All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:22 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

Alarmist propaganda incites violence.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38957020/ns ... nd_courts/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

Quote:
Lee said he experienced an ‘‘awakening” when he watched former Vice President Al Gore’s environmental documentary ‘‘An Inconvenient Truth.”

Manifesto

I'm guessing he was having a hard time getting laid.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:47 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I haven't seen An Inconvienient Truth but unless it talks about killing every Jew, Homosexual, Black etc. then it is a far cry from being on par with the Turner Diaries.

That being said, no book or movie alone can be held responsible for some nut cases act regardless of what side the message comes from. A nut is a nut. Just like one can't hold the Beattle's responsible for the Manson murders.

Tvan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 pm 
7th Defenseman

Wow...he really has a grudge against babies

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Tvan wrote:
Wow...he really has a grudge against babies

Ha! With my 5 month old being sick and crying through the night I have a pretty big grudge too. Damn babies. :P

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:28 pm 

Displaced Fan wrote:
That being said, no book or movie alone can be held responsible for some nut cases act regardless of what side the message comes from. A nut is a nut. Just like one can't hold the Beattle's responsible for the Manson murders.

I dunno, this guy seems to have been profoundly affected by 3 books by Daniel Quinn...he keeps referring to them in his manifesto and elsewhere.

Quote:
I am going over the Daniel Quinn books over and over. I refuse to read anything that is not directly related to the overpopulation problem and global warming. I am searching history for clues that could save the planet. I still am baffled why this is happening. It seems impossible. I am awaiting some nature videos that I ordered.

Guys, I went to the bookstore to relax, you know? Take it easy and the reflect on my life. I didn't mean to stumble on the book of the century. To be honest, the Daniel Quinn books are what I have been looking for for the better half of my life.

I remember a question I posed to a religious friend some time ago, that if we were all "meant" to act a certain way, then why do animals act the way they do? Why do they die? Can't they be "saved" as well. What I got was a definite "no,"

I absolutely hate it when someone tells me "no" or "it can't be done" or "that's just the way it is."

I was goofing on the title, but he also talks about that movie / book quite a bit too.
Quote:
"I finished reading Al Gore's book, and inconvenient truth a few days ago. It was very enlightening. However, at the end he didn't offer any real solutions, as if changing a lightbulb would even put a scratch in the global warming epidemic. The book was half good, which means the part about science was good. The rest seemed like a commercial for sainthood.

I re-read Genesis the first chapter. It was obviously written by a totalitarian farmer.

Today I am at SDSU doing research. I am also going to go get my old apartment back so I am closer to Borders. I watched video clips of the icecaps melting from global warming as well as scientific exploration of the problem"

Homegrown leftist terrorism. Thanks Al, you can keep your Nobel prize.
I'm glad he got shot before he could set off the explosives. My bosses sister works in that building and was trapped on the top floor for hours today.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:44 pm 

His last few thoughts must have been conflicting...on the good side, one less dirty human on the planet right? On the bad side there's the lead and sulfur spread into the environment from the officers boom-stick.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Wait, so most of his manifesto talks about Daniel Quinn except one bit about being enlightened then subsiquently let down by an Al Gore book. I'm no Gore fan but isn't comparing the Turner Diaries to Gore's work in this case a bit of an exageration? I mean the guy talked shit about the book way more than he praised it. Seems more like he was a bit fed up with the same shit I'm fed up with when it comes to Gore and that is his saint hood shit. :lol:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:04 pm 
Captain Dynasty

I saw An Inconvenient Truth in the theatre.