings fixed. way too much parity.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:51 am 
Cup Winner

I don't like the ratings either, I also don't like how slow it takes to make a good player in Be A Pro. If I score 60 goals and have 100 assists, I should not be rated 2 points higher than I was the previous year. I start at a 75 and it takes years of BAP to make the player good or great.

I lead the league in goals and points, why am I not a 90 rated player the next year, I mean their XP system is very flawed, if you score a goal, you should get way more than 15 XP on offense a game, they could easily make it 25 XP a goal and it just keeps doubling if you score two or more goals a game, so you get 25 for the first goal, and extra 50 for the second, and then 100 for a third and so on.

And with D, if you're in position and block shots and even hits you should get more XP too.

To have a mid rated player you need to either play 5+ years of BAP or just sim through those years and build XP up.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:53 pm 
Cup Winner

I think from last year they said they were gonna focus on the skating part of the game in this one since they got the physics engine down and that crap.

Rud wrote:

Rud
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Demo is out for this and I think it kinda sucks. EA sports does not seem to realize that realistic and fun are not the same thing. I have no idea why they spent the entire development period for this game working on overhauling the skating engine when the passing in the NHL series has sucked for years now.

I'll probably play a few more games of this before I make my final verdict but the demo has made me think that I'll skip NHL this year and maybe buy FIFA instead. Or I should probably buy a different game and stop giving EA Sports my money.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

early review by mike.

the game looks beautiful. the presentation is amazing. really, it is.

the skating feels clumsy and cumbersome, like NHL 2004. that happens to be one of my fav NHL games. dunno why. its a challenge. and i LOVE it. you cant just crush the wingers in to the boards and call it defense. defense is REALLY hard.

and they changed the ratings. finally. one thing i dont like is trying to trade for players that arnt on the block. they wont move em.

id type more but my computer is being lame and lagging when i type.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 pm 
Hart Winner

You know what blows dick? Stopping. It takes around 7 seconds to actually start skating again. By that time, you're dead.
Trying to join GM connected's, though. Looks SICK.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:57 pm 
Hart Winner

Shots: 6 Shots: 27
Winner Loser

WTF
Lehner isn't JESUS!!!

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 am 
resident car guy

Sounds like I shouldn't be in a hurry to upgrade over my NHL 12 game.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:22 pm 
Hart Winner

Ryan911T wrote:
Sounds like I shouldn't be in a hurry to upgrade over my NHL 12 game.

You get used to NHL 13. It's different but I love it.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:46 pm 
Cup Winner

Did EA fix the issue with the NHL games actually not working on the PS3 and making them work as well as the 360 versions?

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

well, i figured out the difficulty settings. basically, the harder the setting, the faster the computers players skate, faster they accelerate, faster they turn. which is pretty shitty. you cant really play defense. im sure ill learn, but at this point, its a glaring hole.

the more i play, the more i think, ok, this isnt working.

on the other hand, its very realistic. enroths just as shitty in NHL 13 as he is in real life.

but seriously, could EA make the faceoffs any more one sided? there are times my guy doesnt even move.

and passing is once again, a HUGE negative.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 pm 
Hart Winner

The passing in this game is just awful. Nobody can accept a pass. It's just retarded.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 pm 
Captain Dynasty

so i create some offense, giguere keeps stoning me. i finally get him out of position after a shot and hes out of the net while i have the puck in front. my forward wouldnt shoot. just stood there with the puck on his stick while i kept pressing the joystick to shoot..

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm 
Hart Winner

Playing goaltender in this game is fucking awful. As soon as I encountered the new goaltender style I wanted to punch that fuck face who created this game.