It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:29 pm 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:
I know that's not what the law calls for. I've said repeatedly that I don't really have a problem with most of the Arizona law. My only complaints is that it should do more to go after people who hire illegals, and that the clauses that allow citizens to sue a PD if they feel the law isn't being followed be removed. I don't need a lecture about rescinding laws that get abused. I was never suggesting such a thing.

My point with this has always been that if such things are happening now, before the new law is even in effect, what's going to happen when it is in effect? If officers are abusing their authority now, what are they going to do after the law is in effect?

Officers will do their job as usual, and suffer enormous, exaggerated criticism when one podunk does it wrong...like usual. Illegals do jam up jails/prison, because ICE is so innundated that they put a high threshold on who they'll follow through with deportation. You wouldn't want to know the people that have been allowed to remian in my jurisdiction simply because of the lack of enough resources from ICE.