It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 pm 
Star Sniper

So much for the assertions that the people wanted the 'sweeping changes' that the tea partiers and conservatives claimed the voters wanted in the last election. I always thought it was quite bold to surmise that just because you were voted in, that the voters agreed with all of your agenda. With any luck this scumbag will be on his way out. It would be nice if a bunch of his corporate loving tea party hacks went out next election as well. Government doesn't need hacks throwing wrenches into the mechanisms. There was already too much of that as it was. We have a 2 party system, and they're going to HAVE to work together to resolve issues. Having ignorant stalwarts backed by corporations was the last thing we needed.

The people got DOUBLE the signatures necessary for the historic recall. Iow Scott, resign you jackass.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

And since we all live in Wisconsin we should give a shit too.

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:34 pm 
Star Sniper

Crosscheck wrote:
And since we all live in Wisconsin we should give a shit too.

You don't think the things Walker was trying to do would ever spread to other states? Wisconsin does not exist in a bubble.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:40 pm 

Did you get all excited when Californians recalled Gray Davis because his liberal tax and spend policies almost bankrupted the state too?
Because California doesn't exist in a bubble and that sort of thing may spread.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:47 pm 

plus...Scott Walker just signed this which makes him awesome

http://maildogmanager.com/page.html?p=0 ... iation.org

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:14 pm 
Star Sniper

Crosscheck wrote:
Did you get all excited when Californians recalled Gray Davis because his liberal tax and spend policies almost bankrupted the state too?
Because California doesn't exist in a bubble and that sort of thing may spread.

Gray Davis did what all liberals do. Tax and spend. Nothing new there. Walker thought he was going to do whatever he felt like doing, no matter what the people wanted, because he ASSUMED that because he was voted in, the people wanted him to do every crazy idea that came to his little mind. Big difference.

Also, they better enjoy their little beer fest while they can before Dick Santorum reinstates prohibition.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm 

daz28 wrote:
Walker thought he was going to do whatever he felt like doing, no matter what the people wanted, because he ASSUMED that because he was voted in, the people wanted him to do every crazy idea that came to his little mind. Big difference.

Yeah, about that...the facts say your assumption is wrong.

Just because they got enough signatures for a recall election does not mean he is a renegade completely ignoring the will of the people.
In fact, he enjoys a better favorability rating (51%) than president Obama (46%)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/2 ... 31279.html

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm 

Oh...and I still don't give a shit about the governor of Wisconsin.

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm 
Star Sniper

Crosscheck wrote:
daz28 wrote:
Walker thought he was going to do whatever he felt like doing, no matter what the people wanted, because he ASSUMED that because he was voted in, the people wanted him to do every crazy idea that came to his little mind. Big difference.

Just because they got enough signatures for a recall election does not mean he is a renegade completely ignoring the will of the people.
In fact, he enjoys a better favorability rating (51%) than president Obama (46%)

I'm wrong, eh???

They got like 930k signatures to recall, and Walker only got 1.1 million votes FOR him in the election. Basically, as many people 'voted' for the recall as voted for him to be governor. Ok, we'll see how "popular" he is when he loses.

You're smart enough not to compare favorability ratings these days, cross. No one likes government in general, and some geographic areas may be more/less critical in general.

Squanto
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:49 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Crosscheck wrote:
daz28 wrote:

To be totally fair..

Quote:
The poll showed 51 percent of 701 registered voters asked approve of Walker's performance, while 46 percent disapprove. The telephone poll was conducted Jan. 19-22, just after the signatures were submitted to election officials on Jan. 17, and has a margin of error of 3.8 percentage points.

That margin of error seems low for such a small sample size, but I don't like to nitpick. Often. :)

I think it is an interesting observation that there were almost as many signatures to recall than he got votes in the first place. One could argue that's just a measure of voter turnout problems, but who knows.

But I agree with Cross. Who cares about that guy. He's kind of a douche, and if the people want him out, he'll be out.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm 

daz28 wrote:
They got like 930k signatures to recall, and Walker only got 1.1 million votes FOR him in the election. Basically, as many people 'voted' for the recall as voted for him to be governor. Ok, we'll see how "popular" he is when he loses.

Yeah, crazy thing about those numbers is the polls are open on election day for about 12 hours and that petition has been circulating for what, 5 or 6 months?
Shocking.

Squanto wrote:
To be totally fair..

Quote:
The poll showed 51 percent of 701 registered voters asked approve of Walker's performance, while 46 percent disapprove. The telephone poll was conducted Jan. 19-22, just after the signatures were submitted to election officials on Jan. 17, and has a margin of error of 3.8 percentage points.

That margin of error seems low for such a small sample size, but I don't like to nitpick. Often. :)

Small sample size?
That's like half the population of Wisconsin!

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 am 
Star Sniper

Recalls are rare. This one is exceptional.

Is that an ok response?

ffs, we ALL agree the guys a weed. Common ground. I'm just excited his radical shit died in a hurry.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:54 pm 

Lots of people, myself included, love some good ol union busting.
Good for him and good for Chris Christie too.

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 pm 
Star Sniper

Crosscheck wrote:

I understand that some unions may have too much power and influence, but are you against worker's rights to band together in general?

Also, are you for corporations having the more powerful hand in politics than workers?

I don't want this to turn into a full blown discussion about 'cushy government union jobs', I'm just asking a couple basic questions. Basically seeing if you're for reform on either of these fronts, or if you have a solid stance.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Might be a stupid question, but if 1.1million people voted for him, are those 930k signatures out of the 1.1m, or could ALL 930k signatures on that petition be people who voted AGAINST him?

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 pm 
Star Sniper

NYIntensity wrote:
Might be a stupid question, but if 1.1million people voted for him, are those 930k signatures out of the 1.1m, or could ALL 930k signatures on that petition be people who voted AGAINST him?

I think the number of signatures is quite astounding, and if this asshole could do math, he'd resign tomorrow. Basically 1 in 3 registered voters(both parties) in Wisconsin signed the petition.

My main point here was when the Repubs won big in 2010, they claimed they were "going to do what the American people voted them in to do", and nobody did this better than Scott Walker. This, imo, was a horribly e bold statement. It's the equivalent of any new girlfriend thinking they are the most flawless woman in the universe, because their new boyfriend picked THEM. Never even occurred to her maybe her new boyfriend just wanted a different girl, and there were only 2 choices. If 1 in 3 people in America signed a petition to ask me to wear a shirt that said, "i'm a douche", I'd probably wear it, because that many people can't be wrong.

Bottom line, people DON'T want corporations having all the power(and dictating their gov't), and that crosses party lines, too.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:08 pm 

daz28 wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

I understand that some unions may have too much power and influence, but are you against worker's rights to band together in general?

I think, generally speaking (and within this country), unions are outdated and unnecessary. That fact is just more exaggerated in the public sector because those workers are already guaranteed the greatest protections.
Now, there are certain industries such as industrial manufacturing where a union (trade or otherwise) have value in the realm of worker safety etc.
Quote:
Also, are you for corporations having the more powerful hand in politics than workers?

I think corporations have a duty and a right to protect their interests when it comes to public policy. All major industries and companies have done this since the founding of the country and it's not an inherently corrupt process.
What one considers "having a more powerful hand" is open to interpretation and the source of that power really lies the at the feet of the politicians, not the corporations.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 pm 
Captain Dynasty

im pro union. what walker did was inhuman. hopefully hes out of there ASAP. just like snyder here in michigan.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 pm 

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
im pro union. what walker did was inhuman. hopefully hes out of there ASAP. just like snyder here in michigan.

Yeah, it's awesome what unions have done for everyone in Michigan.
I'm sure we can hire a member for $200 an hour to turn out the lights when the state shuts down.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Crosscheck wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Yeah, it's awesome what unions have done for everyone in Michigan.
I'm sure we can hire a member for $200 an hour to turn out the lights when the state shuts down.

wasnt the unions. GM evacuated the state at its height. doesnt seem like it was the unions. feel free to ask roger smith about it. he will dodge you though. (because hes dead. and in hell)

it would be one thing if walker ran on the platform of gutting unions and got elected. he didnt. nor did snyder. but snyder isnt getting his wish.