It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
Hey guys, I play in a recreational floor hockey league 3v3 w/goalies in a small gym at the Rochester YMCA on Wednesday nights. I'm a goalie and for the longest time have been using the provided leg pads (Reebok pads like this that are very small, but lightweight.http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=SGKXP4)

I picked up a set of Reebok 28" Jr. 2k pads at the Play it Again Sports and after trying them on and really trying to go in the butterfly, I decided to return them and I ordered a bigger Senior set like these - http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Reebok_2K_Street_Goalie_Leg_Pads_Sr_2012/descpage-RL2KS.html. The only problem is that the 32" were way too big, too bulky, and hard to move around in. The 28" ones were somewhat the same way.

I've tried used ice hockey pads and they're way too heavy and bulky.

Can anyone help me with picking out a new set? I plan on sending the 32" pair back. I want something simple, lightweight, and not too bulky. They don't have to even move around my leg into the butterfly. I was thinking of these:

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Mylec_7000_Series_Ultra_Lite_Goalie_Leg_Pads_Jr_Yth/descpage-M7LPJ.html

Or...

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Tour_400_Goalie_Leg_Pads/descpage-G201.html

Again, I was looking at something just really basic, light, and easy to use as I hate being restricted. I plan on using the old kid's leg pads for my ball hockey tournament the next few weeks. I actually play better with those than the bigger pads.

Thanks!

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:43 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:11 am
Posts: 2864
Location: Chicago
i have a pair of Tour pads, they're nice really nice and light. The other thing to look at is a pair of mylec pads. they're cheap and made for street hockey.

_________________
Check out my website: http://www.artistzero.com

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 am 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
A guy I play with is going to bring his 27" and 32" old-school Mylecs like this - http://www.amazon.com/Mylec-Floor-Hockey-Goalie-Pads/dp/images/B0042SX3IM

I figured this will give me a better idea of sizes and another style of pads.

Also, my price range is right around $100.

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
this might be out of your price range, but my eagle fusions are just collecting dust. id let them go at 150, 200 with the blocker.

they are a pro custom pad, and still in outstanding condition. just puck marks on them basically. pretty light too. again, those are ice pads, but they would work in floor hockey.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
READ THE THREAD, MIKE!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 am 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
If I ever get into ice hockey and am looking for pads, I'll be buying those pads lol.

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:39 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
id love for them to find a new home. they were great pads for me. i LOVE my TPS pads, but i only plan on using them for a few seasons, and than im buying PASSAUs.

though, and im a bauer hater, the new reactors look SWEET. im curious how theyll hold up though. the vertical bar is cut for more movement in the knee.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
I finally got some new leg pads:

Image

They are junior and 29" but I got them on sale for only $48.00 brand new. They feel really comfortable compared to the other I tried on and fit my style better too. They're lighter than I expected them to be and I can't wait to try them out this Wednesday!

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
single break with exposed price strapping. hows the landing gear on those?

if you get bored on facebook, look at the group goalie gear sluts united. holy shit, i spend HOURS on that group, looking at pads, masturbating to said pads.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 am 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
It's not bad. It's all that I really need for floor hockey. I was looking for something smaller and didn't want to be "that guy" with the huge pads who just sits there and stops shots.

I played with them last week for the first time and I loved them. Stopped 42 of 44 shots which is really really good in our league that sees scores from 5 to 15 per game. The knee pads are pretty solid. I was thinking about adding something to the inside of the pads so that I can slide around better. I read on a forum somewhere that guys would put duct tape on the insides and then attach the female side of Velcro to the duct tape.

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
Ryan911T wrote:
It's not bad. It's all that I really need for floor hockey. I was looking for something smaller and didn't want to be "that guy" with the huge pads who just sits there and stops shots.

I played with them last week for the first time and I loved them. Stopped 42 of 44 shots which is really really good in our league that sees scores from 5 to 15 per game. The knee pads are pretty solid. I was thinking about adding something to the inside of the pads so that I can slide around better. I read on a forum somewhere that guys would put duct tape on the insides and then attach the female side of Velcro to the duct tape.


try rollerflys. they are plastic that you strap to your pads with ball bearings in them. plays like ice. im gonna get some, i think.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 pm 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
^ I was thinking of the slide plates or something similar like rollerflys, but we play on a finished wood floor like a regular gymnasium and hard stuff tends to scratch it up.

Aren't there like cloth pad covers out there that go over the entire leg pad; might that be a more viable solution?

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 pm 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
Thanks for all the help too!

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:11 am
Posts: 2864
Location: Chicago
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:
It's not bad. It's all that I really need for floor hockey. I was looking for something smaller and didn't want to be "that guy" with the huge pads who just sits there and stops shots.

I played with them last week for the first time and I loved them. Stopped 42 of 44 shots which is really really good in our league that sees scores from 5 to 15 per game. The knee pads are pretty solid. I was thinking about adding something to the inside of the pads so that I can slide around better. I read on a forum somewhere that guys would put duct tape on the insides and then attach the female side of Velcro to the duct tape.


try rollerflys. they are plastic that you strap to your pads with ball bearings in them. plays like ice. im gonna get some, i think.

my god do i want those

_________________
Check out my website: http://www.artistzero.com

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
Wozniak wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:
It's not bad. It's all that I really need for floor hockey. I was looking for something smaller and didn't want to be "that guy" with the huge pads who just sits there and stops shots.

I played with them last week for the first time and I loved them. Stopped 42 of 44 shots which is really really good in our league that sees scores from 5 to 15 per game. The knee pads are pretty solid. I was thinking about adding something to the inside of the pads so that I can slide around better. I read on a forum somewhere that guys would put duct tape on the insides and then attach the female side of Velcro to the duct tape.


try rollerflys. they are plastic that you strap to your pads with ball bearings in them. plays like ice. im gonna get some, i think.

my god do i want those


roller is very hard for me, because i shuffle. front skate down, back foot pushing. i dont use T push. so i struggle side to side. rollerflys would be swift for me to do butterfly pushes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:59 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
Ryan911T wrote:
^ I was thinking of the slide plates or something similar like rollerflys, but we play on a finished wood floor like a regular gymnasium and hard stuff tends to scratch it up.

Aren't there like cloth pad covers out there that go over the entire leg pad; might that be a more viable solution?


might be, yeah. GO JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP! they can help you more than i can on this topic. jeff, you too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron