It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: NHL 11
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/061/061024.html

apparently, nhl 11 will only be on XBOX360. or maybe thats wrong.

any news goes here.

Montalo
 Post subject: Re: NHL 11
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

any news goes here.

thankfully, you are wrong

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/061/061025.html

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

They'll never make an EA Sports game for just 1 game system. It's economic suicide for the company to lose roughly 1/2 its' sales, and reputation. EA Sports has a near monopoly on the Video Game Sports Franchises, and I dont foresee them giving that up by doing something stupid like only releasing the game for 1 system.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

any news goes here.

No, EA won't do that since EA is a developer for both systems, and isn't owned by Microsoft, and Microsoft won't fork out that kind of cash to make it exclusive.

Bungie is owned by Mircosoft so that is why Halo is exclusive for the 360 only.

Most companies always deliver their 360 version first because the American market is much bigger on the 360 than the PS3, but they are almost equal now, plus it's easier to develop things for the 360 since they don't use HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 pm 
Captain Dynasty

companies make sports exclusive to platforms. hence why the show is only on ps3. i dont think thats correct either. but for a short time, EA only made baseball games for playstation as well (before we were robbed of the MVP series)

but i think you are right.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:06 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
companies make sports exclusive to platforms. hence why the show is only on ps3. i dont think thats correct either. but for a short time, EA only made baseball games for playstation as well (before we were robbed of the MVP series)

Playstation was the biggest market and didn't have many competitors then. Sega was the biggest competition and that only had games made from Sega I believe.

GTA was exclusive on the Playstation until the Xbox came around, and Rockstar knew more money if we expand to all consoles. the only reason GTA4 has 360 exclusive content is because Microsoft forked over hundreds of millions of dollars to buy that content.

If NHL was only released on the 360, you would lose the world market, the PS3 outsells the 360 more outside of America. Europe and Asia don't care for the 360 like America does.

You have 22 million PS3's outside of the USA, and only 20 million 360's outside of America. 19.5 million 360's in America to the 9 million PS3s. EA would never want to lose out on 33.5 or so million units who could possibly buy their titles.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 pm 
Captain Dynasty

well, what i just found out is NHL 11 is only confirmed on 360 so far. no other systems at this point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_series#NHL_11

im sure you guys are right and itll be out for ps3, but so far not announced. weird.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
well, what i just found out is NHL 11 is only confirmed on 360 so far. no other systems at this point.

im sure you guys are right and itll be out for ps3, but so far not announced. weird.

IGN is not EA, until EA officially announces when the game will be out and what platforms don't believe anything.

"However, the game has not been officially announced yet."

So nothing is confirmed, for all we know EA is deciding to only release on PC.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

IGN is not EA, until EA officially announces when the game will be out and what platforms don't believe anything.

dude, i already conceeded and agreed with you. dont be a dick.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:18 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

dude, i already conceeded and agreed with you. dont be a dick.

Wasn't trying to be a dick, just stating if EA doesn't say it, don't believe it yet.

It's like how many times has a release date for GT5 been said by everyone but PD?

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i know man, your not a dick, but im merely posting what i read. im taking it for what it is, and things will change eventually.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:34 pm 
Garbage Man

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

I played MVP baseball on my 360 until they stopped making them. So I dont think they were made only for PS. Unless I am completely reading this wrong.

Eh

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 pm 
Captain Dynasty

one year was made exclusive for ps2.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 pm 
Cup Winner

I wonder what new features NHL 11 will have from NHL 10.

I still wish checking and the offensive stick was a bit different, require a button to be pushed for checking since I always get interference calls from going after the puck but instead the game decides for me I want to check someone.

Here are some of my wishes also:
Be a GM:
    -Renew contracts in the middle of the year also to get it out of the way.
    -The players on your team should call you and such so you get input of their feelings, same with the coaches.
-Also should be able to discuss better trades instead of relying on the trade rumor part.
Be a Pro:
    -Request trades to certain teams if unhappy, also when your contract expires you can try and renegotiate it if you choose to not use an agent.
    -Hiring Agents like in Madden, and they get unlocked as you get better, also could choose not to hire agent.
    -Still need better team mate play sometimes.
    -Experience points should be earned quicker based on your performance in games and the season, it takes too long to earn XP throughout the season, also could have a better practice mode in between games you can do optionally to earn more XP like in Madden, except it was super easy to cheat with practice in Madden.
Quick Play:
    -Have more fantasy teams like Madden does with the old all-star players. Every notable team that won a cup or was just notable include them in the game. Have the Islander Dynasty team, Oilers Dynasty, even the Montreal's dynasty teams. Include the Bobby Orr Bruins of the 70's, even the Mario Penguins.
    -Include every alternate jersey the team wore also.

I guess those are some things I'd like to see in the next installment.

Rud wrote:

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:03 am 
Garbage Man

Well right now EA's 3 year plan with NHL is to upgrade the checking the toughness part of the game. That's why this years motto was Prove your tough enough. And the introduction to the board play(love it). Look for them to improve those areas of the game.

Eh

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 pm 
Captain Dynasty

graphical improvements could be:

banner raising, award ceremonies, and an in depth introduction to playoff games, and playoff beards. id also like better celebrations, instead of players just celebrating by themselves, all going to each other to celebrate.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:18 pm 
Cup Winner

I agree also Irony, still my biggest gripe is the whole takes forever to level up your player.

Rud wrote:

ooodjaceooo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:51 am 
Emergency Call-Up

this game needs a ton of work, sorry board play is dumb, glitch goals are retarded, and it takes FOREVER to get your legend card, if anyone here plays online my PSN is the same as my name here. ooodjaceooo

fan4life61
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 am 
PP Quarterback

this will be on ps3 also, ill beat my first born child on it, mike i love all of the things you said and aaron, i tooootally agree with you as well, i understand that players dont become legends in one or two seasons, but NO ONE is going to sit and play though 10+ seasons, especially when you get sent down to the minors if you sim more than 4 games

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:14 am 
Cup Winner

I mean the more points your score the more experience points you should earn.

You don't become a legend in two seasons, but you can become a great player in two seasons, and be rated much better.

If you lead the league in scoring you should easily be able to upgrade your character 100 stat points or 50, or even 20 per trophy you win.

I know it's easy to score and cheat it, but it still wouldn't take as long to level your player up.

I'm a quarter through my second season and my player is only rated an 80 overall. That is 5 total points a year, so he won't be over a 90 player until his 5th or so season.

So why is Crosby and Ovechkin rated so high in their 5th years, also why can't you do drills to level your player up? Do passing drills to earn passing experience points.

I don't know, I still wish it was quicker, but the Legend cards and stuff are earned by playing the game and actually scoring. Those shouldn't be changed, but the leveling up system could easily be changed.

Rud wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next