It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 pm 
Cup Winner

bigC24 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Or make more and more Legendary players, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

'Making' the players is stupid simple. Getting the rights to those players, however...

EA hasn't had any issues in the past, if no names, do numbers then, no names, means no need for the rights.

It may Mike, you never know what the take from the full game to make a demo, and play it yourself and be your own judge and not base it on a review of someone else.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:37 pm 
Cup Winner

I've played demo which I've thought sucked, then I've played the full game of those same demos and thought it was much better.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:39 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i dont think EA released a demo of a game, and is going to release a version with different game play.

secondly, i said "my friend played it and he said it sucked." i didnt say "my friend played it and he said it sucked. so it really does suck."

seriously. not that hard to figure out.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm 
Cup Winner

You can take small features from a demo out to change it just the slightest.

And why you being such a dick about it anyways? I haven't even played it yet, downloading it now.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
You can take small features from a demo out to change it just the slightest.

And why you being such a dick about it anyways? I haven't even played it yet, downloading it now.

because you are being a douche bag about it. i said my friend said it sucked and you replied with some sarcastic passive aggressive bullshit. shits fucking annoying.

you easily could have asked in what ways did it suck. instead you posted some obnoxious post implying i dont know what im talking about, when all i did was say "my friend said it sucked."

feel free to download it, and give an opinion on it. but your sarcastic passive aggressive comments dont fly with me.

edit: this is dumb. clearly im stressed and im flying off the handle. gonna put down the computer for a few hours.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:50 pm 
Cup Winner

Then ignore my comments. Don't be so pissy about something over the net.

And I'm going to go play it and have my own opinion about it.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:52 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

i look forward to your opinion. as i just said, im stressed and im gonna put down the computer. but still. go back and re read what you posted. you make it sound like i dont have a clue what im talking about. that annoyed me.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:01 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

i look forward to your opinion. as i just said, im stressed and im gonna put down the computer. but still. go back and re read what you posted. you make it sound like i dont have a clue what im talking about. that annoyed me.

I'm sorry Mike. Just was saying.

To me a perfect example was the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Demo. I thought it sucked and the cars felt terribly weird. But when I played the full Prologue game it was WAAAAAAYYYYYY better and the cars felt connected to the road again.

I'm just not a fan of judging the game on a demo. It's a tool to use, but it isn't a precision one to me.

That's why I said the first thing.

Rud wrote:

Rud
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:37 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I don't want to judge the game based on this demo. I feel like while they didn't change a TON about the gameplay, the things they did change are enough so that there's a minor learning curve when compared to previous NHL games. I'll probably wind up buying this and really develop my opinion after getting some significant playing time under my belt.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:58 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

I'm sorry Mike. Just was saying.

To me a perfect example was the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Demo. I thought it sucked and the cars felt terribly weird. But when I played the full Prologue game it was WAAAAAAYYYYYY better and the cars felt connected to the road again.

I'm just not a fan of judging the game on a demo. It's a tool to use, but it isn't a precision one to me.

That's why I said the first thing.

no sweat. i kinda went off the deep end anyways. just stressed.

im buying the game regardless. while i wasnt happy with nhl 11, i still enjoyed. the only NHL game i truly hated for 360 was nhl 07. the defense was a machine. oh, and i hated nhl 2002. the only way to score in that game was deflections. stupid.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:08 pm 
PP Quarterback

anyone else having an incredibly hard time in HUT?

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

bigC24
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 pm 
Two-Way Center

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Demos are typically old revisions of the game. So while the basic gist of the game will remain unchanged from the demo to the full title, certain tweaks should be expected from the two. So it's smart of you to not fully judge the game based on the demo.

As for the NHL 12 demo... I liked it overall. Not a whole lot felt different, but it definitely seemed as though the players had more weight to them. The pace felt more realistic in general, but there was still some rough edges through the game. If I have to hear "And with that one we have a term, 'cannonade'" one more time, I will smash this game into a jelly. The NHL series is in desperate need of presentation improvement.

Also, I ran Tim Thomas on accident, and it felt good.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:23 pm 
PP Quarterback

fan4life61 wrote:

never mind, i just played it and breezed through it. perhaps i just needed a nap? lol

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

bigC24
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:25 pm 
Two-Way Center

fan4life61 wrote:
fan4life61 wrote:

never mind, i just played it and breezed through it. perhaps i just needed a nap? lol

Was there any reward for winning it?

fan4life61
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:04 pm 
PP Quarterback

you get an extra pack when the retail game comes out

-R.J. and Lorenz

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:44 am 
Cup Winner

Just played it and well, you can't just simply cut to the middle anymore and try to score like that. The AI is much improved overall.

I can't wait for the final release to come out. I'm on the last game of the tournament, but three or so of my contracts ran out for the HUT already since I lost one tournament before.

Rud wrote:

fan4life61
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:00 pm 
PP Quarterback

rumors are you can play as a female in BAP, i'm holding off until i get solid proof, but an interesting rumor.

-R.J. and Lorenz

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i already know what moves im making as soon as i get the game.. getting tim erixon is one of them. i love tim erixon.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am 
Cup Winner

I can't wait to try the game out, got it preordered at Best Buy.

Rud wrote:

patkane88
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:47 pm 
Captain Clutch

Love the demo because hitting is actually real for once.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next