It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Crosscheck wrote:
Squanto wrote:
It would be no different than when Ron Paul supporters were booing to disrupt the RNC, and they got accused of booing down the Puerto Rican speaker.

That wasn't why they were booing then, and that's not why they booed yesterday. Spin it all you want it that makes you horny.

So you're saying they weren't booing the forced inclusion of God and Israel in the platform?
Ok, what were they booing then?

They were both booing their own party leaders not following their own rules.

And this is the problem with politics most times. Instead of discussing what each candidate wants to do, we're more concerned with what sound bite might make one candidate look better or worse.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:29 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

...and the rule they were upset that wasn't being followed was the majority preference for God and Israel not be included in the platform.
So that's the same thing as booing the inclusion.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
You guys (Cross & 1980) can try to justify GOP idiocy by saying "both sides do it" all you want. It doesn't change the fact that radical right wing rhetoric is, at this time part of the mainstream in a far bigger way than left wing rhetoric. Paul Ryan made a speech to the RNC that even Fox News called incredibly dishonest.

So I assume you've read the AP fact check of the first night of the DNC right?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html
OK, so both sides do lie and exaggerate.

Quote:
Chuck Norris says re-election will lead to "1000 years of darkness". Rush Limbaugh calls a grad student looking to have the pill covered "a prostitute". Todd Akon... not much needs to be said there.
I don't see both sides doing that shit. I see one.

“The worst possible allies for the Jewish state are the fundamentalist Christians who want Jews to die and convert"
~Mark Alan Siegel, the Palm Beach County Democrat Chairman

"They lie and they don't care if people think they lie. Joseph Goebbels . It's the big lie, you keep repeating it."
~ John Burton chairman of the California delegation on Paul Ryan

Yes, both, sides, do, it.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm 

BagBoy wrote:
If the GOP does make that commercial, that will pretty much validate what DP has been saying in this thread.

already done...

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 pm 
Hart Winner

Wait, booing God...? That makes you a bigot? Ever read the Old Testament? Not the cheeriest fellow...

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:52 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Crosscheck wrote:
This thread was about Chuck Norris invoking god/religion as a way to get people to vote...ok, that pic is an example of the exact opposite sentiment.

Just to be clear, I started this thread to show how batshit, doom and gloom, over the top crazy that fucking video is. NOT about how religion was being used in it. That came up later.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Crosscheck wrote:
BagBoy wrote:
If the GOP does make that commercial, that will pretty much validate what DP has been saying in this thread.

already done...

Um......so I am validated? I dont have to pay for parking?

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:12 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Crosscheck wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
You guys (Cross & 1980) can try to justify GOP idiocy by saying "both sides do it" all you want. It doesn't change the fact that radical right wing rhetoric is, at this time part of the mainstream in a far bigger way than left wing rhetoric. Paul Ryan made a speech to the RNC that even Fox News called incredibly dishonest.

So I assume you've read the AP fact check of the first night of the DNC right?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html
OK, so both sides do lie and exaggerate.

Quote:
Chuck Norris says re-election will lead to "1000 years of darkness". Rush Limbaugh calls a grad student looking to have the pill covered "a prostitute". Todd Akon... not much needs to be said there.
I don't see both sides doing that shit. I see one.

“The worst possible allies for the Jewish state are the fundamentalist Christians who want Jews to die and convert"
~Mark Alan Siegel, the Palm Beach County Democrat Chairman

"They lie and they don't care if people think they lie. Joseph Goebbels . It's the big lie, you keep repeating it."
~ John Burton chairman of the California delegation on Paul Ryan

Yes, both, sides, do, it.

Oh yeas, you got me there! Palm Beach County Chair! Chairman of the "delegation on Paul Ryan! Wow, what heavy hitters! Just as impressive as a US Senate candidate, the right's unofficial media mouthpiece, and the GOP VP candidate, in fact, even more representative of the left! Why, your examples come from such varied parts of the country as California AND Palm Beach! Just wow!

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:22 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I just got that you mean the California delegation, not the delegation on Paul Ryan. However, I would have to argue that the right's media DOES in fact repeat the big lies over and over. "Obama's a radical!" Total bullshit. "He was born in Kenya!" "He's a Muslim". Just keep repeating it and it becomes reality to people despite demonstrable proof otherwise.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
I just got that you mean the California delegation, not the delegation on Paul Ryan. However, I would have to argue that the right's media DOES in fact repeat the big lies over and over. "Obama's a radical!" Total bullshit. "He was born in Kenya!" "He's a Muslim". Just keep repeating it and it becomes reality to people despite demonstrable proof otherwise.

The media does that? Even the most right wing outlets like Fox News or WSJ don't say those things...well maybe that he's radical, but not the personal stuff.
Crazy guys on freerepublic don't count as the media.
Just as the crazy guys on KOS don't count as the media.

For every right wing outlet that does toe the RNC line, there are 2 for the DNC. How many major news outlets have been complete lap dogs for the President and his policies for the last 4 years?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 pm 
Hart Winner

Crosscheck wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

The media does that? Even the most right wing outlets like Fox News or WSJ don't say those things...well maybe that he's radical, but not the personal stuff.
Crazy guys on freerepublic don't count as the media.
Just as the crazy guys on KOS don't count as the media.

For every right wing outlet that does toe the RNC line, there are 2 for the DNC. How many major news outlets have been complete lap dogs for the President and his policies for the last 4 years?

I do also remember John Stewart ripping apart Steve Ducey when he agreed with Trump about Obama's birth certificate.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Either way I look forward to fist-bumping Chuck Norris in hell. God hates idols. There's some rocks that say so.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 pm 
Star Sniper

Displaced Fan wrote:
Dude what the fuck? This is the batshit crazy stuff that makes me hate Rebublicans. I mean come on.

And then you say...

"haha....Im not angry at all..."

Maybe you better choose your wording more carefully then, girl.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:42 pm 
Superstar Goalie

See what you want in that. And you go girl is just a saying, but see what you want in that too.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:01 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Crosscheck wrote:

Were that true, The Affordable Care Measure, designed after Romney's Massachusetts plan, would not be universally called "Obamacare".

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

And yes, if you count Fox News as the media, they most certainly do say he wasn't born in America.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

Were that true, The Affordable Care Measure, designed after Romney's Massachusetts plan, would not be universally called "Obamacare".

No, there's a long history of that...remember "Hillarycare"?

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Both Hilliarycare and Obamacare were/are media putdowns that belittle the policies and contain a not-so-veiled hint that those two overstepped their bounds and took on tyrannical power to write them. Not too coincidental then that both Hillary and Obama are political "minorities". There's definitely some "who does this uppity bitch/negro think she/he is?" going on with those terms.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Crosscheck wrote:

Hyperbole in the highest order. Bravo.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:57 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Both Hilliarycare and Obamacare were/are media putdowns that belittle the policies and contain a not-so-veiled hint that those two overstepped their bounds and took on tyrannical power to write them. Not too coincidental then that both Hillary and Obama are political "minorities". There's definitely some "who does this uppity bitch/negro think she/he is?" going on with those terms.

OK
So what is it when they call it Romneycare?

That uppity rich white dude...it's a dog whistle. :roll:

Squanto wrote:
Hyperbole in the highest order. Bravo.

What do you call MSNBC, CNN, the NYT or LA Times?
Chris Mathews has a tingle going up his leg that's telling him it's not hyperbole.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next