It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:17 pm 
Hart Winner

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401559
He backed Chick-Fil-A and trashed gay marriage and HOLLA'D for Jesus and all of that good shit.
I love how even his own player (who remained anonymous) shit talked him. He may be a decent goaltender but he sure is a prick.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

He's angling hard for a post hockey Fox News position.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm 
Hart Winner

Also note, my bad for putting this in the NHL section.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:30 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

BlueandYellow wrote:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401559
He backed Chick-Fil-A and trashed gay marriage and HOLLA'D for Jesus and all of that good shit.
I love how even his own player (who remained anonymous) shit talked him. He may be a decent goaltender but he sure is a prick.

It upsets you that much?

My take: depending on what poll you like, 40-45% of the country agrees with him. I'm guessing less than 1% of the country even knows who Tim Thomas is. So this is much ado about nothing IMO. He's a Glen Beck fan, I'm sure this isn't the most outrageous belief he has.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:38 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I'm a little confused here.

My understanding is that he stands by the RIGHTS that the Cathy family has as a privately owned company. If he came out and said X and Y about the LGBT community, that's a different story.

Defending someone's right to be a bigot is not the same as being a bigot.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:41 pm 
Hart Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
I'm a little confused here.

My understanding is that he stands by the RIGHTS that the Cathy family has as a privately owned company. If he came out and said X and Y about the LGBT community, that's a different story.

Defending someone's right to be a bigot is not the same as being a bigot.

He said he agrees with them. He's basically saying the same things as Chick-Fill-A, which means he too is a bigot. They're allowed to say whatever they want, and I'm allowed to call them pricks. When 40-45% of the country agrees with them, that's why I release my frustration/anger/shit sauce.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:42 pm 
Captain Dynasty

spending a few weeks in davison will do this to a man. city is fucking weird.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:49 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I didn't see any direct quote from him. If you're talking about the block of text in italics, I believe that's a quote of a report about the Cathy family, not from TT himself (if I'm wrong, please let me know).

I haven't seen any quotes directly attached to him stating that he believes the same thing as them. Just that he supports them.

BlueandYellow wrote:
He's basically saying the same things as Chick-Fill-A, which means he too is a bigot. They're allowed to say whatever they want, and I'm allowed to call them pricks. When 40-45% of the country agrees with them, that's why I release my frustration/anger/shit sauce.

I didn't disagree with you that they're pricks, but again, I fail to see where he's "basically saying the same things".

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:52 pm 

The biggest idiots coming out of this chicken sandwich fiasco are the mayors of Chicago and Boston who seem to think someone gave them magical powers to prevent businesses from operating within their borders.

Wannabe Fascists

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:05 pm 
Hart Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
I didn't see any direct quote from him. If you're talking about the block of text in italics, I believe that's a quote of a report about the Cathy family, not from TT himself (if I'm wrong, please let me know).

I haven't seen any quotes directly attached to him stating that he believes the same thing as them. Just that he supports them.

BlueandYellow wrote:
He's basically saying the same things as Chick-Fill-A, which means he too is a bigot. They're allowed to say whatever they want, and I'm allowed to call them pricks. When 40-45% of the country agrees with them, that's why I release my frustration/anger/shit sauce.

I didn't disagree with you that they're pricks, but again, I fail to see where he's "basically saying the same things".

If he says he stands with them, he obviously agrees with them.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 pm 
Hart Winner

Crosscheck wrote:
The biggest idiots coming out of this chicken sandwich fiasco is the president of Chick-Fill-A who seems to think someone gave him magical powers to prevent people from getting married within the U.S borders.

Wannabe Fascist

Not that I don't agree with that statement, but lemme rewrite that.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:10 pm 

You don't think private citizens should be able to express their opinions in this country?

It's not policy of the company to discriminate...because that would be illegal.

Only a raging biggot evil person would hold that belief about marriage anyway.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm 
Hart Winner

Did I not just say, in my previous post, it's their RIGHT to say gay marriage is wrong, evil, disgusting, a burden on society burn them in eternal hell fire etc... It's MY right to call them pricks. But what I don't think it's their right to prevent them from being married. And YES, you are a bigot if you think that they SHOULDN'T be allowed to marry.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm 

BlueandYellow wrote:
But what I don't think it's their right to prevent them from being married.

They've done no such thing.
One person expressed an opinion...the horror.

I think it's sad and moronic that people are now boycotting this place...they're independently owned franchises.
One local franchise had to do this

That's the Chick-Fil-A in West Hollywood...the largest gay community in Los Angeles.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:27 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Tim Thomas' exact words.

Quote:
I stand with Chick-fil-A.

Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay.

Cathy told Baptist Press that the company was unapologetically in favor of traditional marriage.

“Guilty as charged,” he said. “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

In a separate interview on the Ken Coleman Show — Cathy suggested that the nation could face God’s wrath over the redefinition of marriage.

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”

I don't care what Thomas thinks honestly. He can say whatever the hell he wants. So can the owners of Chick-fil-A. I can then chose not to patronize their businesses if I want.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Crosscheck wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I think it's sad and moronic that people are now boycotting this place...they're independently owned franchises.

That's the Chick-Fil-A in West Hollywood...the largest gay community in Los Angeles.

Honestly, I think it's sad and moronic that the franchisee had to do this at all. While the Cathy family has a right to say what they want, sometimes it's not always the best choice.

If I'm a franchisee, I'm pissed I have to deal with this.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm 
Hart Winner

Crosscheck wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Most states do not allow homosexual marriage.
I never said Chich-Fil-A owner is responsible for that. People who share that opinion as a whole are responsible.
But his opinion is still a prick one at that, and whoever shares it is a GRADE. A. JERKOFF. And the reason homosexual marriage is illegal in many states is because of that opinion.

Last edited by BlueandYellow on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm 

Squanto wrote:
Honestly, I think it's sad and moronic that the franchisee had to do this at all. While the Cathy family has a right to say what they want, sometimes it's not always the best choice.

If I'm a franchisee, I'm pissed I have to deal with this.

I totally agree, it was a bad business move (but so is refusing to open on Sunday). I think the reaction to the entire fiasco has been overblown and rage has been misplaced.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:41 pm 

BlueandYellow wrote:
[
But his opinion is still a prick one at that, and whoever shares it is a GRADE. A. JERKOFF. And the reason homosexual marriage is illegal in many states is because of that opinion.

No where it's been put up for a vote has it passed...not even in California.

Rage all you want, public opinion isn't there yet. Name calling half the country isn't going to sway people to your side of the argument.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:50 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Crosscheck wrote:

Awesome. When arguing against government intervention in the marketplace it's all "let the free market decide what will live and die", and now when that's actually happening it's sad and pathetic? So basically you just agree with however the right/conservatives/christian militia decide to act. Gotcha.