It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:21 pm 
Captain Dynasty

fan4life61 wrote:
yea, gameplay is coming along, but visuals and presentation need a major overhaul as well

and the graphics are amazing, but.. they were amazing in 07. time to make a few upgrades. i think one of my complaints is an asset to many people. i dont like the sticks. i like hitting a button to shoot. its archaic, but its what i grew up doing. and playing in the broadcast view. i dont like going up and down. its easier but i like looking at the game going side to side.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:25 pm 
PP Quarterback

i agree, they were amazing, but look at the intro video from last year, they could be better. and i personally like the sticks, but you can change those settings, as well as the camera to broadcast view.

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:29 pm 
Hart Winner

My problems with the game:

THE FIGHTING SUX
The stats really are broken, especially when playing Be a Pro or EASHL
The hitting is just... ridiculous...

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:34 pm 
Captain Clutch

The fighting has always been bad but I actually don't mind the hitting now. Last year all I did was hipcheck the opposition like crazy, this year they have toned down retarded hitting.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

fan4life61 wrote:
i agree, they were amazing, but look at the intro video from last year, they could be better. and i personally like the sticks, but you can change those settings, as well as the camera to broadcast view.

i know.. but i havnt tried that yet. when i first got 07, i used to play broadcast with the sticks... that DIDNT work.

ima try nhl 11 right now. see how i like it.

edit: couldnt get the controls exactly how i wanted. you could edit the set, but you cant actually choose what buttons do what. at least that i could figure out.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:41 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
The engine changed in NHL 11 with realistic physics.

thats just the physics engine. the graphics are the same in nhl 11 as they were in nhl 07.

But the engine for games is gameplay, the graphics is separate from the gameplay engine.

Like COD series all use the same engine but the Treyarch games all look cartoony and shitty yet they still use the same engine. Same with the Medal of Honor and Battlefield games, same engines, different graphics.

You can use NHL 94 controls, I like the sticks because it gives you more control and quite frank, they are super easy to figure out, but it just may be my generation since FPS games are with two sticks and I got that down pat.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
The engine changed in NHL 11 with realistic physics.

thats just the physics engine. the graphics are the same in nhl 11 as they were in nhl 07.

But the engine for games is gameplay, the graphics is separate from the gameplay engine.

Like COD series all use the same engine but the Treyarch games all look cartoony and shitty yet they still use the same engine. Same with the Medal of Honor and Battlefield games, same engines, different graphics.

You can use NHL 94 controls, I like the sticks because it gives you more control and quite frank, they are super easy to figure out, but it just may be my generation since FPS games are with two sticks and I got that down pat.

the sticks are easier then shit to figure out. the problem i have is when i have nhl 2001 and nhl 11, and id rather play nhl 2001 because its more fun, and frankly a better game, then EAsports has some problems. right now im playing nhl 2005. because its more fun then the newer games (the NHL 2005 sucks in some ways. frickin retarded ass AI.)

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:00 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Just got my early access pass...can start playing tomorrow at 6pm est...so I should be legend by...meh Sunday at 12am when I go get full game...150 games shouldn't be too much to play in 3.5 days right?

Squanto 7/27/2010

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm 
Captain Dynasty

just pre-ordered my copy from bestbuy.com... guess it comes with a goalie boost code. so my goalie will be super awesome sweet fantastic. like me.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:50 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
just pre-ordered my copy from bestbuy.com... guess it comes with a goalie boost code. so my goalie will be super awesome sweet fantastic. like me.

Good man.

Also if you traded in any games, you could have gotten an extra 40% towards you trade-ins for preordering.

I got 39 bucks that way just for trading in NHL 10 and Black Ops.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:19 am 
PP Quarterback

got an email today confirming my copy of nhl12 has been shipped, should be here for launch date, super pumpmed

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm 
Cup Winner

2 more days!!!!!!

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:38 pm 
Captain Dynasty

fan4life61 wrote:
got an email today confirming my copy of nhl12 has been shipped, should be here for launch date, super pumpmed

mine might arrive tomorrow. im hoping, but not holding my breath.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:17 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
im hoping, but not holding my breath.

same, i'll keep you guys updated

-R.J. and Lorenz

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:58 am 
Cup Winner

I ordered a game for launch day before, and it'll arrive on the date it's suppose to.

I was going to go take a picture of the game case at work today but forgot.

Rud wrote:

burner087
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 am 
Brawler

I ordered mine months ago. Got the shipping notice yesterday. Should be here today. I look forward to playing.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:46 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

42 EASHL games played before my early release cut out on PS3, going to pick up my copy in about 2 hours, have class from 11-3pm though, so you guys may get to play a bit before I get on :lol:

Squanto 7/27/2010

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:41 pm 
Captain Dynasty

dear EASports,

i want my money back.

mike

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:45 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
dear EASports,

i want my money back.

mike

It's generally the same thing as NHL 11 with what I believe to be a slower physics engine and the same old gimmicky goals. You also seem to get sucked into the goalie whenever you're close to him, causing a penalty.

@TJLuckman550

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:55 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
dear EASports,

i want my money back.

mike

It's generally the same thing as NHL 11 with what I believe to be a slower physics engine and the same old gimmicky goals. You also seem to get sucked into the goalie whenever you're close to him, causing a penalty.

pretty much. but the AI is tougher. not in a good way though. in a much worse way.

i havnt been pleased with an NHL game from easports since about nhl 09. maybe its time to stop giving them my money to put out mediocre games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next