It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:36 am 
Glad I screwed up and had Huet playing instead of Smith. Though Smith played and Huet didn't, Smith fell in a 6-2 loss....glad that wasn't added to the stats. ;)

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:03 pm 
how is that the league is showing me as beating Woz 3-0 when he is clearly winning?

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:05 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

that will hurt your GAA though.

i know i need to make some moves to make my team better but im still trying to figure out what those moves are?

any way, whos going to be the the steve mason this year. He was great for me last year in fantasy.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 pm 
Cup Winner

Wozniak wrote:

i know i need to make some moves to make my team better but im still trying to figure out what those moves are?

any way, whos going to be the the steve mason this year. He was great for me last year in fantasy.

How was he great last year?

I also added two more players to my roster, another goalie so I can bench Toskala, and since he had a good game.

Rinne of Nashville, and I still needed another decent goalie.

I also added another center, who I was going to watch because of a teammate he is going to be playing alongside which should help his stats. I had him on my watch list, and after his performance the other ngiht I jumped on it, since you can drop any player at anytime.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Wozniak wrote:

I also added two more players to my roster, another goalie so I can bench Toskala, and since he had a good game.

I also added another center, who I was going to watch because of a teammate he is going to be playing alongside which should help his stats. I had him on my watch list, and after his performance the other ngiht I jumped on it, since you can drop any player at anytime.

Steve Mason...the goalie on Columbus who kind of came of nowhere and won 33 last year. He was a good pick up for me last year.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:02 pm 
Cup Winner

Wozniak wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Wozniak wrote:

Steve Mason...the goalie on Columbus who kind of came of nowhere and won 33 last year. He was a good pick up for me last year.

My Bad, I was thinking Chris Mason was him and Steve was the other one.

I get my Mason's mixed up.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:24 pm 
Watch your heels Woz I'm stalking your ass ninja style!! Practicing the art of closing the gap.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

im not worried.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 pm 
Wozniak wrote:
im not worried.

good, I like my prey to feel comfy...want a soda or a pillow whilst I sneak up on you Predator style covered in mud poised to take the win? :lol:

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:31 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Except for a healthy licking on opening night, I've owned my matchup with SabresinDC since day two :D

Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Displaced Fan wrote:
Wozniak wrote:
im not worried.

good, I like my prey to feel comfy...want a soda or a pillow whilst I sneak up on you Predator style covered in mud poised to take the win? :lol:

:lol: nice.

next monday the frist week of games will be done. they extended the first week due to a short week last week.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:11 am 
Cup Winner

I was winning like 3-0, then losing 6-2, and last I checked I was up 5-4. thanks to the amazing goal scoring of OV.

And somehow all of her goalies really suck then.

Rud wrote:

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:41 pm 
This has been one hell of a start for me. First Elias is hurt, then Markov gets injured...then Franzen...Now D. Sedin. Not gonna win much with this kind of luck.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:09 pm 
Cup Winner

If I wasn't away during the weekend I'd had another goal and some extra points, but I never got to a computer to switch some of my starting lineups around. But I'm good until next week.

Rud wrote:

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:55 pm 
I am getting my ass kicked in fantasy hockey. Players on my team are dropping like flies and people who were cash cows last year are flopping sadly this year...grrrr

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:56 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I got Woz this week. It's gonna be an epic battle. Can't believe I went 8-3-1 last week

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 pm 
Cup Winner

Displaced Fan wrote:
I am getting my ass kicked in fantasy hockey. Players on my team are dropping like flies and people who were cash cows last year are flopping sadly this year...grrrr

I have an amazing offense with OV, Heatley, and Stamkos is doing great, and I hope Datsyuk picks it up, same with Alfredsson. Dubinsky is a surprise pickup for me, and my defense is getting good shots, Scotty N, and Wideman are shooting alot for me. And with Pronger and PIMs.

And Having Matt Carle to help put up some points, and lets hope Lidstrom gets some more points.

Imagine a team with Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, Pronger, Wideman, Bogosian, and Carle.

Rud wrote:

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I'm pretty pleased with my team, but my defense is something I'll be tweaking this week. I've already played with my forwards. My goalies need some work though.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:57 pm 
Cup Winner

I don't think I have a single goalie I drafted on my team right now. I've tweaked offense and defense alittle bit.

I dropped Boytnon and Myers and got Carle, he has some good offense from him right now.

I overhauled goalie, since Toskala was going to get me destroyed in every goalie category, I think Chris Mason is the only goalie on my team I drafted.

Dan Ellis will be fine, if he gets good playing time, and hopefully Jose Theodore does well, so far he's not terrible bu not good.

Chris Mason is going to be fine also, has decent numbers.

Rud wrote:

Wozniak
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:52 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

i have 3 starting goalies and 2 that are fighting for the starting job (or at least should be). i picked up Nemi from chicago who should be a starter when huet looses the starting job....again:D