It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:38 pm 
Cup Winner

Well if they were willing to accept the trades since they gave up why not? Statsny has been bad but getting doughty was awesome.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:59 pm 
PP Quarterback

It's ok, but I won't play again under these circumstances because there is no fun in it if I can make those trades.
I love playing games but I don't wanna use my time for games that aren't played properly

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:05 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabretoothpick wrote:
It's ok, but I won't play again under these circumstances because there is no fun in it if I can make those trades.
I love playing games but I don't wanna use my time for games that aren't played properly

Next season we should get a group of us who really follow the league and make like a ten-twelve person group. That way everyone has a good goalie and isn't assed out from the gate. We should start hashing out ideas to improve it and what not too like adding hits and blocked shots. With only 10-12 people trades like that won't happen and it will be more competitive. Some teams this year sucked so bad from day one that at least 6-8 people just quit. Sucks when you get two back up goalies and know you will lose 4-5 stats each week and need to dominate the offense just to float.

Honestly I'm surprised more people didn't make these trades.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm 
Cup Winner

I agree too DF. I'm sure somewhere in the draft you could make it where everyone needs to draft a goalie first round or something right away.

20 teams was too much, especially with autodrafting on some teams, which really hurt people's chances.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:31 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I agree too DF. I'm sure somewhere in the draft you could make it where everyone needs to draft a goalie first round or something right away.

20 teams was too much, especially with autodrafting on some teams, which really hurt people's chances.

I think I got Brian Eliott and Some back up goalie that ended up being sent to the farm team and had to trade away to get good goalies. I was tempted to bag it but I had Sedin and a few other good players. A league with like 6-10 players would be good. Maybe a bigger one for "fun" but if anyone is like me, I check in on my team daily and watch a shit ton of hockey to keep tabs on my players. It would be more fun to have a more active league where everyone has a really even chance of things.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:39 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

a 10-12 team league would be more competitive for sure, it would probably make for a more active trading market as well. I would have loved to make more moves, but when you only really have at the most 4 or 5 really good players, it's hard to make moves. Overall I had fun, but I'm biased. The 20 person league would have been stupid fun if everybody was active. :(

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:52 pm 
Cup Winner

Displaced Fan wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

I think I got Brian Eliott and Some back up goalie that ended up being sent to the farm team and had to trade away to get good goalies. I was tempted to bag it but I had Sedin and a few other good players. A league with like 6-10 players would be good. Maybe a bigger one for "fun" but if anyone is like me, I check in on my team daily and watch a shit ton of hockey to keep tabs on my players. It would be more fun to have a more active league where everyone has a really even chance of things.

Yea same here. I check on my team and players also.

Rud wrote:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:06 pm 
Cup Winner

In the finals bitches, and all without Crosby the last few months.

Thank god for good goaltending from Niemi basically.

Rud wrote:

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Damn my offense for shitting out on me, and Damn you baby hawks for having people who knew how to score! :) I would have loved to take the best record and win the league, but with all the injuries I picked up, and my inability to find scorers, I had no chance.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:27 am 
Superstar Goalie

What a wonderful time to shit the bed Crawford and Quick. I mean...both of you in the same week decide to forget how to tend net? Grrr. Then they bounce back the next week like nothing happened but succeeded in knocking me out in the first round.

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:33 pm 
More Heart Than Skill

OK, so we're talking about getting a SJ league going, and this is my first foray into fantasy hockey, so I read up a little (there's not nearly as much info as for fantasy football) and tried a mock draft. This was a 12 team league, with 2 centers, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 Defense, 2 Goalies and 4 bench spots. Here's what I got selecting 2nd (snake draft):

1. Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW)
2. Jarome Iginla (Cgy - RW)
3. Patrick Kane (Chi - RW)
4. Jonathan Quick (LA - G)
5. Drew Doughty (LA - D)
6. Paul Stastny (Col - C)
7. Christian Ehrhoff (Buf - D)
8. Dwayne Roloson (TB - G)
9. Brenden Morrow (Dal - LW)
10. Jason Spezza (Ott - C)
11. Cam Fowler (Anh - D)
12. Kimmo Timonen (Phi - D)
13. Roman Hamrlik (Was - D)
14. Victor Hedman (TB - D)
15. Tyler Seguin (Bos - C)
16. Patrik Elias (NJ - LW)

Just a little easier to see the team makeup this way:

C - Paul Stastny (Col)
C - Jason Spezza (Ott)
LW - Alex Ovechkin (Was)
LW - Brenden Morrow (Dal)
RW - Jarome Iginla (Cgy)
RW - Patrick Kane (Chi)
D - Drew Doughty (LA)
D - Christian Ehrhoff (Buf)
D - Cam Fowler (Ana)
D - Kimmo Timonen (Phi)
G - Jonathan Quick (LA)
G - Dwayne Roloson (TB)

Bn - Roman Hamrlik (Was - D)
Bn - Victor Hedman (TB - D)
Bn - Tyler Seguin (Bos - C)
Bn - Patrick Elias (NJ - LW)

I didn't get the quality centers that I hoped, but thought I did well with my goaltenders for where I took them. Defense is a little questionable, but I have some good depth there. Took Seguin in case he blows up on a good team. They'll probably give him a little more responsibility this season. Elias was another gamble. If Fowler tanks I can plug in Hamrlik or Hedman. I'm strong on RW, but don't have any reserves, so a trade that includes a RW for a RW might be able to shore up a weak spot. What do you guys think?

Ham