It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 pm 
Star Sniper

You're right...they can tell all their adopted children how they met at the glory hole in the men's room.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 pm 
Hart Winner

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT. Here's a photo of my little, 4 year old girl I am currently selling.

Isn't she beautiful?

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 pm 
Star Sniper

I don't think the picture loaded properly, or my computer has summarily rejected her.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
I don't think the picture loaded properly, or my computer has summarily rejected her.

I feexed it...she's lovely.

Tell me, does she cry a lot?

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:50 pm 
Star Sniper

I'd slap that bitch whether she cried or not.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:45 pm 
Hart Winner

A few years ago she used to cry A LOT. She cries a little bit now, but not nearly as much.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm 
Superstar Goalie

No offense, but her lips look like she could suck a mean dick (if you know what I mean).

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:58 pm 
Hart Winner

:|

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:11 am 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Squanto wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
I have yet to hear him say anything bigoted; as far as I can tell, he is only supporting their right to say it.

I think you're splitting hairs.

Thomas' 'I stand with Chik-fil-A' is about as vague as possible. Could mean any number of things.

The media will spin it whichever way to grab readers.

I like Chik-Fil-A's food, and I support the first amendment, so I don't care the CEO of that company said what he did, it's not a surprise he said it.

I also don't care if gays marry either. Big deal, let them be happy like heterosexuals are, it's not like they are crazy deranged mutants or anything, just regular people who happen to like the same sexual organs as them.

It's not about free speech, its about CfA donating to groups that use their money to spread lies about LGBT individuals, like the FRC whose leaders have said that gay behavior should be criminalized, likened homosexuality to pedophilia, perform harmful reaparative therapy, pushed discredit studies that 'say' that gays make worse parents than straights, and the fun one, urged congress not to pass a resolution condemning the Ugandan laws that call for the death penalty for gays.

In other news, I'm seeing fairly reliable sources say that the day was bolstered by one day only coupons issued by churches, presumably paid for by NOM. Which, considering MN, ME, MD, and WA, was probably a crappy way to spend money.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:45 pm 
Cup Winner

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Squanto wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
I have yet to hear him say anything bigoted; as far as I can tell, he is only supporting their right to say it.

I think you're splitting hairs.

Thomas' 'I stand with Chik-fil-A' is about as vague as possible. Could mean any number of things.

The media will spin it whichever way to grab readers.

I like Chik-Fil-A's food, and I support the first amendment, so I don't care the CEO of that company said what he did, it's not a surprise he said it.

I also don't care if gays marry either. Big deal, let them be happy like heterosexuals are, it's not like they are crazy deranged mutants or anything, just regular people who happen to like the same sexual organs as them.

It's not about free speech, its about CfA donating to groups that use their money to spread lies about LGBT individuals, like the FRC whose leaders have said that gay behavior should be criminalized, likened homosexuality to pedophilia, perform harmful reaparative therapy, pushed discredit studies that 'say' that gays make worse parents than straights, and the fun one, urged congress not to pass a resolution condemning the Ugandan laws that call for the death penalty for gays.

In other news, I'm seeing fairly reliable sources say that the day was bolstered by one day only coupons issued by churches, presumably paid for by NOM. Which, considering MN, ME, MD, and WA, was probably a crappy way to spend money.

Time to be mercenaries and wipe out all these anti-gay groups and stuff.

You in?

I see what you mean, but are those donations coming from Chik-Fil-A or are they coming from the CEO or something. You shouldn't group a company into what their CEO does, as they are individual franchises.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

The Chick-Fil-A corporate entity builds every restaurant. They own the restaurant. The franchisee is only an operator of the location. According to some googling, it costs almost nothing as far as operator investment.

Chick-Fil-A then takes a substantial chunk of the profits from each location, since they own everything. The franchisee/operator gets nothing but their profits.

Their franchise model is nothing like other fast food places.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 pm 
Hart Winner

What I don't understand is why no Christians are against Atheists getting married, or people of another faith getting married.

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

"Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed." (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

I mean, I would assume they don't want Gays getting married because of quotes like this,

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

But since the laws of the United States overrides God's law because, well, God is an evil prick, they try to keep homosexuals from being married. It's confusing, why only homosexuals?

PatGreen
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm 
PP Quarterback

where did you copy and paste that from?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:01 pm 
Hart Winner

The quotes? They're pretty easy to find.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:32 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Shit, we'd need a whole forum to cover the topic of christian hypocrisy.

Tattoos
Leviticus 19:28 states:
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Rounded Haircuts
Leviticus 19:27 states:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Men With Injured Or Cut Off Private Parts Entering Houses Of God

Deuteronomy 23:1 states:
He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

Consulting Psychics
Leviticus 19:31 reads:
Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Gossiping
Leviticus 19:16 states:
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the LORD.

Wives Helping Out Their Husbands In A Fight

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 states:
When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets

Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.

Eating A Ham Sandwich

Leviticus 11:7-8 reads:
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Children Cursing Their Parents

Exodus 21:17 states:
"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."

Getting Remarried After Getting Divorced

Mark 10:11-12 states:
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Working On The Sabbath

Exodus 31:14-15 states:
"Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Women Speaking In Houses Of God
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 states:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Eating Shrimp, Lobster, And Other Assorted Seafood

Leviticus 10-11 states:
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

Losing Your Virginity Before You Get Married
Deuteronomy 22:20-21 states:
But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:49 pm 
Hart Winner

Even the new Testament has some bad shit. Mostly about slavery.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Some CfA Owners Have Gone the Other Way - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1127401

Re: The Bible passages, there has always been a lot of debate over what the intent of the writers was, and how multiple translations have changed things over time. Many think the anti-homosexuality passages were more to condemn male prostitution and male instructors and preacher taking advantage of male students (hello Catholic Church) moreso than condemning homosexuality as a whole.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 pm 
Hart Winner

I don't understand how you interpret "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives" other than kill homosexuals. I don't see how people can think it's being specific to only one or two instances of homosexuality.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:31 pm 
Cup Winner

Squanto wrote:
The Chick-Fil-A corporate entity builds every restaurant. They own the restaurant. The franchisee is only an operator of the location. According to some googling, it costs almost nothing as far as operator investment.

Chick-Fil-A then takes a substantial chunk of the profits from each location, since they own everything. The franchisee/operator gets nothing but their profits.

Their franchise model is nothing like other fast food places.

That I didn't know.

I like their food regardless, but I rarely eat there as it is out of my way to do such a thing if I'm hungry.

Also the Bible isn't a rules of how you have to live, it's merely a guide to how you should live your life. That is what most of these super hardcore Christians fail to see. It's not a "rulebook."

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Also the Bible isn't a rules of how you have to live, it's merely a guide to how you should live your life. That is what most of these super hardcore Christians fail to see. It's not a "rulebook."

Right. Which is why it's so f-ing infuriating when bible passages are held up against a reasoned argument, as if the word of the bible is infallible. Then things like I posted are pointed out and all of a sudden 'oh, the bible isnt a rulebook, it's all up for interpretation'. It's freaking hypocritical. (not talking about you sky, just generally in debates i've had with christians.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next