It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: NHL 13
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:06 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i ended up winning that game 4-2. scoring is difficult, but no so hard that you give up. im sure ill learn tricks and get better. so far, i find it more enjoyable than nhl 2012.

again, the presentation of this game is AMAZING. worth the price alone just to look at it.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 pm 
Cup Winner

So this is worth getting then.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 pm 
resident car guy

Borderlands 2 came out today. I won't be buying NHL 13 for some time.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i can score from the slot, but other then that, i havnt figured it out.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 pm 
Cup Winner

Ryan911T wrote:

NHL 13, Borderlands 2, F1 2012, all came out in the last two weeks. I can't afford them all right now.

I'm still not even done with the first Borderlands, but I got it 2 weeks ago so I have an excuse.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 am 
resident car guy

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:

NHL 13, Borderlands 2, F1 2012, all came out in the last two weeks. I can't afford them all right now.

I'm still not even done with the first Borderlands, but I got it 2 weeks ago so I have an excuse.

Loved the first one, I played the hell out of that game. I only have had about two hours to play the second one and am not disappointed at all.

Too many video games are coming out this time of year. I don't have the time for the new Halo, COD, Borderlands 2, NHL, nor do I have 240$ that I want to just dump into video games.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:17 pm 
Power Forward

Just played it new skating techniques are pretty solid. Now u can accelerate like they do in real life. Plus have a backward skating function which is kind of hard to use still trying to perfect it. Hits look kind of over the hill. Comentating is exactly the same from previous years. Goalies are waaaaay more out of position than they usually are.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:05 pm 
Power Forward

One more thing I can't seem to find Grigorenko or Girgensons on either Amerks or Sabres which does suck donkey balls. And one more plus the player ratings are pretty spot on

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

grigs is in the draft, girgs wasnt in the CHL and thus, isnt in the game.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:36 pm 
Cup Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
One more thing I can't seem to find Grigorenko or Girgensons on either Amerks or Sabres which does suck donkey balls. And one more plus the player ratings are pretty spot on

Grigorenko is in NHL 12 so he has to be in 13.

Rud wrote:

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:42 am 
7th Defenseman

has anyone started/want to start a GM Connect league? (PS3)

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 pm 
Captain Dynasty

the passing in this game makes it extremely hard to enjoy some games. last year, it was passing to the wrong player. this year its just passes that just make no sense. there are times when you cant get the puck out of your own zone, because the passing is so bad. you finally get it out of the zone when they score on. or, like what just happened to me, i went to go up the boards with my dman. instead he turned around and shot it in to my own net. i cant really figure out why that happened.

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
7th Defenseman

I really need a PS3 NHL 13 custom sabres cover...i can't stand philly

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 pm 
Captain Dynasty

the passing in this years game, impressively, is by far worse then NHL 12. this game borderline unplayable.

the computer easily gets to every loose puck. and the computer easily knocks you off the puck, but its extremely hard to do to them.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:21 pm 
Hart Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
the passing in this years game, impressively, is by far worse then NHL 12. this game borderline unplayable.

the computer easily gets to every loose puck. and the computer easily knocks you off the puck, but its extremely hard to do to them.

Really it's not so much the passing for me, it's the result of the pass. Passes got blocked WAY to easily, and if they have even a little power behind them they're not received, it just bounces off the guy.

Other than that and a few difficulties in the skating, it's an O.K game.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Really it's not so much the passing for me, it's the result of the pass. Passes got blocked WAY to easily, and if they have even a little power behind them they're not received, it just bounces off the guy.

Other than that and a few difficulties in the skating, it's an O.K game.

i find i make alot of turn overs. which is my problem. but alot of good passes that dont get received, and blocked.

faceoffs are also maddening. goalies are also really hard to beat. thats fun for a while, but after a while, its like... ok, 7 goals in 6 games? somethings gotta give.

some games are a blast. others piss me off.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:00 pm 
Captain Dynasty

there are so many things that keep this game down. seriously, when you have faceoffs at their easiest level, and you win 1 in 25, somethings wrong. also, the passing is just so bad. i mean. its BAD. you cant even pass to a player who is wide open most of the times, the pass will go behind them or in front of them. and finally, the computers gravitational pull. i just had a 2 on 0, kinda. the far side winger was a step in front of the computers defender. for whatever reason, my skater couldnt pull away from him, and the two were stuck together, holding my player back. but the pull only happens when you go to pass to the guy, or switch to a guy to go after a loose puck. its a glitch. if it doesnt hold him back, i have an easy tap in goal.

also, the game freezes CONSTANTLY. ive read up on it, its the game, not the console. some PS3 users have freezing issues to the point where it damages the console. not sure how that happens.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore, but i noticed the coolest thing in the game today. martin brodeur has HIS mask. same paint job, same mask itself. like the heaton mask, not the bauer profile 961/960 that the rest of the goalies rock. thats so cool. to me.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:27 am 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore, but i noticed the coolest thing in the game today. martin brodeur has HIS mask. same paint job, same mask itself. like the heaton mask, not the bauer profile 961/960 that the rest of the goalies rock. thats so cool. to me.

There was an article I read about that. It's because Broduer owns the trademark on his mask and he let EA use it in their game.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:35 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

There was an article I read about that. It's because Broduer owns the trademark on his mask and he let EA use it in their game.

the paint job didnt surprise me as much as they actually made a different mask itself for him. they could have just used the profile that every other goalie uses. but they made a heaton mask. awesome.