All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Uncoditional Surrender of North Korea
Yes 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10
slesh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Just come off the phone with my nephew who is stationed on the Korean Peninsula.
They are on high alert after todays events.

This event comes on the heals of the sinking of a South Korean Naval Vessel.
It is more than clear that words are done with this nation, it has been for over a decade.

Atomic Weapons or not, it is time to deal with this oppressive, murderous, rogue nation.
With or without China's help.
As much as a soldier detests war, sometimes, force of arms is the only recourse of action.
It is with a keen sense of this that I am now firmly in the camp of force against North Korea.

I am now entrenched in the mode of "Let's Roll" against North Korea. For if we continue to falter and waiver on the subject at hand, the danger only becomes deeper as we let time continue on.
I do not take this decision lightly given my stance on use of force. But there comes a time when we just have to call a spade a spade.

What say you my fellow citizens, the poll is up.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:13 am 
Superstar Goalie

According to my Geography teacher, China has become less and less invested in North Korean interests because of shifts in Chinese political and economic trends. I'm no expert but from what he said, the combination of North Korea's increasingly rogue behavior and a drop in the Chinese interest in protecting them based on those political and economic changes has pushed N.K.'s "Big Brother" so to speak to a point where they just may throw up their hands and say "Well, you did ask for it" if we moved aggresively towards them.

Again, this is just the opinion of my teacher.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:37 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Oh fuck that noise, we're not done with either of the two wars in which we're currently ensnared. Havent we already spent over a trillion dollars policing the world in the past decade? let someone else handle this, we cant afford it.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:40 am 
Superstar Goalie

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
Oh fuck that noise, we're not done with either of the two wars in which we're currently ensnared. Havent we already spent over a trillion dollars policing the world in the past decade? let someone else handle this, we cant afford it.

The Ironic part is that N. Korea may be the most dangerous threat to the US out of anyone and we're playing religious war ref in the Middle East.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

The fact they might be the biggest threat may explain why the US is fighting in other places instead of Korea. W. and his buddies at the Pentagon thought they could handle little nuclear-free Iraq and show the world. As it turned out that's a little harder than they thought. So I think the chance of striking against N. Korea is as remote as the chance of a carbon tax.

Sc's#1SabresFan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:00 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

We're spread wide as it is. Another conflict would be horrible for this countries morale. I can't say "Lets fuck em up" cause i'm not a soldier and i bet that's the last thing they want to happen at this time. I totally agree with the previous statement "Let someone else step up"

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:38 pm 
Hart Winner

Nobody else will step up, honestly.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:00 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Notice how nobody really wanted to fuck around when G.W. was calling the shots? Just saying...for next time (2012)

Squanto 7/27/2010

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:43 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I'd still like to know why NK is considered such a direct threat to the US. They can barely get a missile over Japan FFS. Not only could they not attack the US if they wanted to with conventional weapons, they couldn't do it with a nuke even if they ever develop one.

NK is a threat to SK only. That's it. If they get too rowdy that they posed a realistic threat, China would move in and end them quickly.

This assertion that NK didn't fuck around when GW was president is just wrong. NK has the same MO; start shit right before they sit down for negotiations. They can then uses the perceived threats to extract concessions at the table.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:05 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Squanto wrote:
I'd still like to know why NK is considered such a direct threat to the US. They can barely get a missile over Japan FFS. Not only could they not attack the US if they wanted to with conventional weapons, they couldn't do it with a nuke even if they ever develop one.

NK is a threat to SK only. That's it. If they get too rowdy that they posed a realistic threat, China would move in and end them quickly.

This assertion that NK didn't fuck around when GW was president is just wrong. NK has the same MO; start shit right before they sit down for negotiations. They can then uses the perceived threats to extract concessions at the table.

Agree with all that.

I'm really curious how the son is going to turn out, whether it's more of the same or if he'll bring about reforms. Yay, you guys can erect a world class uranium refinery in one year, but you cant feed your fucking population, get some damned priorities.

slesh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:32 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

There is a larger point being missed here.
Lives were lost. It isn't as though no one was hurt, in fact people were hurt.
North Korea is attacking without any consequences to thier actions.

I am done with no consequences. I am done with the excuses that this nation is not a direct threat to the United States. Those of you that state this are incorrect.
They did in fact spread nuclear material on a global scale and did so to some shady people.

If you honestly believe that Pakistan (who received thier Nuc technology from N. Korea, yes, thats the factual truth) has the ability to maintain security on thier Nuclear force you fool yourself, not I.
N. Korea has been in bed with Iran and Syria as well.

No, this regime is the most dangerous, and not only to the U.S., but globally. It has no sense of responsibility for its actions.
I say kick the fuck out of them, teach them accountability.
I am done with rogue nations.
Here's my message:

You kick a sleeping bear, don't be fucking surprised when he last thing you see is the bear opening up your chest with its claws and eating your fucking heart.

And I kid you not, after what I've been through I'm almost always the one that says lets not jump without looking, but in this case, something has to be done.
It's like watching a friend of mine get in the head by a rock thrown over the fence by his neighbor, my friend may not be able to do much, but I sure as fuck am going to hop the fence and commence to ass-whopin that motherfucker until he begs for his mommy..........then I'll wait 10 seconds and fuck him up some more.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

slesh wrote:
If you honestly believe that Pakistan (who received thier Nuc technology from N. Korea, yes, thats the factual truth) has the ability to maintain security on thier Nuclear force you fool yourself, not I.

That's factually incorrect. Pakistan sold centrifuge technology to North Korea. Not the other way around.

The fact of the matter is that North Korea is run by a nutcase, and the vast majority of it's population is brainwashed to believe that they are under constant attack from the US. For over 50 years, the people of North Korea have been told that the US is coming to get them. Generations of North Koreans believe this as you and I believe the sky is blue. Regime change there is not as simple has overthrowing a dictator. It will take multiple generations to reverse the brainwashing of the populace there, and the US can't really be a part of that.

North Korea is in no position to threaten anyone except China, South Korea, and Japan. They don't have the military or logistical ability to attack any farther away than that. They'll never get a nuke; China won't allow it.

There's no need to go in there and stir up the hornet's nest.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:47 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

I still say we bring back the Axis of Evil title, if for nothing else, Will Farrel to return to SNL and make the show funny again...just saying...for next time (2012) :P

Squanto 7/27/2010

slesh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Ah yes, I forgot about the centrifuges. I stand corrected on that particular point Squanto.

It doesn't change the fact that they gave enhanced missle technology to Pakistan for that as well as attempting to spread nuclear technology on a global scale without accountability.

Pakistan, although embroiled in its own stand off with India is not as dangerous as a regime out right as North Korea is.

I don't see Pakistan Sabre rattling every 4 to 6 months and then lobbing artillery shells into India. Do you?

EDIT: Just saw your opinion of China never allowing N. Korea to get a nuke.
They already have it. They detonated 3 of them so far. Every agency/government with knowledge has stated as such.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:11 am 
Captain Dynasty

What the hell is wrong with Kim Jong Il? He invented basketball and beat Lebron one on one and shit. Dude is the man.