It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Squanto
 Post subject: Re: Mitt
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:52 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

NYIntensity wrote:
What would you call having a child on US soil in any effort to at least make deportation more difficult? How do you figure "anchor baby" is derogatory?

Maybe it actually SHOULD be, because when you talk down on something, most good people tend to not do that thing.

I hadn't heard about the amendment, so that's a dent in the armor for sure, but what do YOU think this country needs to do to fix its economy? You rip apart all of the politicians pretty equally, what is your gut telling you?

The implication is that any baby born in this country to one or two non-citizen parents is only done for citizenship purposes is pretty shitty. Yes, of course I get that it happens, but it's not nearly the epidemic that it's played up to be. It needs fixing. So do many other things.

I don't know what the answer is to fix the economy. I'm pretty sure that I'll never see it fixed in my lifetime because what's good for the average middle class American isn't what's good to win elections. I'll either need to be unemployed and on public assistance to get the attention of the left, or super right and self sufficient in order to get the attention of the right. Things that will help the rest of us aren't really important in our political system.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:55 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Crosscheck wrote:
egh, if someone claims to be a strict constitutionalist, I consider that to mean the original document and the bill of rights.
I don't think anyone is going to bat for the 18th amendment any more etc.

I betcha some of those dry counties in PA and the south are all about bringing it back. :)

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
What the cow, can there not be political discussion without 'you're mommas so fat', and 'I would like fries with that'?

Grow the plants in the garden.

Edit: editted for unsportsmanlike conduct

YOUR PLAYFUL EDITING HAS ENRAGED MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigh...fuckit. you guys are all assholes. seriously. Good thing i'm so lazy, or i'd go argue politics on some OTHER hockey forum.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
What the cow, can there not be political discussion without 'you're mommas so fat', and 'I would like fries with that'?

sigh...fuckit. you guys are all assholes. seriously. Good thing i'm so lazy, or i'd go argue politics on some OTHER hockey forum.

i actually talk politics very extensively on another sabre board. but i wont leave here for good because. well. i dont wanna yet.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm 
Superstar Goalie

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:

:dance:

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:10 pm 
Hart Winner

I for one think the walrus soothes soundly at day mark

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:49 pm 
Power Forward

Crosscheck wrote:
egh, if someone claims to be a strict constitutionalist, I consider that to mean the original document and the bill of rights.
I don't think anyone is going to bat for the 18th amendment any more etc.

Yeah this is what I was about to say. I feel like anyone who does claiming they are a constitutionalist is referring to the basic principles that our country was founded on. And yes while things are a lot more complex now then what they were back in the late 1700's I feel like most people would agree that those basic fundamentals are still true and important today? Maybe I am wrong with that, because everyone has different opinions.