It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 am 
Sober enough to run a server

You know I would criticize Obama on a myriad of issues, but I think one of the worst things done by his administration is inject uncertainty into the markets.

I believe if we had an ideologue take the white house and have control of congress (either party mind you) we'd at least have a known quantity the markets could factor in.

As it stands right now, 20% of our entire economy is up for grabs with a supreme court case, Congress can't agree on trillions of cuts necessary to avoid even more mandatory cuts...actually, congress can't agree on the color of the fucking sky.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:23 am 
MegaDouche

Crosscheck wrote:
You know I would criticize Obama on a myriad of issues, but I think one of the worst things done by his administration is inject uncertainty into the markets.

I believe if we had an ideologue take the white house and have control of congress (either party mind you) we'd at least have a known quantity the markets could factor in.

As it stands right now, 20% of our entire economy is up for grabs with a supreme court case, Congress can't agree on trillions of cuts necessary to avoid even more mandatory cuts...actually, congress can't agree on the color of the fucking sky.

Yup.

I don't really want to vote for anyone because I can't stand anyone running (including Obama's lack of cahones). Does this mean I can't complain afterwards?

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:24 am 

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
Does this mean I can't complain afterwards?

Yes

;)

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 am 
MegaDouche

Crosscheck wrote:
SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
Does this mean I can't complain afterwards?

Yes

;)

:(

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 am 
Superstar Goalie

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

Yup.

I don't really want to vote for anyone because I can't stand anyone running (including Obama's lack of cahones). Does this mean I can't complain afterwards?

Depends on what you're complaining about. If it's the lack of cajones of Americans in general to elect someone that isn't a socialite or the lack of candidates that you actually fucking believe in, then you're allowed to complain all you want.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:54 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Crosscheck wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
it's nearly impossible to change the financialsector without the USA - do you know what global means?

Listen, the US, for the most part, plays fair in the global economy. - what a joke :)
Sorry the Eurozone is in the shitter right now, but we have our own problems.

What exactly do you expect the US to do economically to help Europe?

help?
they refuse to make reforms of the financial market. do you know why people are protesting against the brainfucked bankers and their ideology in wallstreet ( for instance) ?

btw: the Eurozone is not in the shitter right now and never was. the euro is stable, but it's too easy to point at the Eurozone and make fun of it to hide national (US) problems ;) .

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:21 am 
More Heart Than Skill

Yhoshi wrote:
the euro is stable

Are... are you serious?

Ham

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 am 

Yhoshi wrote:

they refuse to make reforms of the financial market.

Please be more specific. What reforms to what sector of the financial markets?
Quote:
do you know why people are protesting against the brainfucked bankers and their ideology in wallstreet ( for instance) ?

Yes I do, but that's a completely separate issue(s).
Quote:
btw: the Eurozone is not in the shitter right now and never was. the euro is stable, but it's too easy to point at the Eurozone and make fun of it to hide national (US) problems ;) .

No one is trying to hide any problems in the US, we've had serious economic and employment problems since 2008 or so.
No one is "making fun" of the Eurozone, but if you believe the statement you just made, we should probably stop this conversation right here because you're not serious.

Montalo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:35 am 
PP Quarterback

the euro and EU need to go bye bye

(i have nothing else to offer to this thread, so ill bow out now)

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:51 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

my comments were not 100% serious. :) + a little bit of sarcasm

I would really like to discuss with you, but I don't want to search all the English words I need to go into detail. not tonight

- more equity (and exact rules what you are allowed to call equity)
- financial transaction tax

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:36 pm 

OK, I'll cut you slack on the translations...I'm just saying, the US and EU have long standing trade agreements....fairness and equity issues are spelled out in these agreements.
The US and EU don't engage in currency manipulation, treat workers fairly and generally don't screw up the environment or worker health to undercut the markets a la China and India.

This is what I mean when I say the US is playing fairly.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:52 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Yhoshi wrote:

Agree here. I know it's a pipe-dream, but I'd love to see some sort of formula for tax compensation for what multi-national corporations earn from taking adavantage of cheap labor abroad. If these companies want to offshore their assests to avoid paying their fare share in taxes, then there should be an offshoring tax. People talk about reforming the tax code, but unless that includes provisions like I'm talking about, it won't do any good.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:14 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:

Agree here. I know it's a pipe-dream, but I'd love to see some sort of formula for tax compensation for what multi-national corporations earn from taking adavantage of cheap labor abroad. If these companies want to offshore their assests to avoid paying their fare share in taxes, then there should be an offshoring tax. People talk about reforming the tax code, but unless that includes provisions like I'm talking about, it won't do any good.

Unions help ;)

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm 
Page Side

Crosscheck wrote:
OK, I'll cut you slack on the translations...I'm just saying, the US and EU have long standing trade agreements....fairness and equity issues are spelled out in these agreements.
The US and EU don't engage in currency manipulation, treat workers fairly and generally don't screw up the environment or worker health to undercut the markets a la China and India.

This is what I mean when I say the US is playing fairly.

Wait a minute... if we don't engage in currency manipulation, than why has the dollar faced 100% inflation over the past 100 years?