It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 am 
Superstar Goalie

Hey guys. I'm in a tight race now, currently in third and I'm thinking of making some changes. For goalies I have Halak, Thomas and Bryzie. Bryzie has gone 3 for 8 in the last month so I was thinking of either dropping him or maybe picking up a forward. I would like to boost my goals, plus minus, penalty minutes and shot on goal if I drop a goalie. Will Bryz turn this around down the stretch?

Available Goalies: Ward, Vokoun, Elliot

Available Forwards: Selanne, Spezza, Pacioretty(been great the last month), Justin Williams (been really good over a few stats lately)

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I've never played fantasy hockey, so my opinion will probably be useless. I will say this though, Ward is a good goalie on a pretty bad team. If everything is about wins and loses for goalies, I'd maybe avoid him, but if other factors like save% and shots faced matter, he plays a ton and puts up pretty good numbers.

I know Ottawa has cooled off a lot lately but Spezza seems like a no-brainer on the front end. He's gonna get more top line minutes with better players in Alfredson and Mikalek than the others (Selanne doesn't play on Anaheim's top line), he'll get the most powerplay time of them all, and I'd say that combined with the fact that he's a tremendous offensive talent means he'll score more points than the others.