It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
the finals of the cover athlete voting is down to brodeur or bobrovsky.

anyways, nhl 14 is coming in 3 or 4 months. it wont be out for the next gen systems, but they claim they are fixing many of the issues that plague nhl 13. anyone have any suggestions they would like to see?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
What a joke. Datsyuk deserved the cover hands down. Neither of these goalies even made it to the playoffs, and Broduer's save percentage was .901, not bueno. Bobrovsky is the only one who deserves it out of the two, but Datsyuk should've won.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Wozniak
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:11 am
Posts: 2864
Location: Chicago
BlueandYellow wrote:
What a joke. Datsyuk deserved the cover hands down. Neither of these goalies even made it to the playoffs, and Broduer's save percentage was .901, not bueno. Bobrovsky is the only one who deserves it out of the two, but Datsyuk should've won.

i dont think making the playoffs should be a requirement for making the cover of a video game. There are some good players that just happen to have the bad luck of being on a shitty team. Nor would i have issue if Broduer made it. He is one of the top goalies to ever play and is getting to retirement (should have retired already). Bob is the one that confuses me. He had a great few months sucking the last couple years. I dont think he deserves to be on a cover.

but i have to ask, why are you so adamant about Datsyuk being on the cover?

_________________
Check out my website: http://www.artistzero.com

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:25 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Wozniak wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
What a joke. Datsyuk deserved the cover hands down. Neither of these goalies even made it to the playoffs, and Broduer's save percentage was .901, not bueno. Bobrovsky is the only one who deserves it out of the two, but Datsyuk should've won.

i dont think making the playoffs should be a requirement for making the cover of a video game. There are some good players that just happen to have the bad luck of being on a shitty team. Nor would i have issue if Broduer made it. He is one of the top goalies to ever play and is getting to retirement (should have retired already). Bob is the one that confuses me. He had a great few months sucking the last couple years. I dont think he deserves to be on a cover.

but i have to ask, why are you so adamant about Datsyuk being on the cover?

Probably because Brodeur and Bobrovsky only made it because they're goalies and not for a legitimate reason. Broduer wasn't good this year, and since we're judging by year (NHL 14) and usually only the players that do good in the year prior to the video game make it. Neither Broduer or Bobrovsky were as important to their team as Datsyuk was, not to mention Datsyuk should've already been on the cover.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
BlueandYellow wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
What a joke. Datsyuk deserved the cover hands down. Neither of these goalies even made it to the playoffs, and Broduer's save percentage was .901, not bueno. Bobrovsky is the only one who deserves it out of the two, but Datsyuk should've won.

i dont think making the playoffs should be a requirement for making the cover of a video game. There are some good players that just happen to have the bad luck of being on a shitty team. Nor would i have issue if Broduer made it. He is one of the top goalies to ever play and is getting to retirement (should have retired already). Bob is the one that confuses me. He had a great few months sucking the last couple years. I dont think he deserves to be on a cover.

but i have to ask, why are you so adamant about Datsyuk being on the cover?

Probably because Brodeur and Bobrovsky only made it because they're goalies and not for a legitimate reason. Broduer wasn't good this year, and since we're judging by year (NHL 14) and usually only the players that do good in the year prior to the video game make it. Neither Broduer or Bobrovsky were as important to their team as Datsyuk was, not to mention Datsyuk should've already been on the cover.


I really wanted Tavares to win it. I was shocked Bob beat him.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:15 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
What a joke. Datsyuk deserved the cover hands down. Neither of these goalies even made it to the playoffs, and Broduer's save percentage was .901, not bueno. Bobrovsky is the only one who deserves it out of the two, but Datsyuk should've won.

i dont think making the playoffs should be a requirement for making the cover of a video game. There are some good players that just happen to have the bad luck of being on a shitty team. Nor would i have issue if Broduer made it. He is one of the top goalies to ever play and is getting to retirement (should have retired already). Bob is the one that confuses me. He had a great few months sucking the last couple years. I dont think he deserves to be on a cover.

but i have to ask, why are you so adamant about Datsyuk being on the cover?

Probably because Brodeur and Bobrovsky only made it because they're goalies and not for a legitimate reason. Broduer wasn't good this year, and since we're judging by year (NHL 14) and usually only the players that do good in the year prior to the video game make it. Neither Broduer or Bobrovsky were as important to their team as Datsyuk was, not to mention Datsyuk should've already been on the cover.


I really wanted Tavares to win it. I was shocked Bob beat him.

Tavares would've been fine, too. He was the reason his team made it and is still real young.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
whens the last time a goalie was on the cover? a goalie deserves it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:01 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
I think the thing with Broduer is his age and this could possibly be his last year playing. So people want to see him on the cover for that reason.

I have no problem with Broduer on the cover. Would be neat to be the NHL cover on his last year.

If he actually plays next year. He has one more year on his contract right?

And the last goalie to grace the cover of NHL game was Turco if you count the NHL 2k series on 2k6, but for the NHL series, it was NHL 97 with Vanbiesbrouck.

Hiller was on the Swedish cover in NHL 12 though.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:47 am 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
this game is better then the last few. but man, if i won a faceoff once a game, i was happy. learned you have to pick a grip. doh

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron