It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

gr8daygo
 Post subject: Any word on Goose?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:58 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Was at the game and saw Goose's failed attempt at a fight... good to see him get physical, bad to see him get handled and most likely hurt... it looked like he was holding his hand as he went off the ice... any word on him at all? it would suck to loose the big guy and best face-off guy...

and by the way, not sure what you guys saw on TV, but Stafford and Butler didn't look good... at all

E X C E L L E N C E

mechaphil
 Post subject: Re: Any word on Goose?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Stafford only played like 8 minutes or so, I think...not surprised why.

I hope Goose isn't too badly injured :(

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 am 
Page Side

He's got a broken hand. He must. Broke it throwing that first punch. That's why he had to turtle.

He'll be out for a few weeks.

Darcy needs to bring up fucking Ennis, or make a god damned move. I'm sick of this bull shit.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:32 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Well we need someone who can kick some ass... Im not condoning fighting, but we need someone to beat the hell out of someone when need be... it looked like goose got his hand pretty good... went real hard to the ice too! Is Ennis a big dude? Wasn't he a healthy scratch tonight, thought I heard his name at the start?

Stafford made at least two god awful plays, one leading directly to a goal... and played weak from what I saw.... Butler can't keep a puck in on the point to save his life.... and I love seeing Patty hit everything around.... and a Malocci (spelling) Crunch on Malkin was GREAT!

E X C E L L E N C E

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:34 am 
Page Side

gr8daygo wrote:
Well we need someone who can kick some ass... Im not condoning fighting, but we need someone to beat the hell out of someone when need be... it looked like goose got his hand pretty good... went real hard to the ice too! Is Ennis a big dude? Wasn't he a healthy scratch tonight, thought I heard his name at the start?

Stafford made at least two god awful plays, one leading directly to a goal... and played weak from what I saw.... Butler can't keep a puck in on the point to save his life.... and I love seeing Patty hit everything around.... and a Malocci (spelling) Crunch on Malkin was GREAT!

Ennis is tiny. Insert Ellis and bench Stafford or MacArthur and let Ennis play.

I'm just so fucking sick of not having a pure goal scorer on this team.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:35 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yea I think he meant to type Ellis. Ellis isn't a bruiser, either. Our two bruisers are on the farm, and both of 'em are injured.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:38 am 
Page Side

mechaphil wrote:
Yea I think he meant to type Ellis. Ellis isn't a bruiser, either. Our two bruisers are on the farm, and both of 'em are injured.

Nah I meant Ennis.

Ellis will come in to replace Goose, but I want Ennis to come in to replace somebody else.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:39 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Oh right, I thought something else.

But yea, I want to see Ennis up here, too. Kid's got a fire inside.

Rud
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:44 am 
Superstar Goalie

mechaphil wrote:
Stafford only played like 8 minutes or so, I think...not surprised why.

He obviously had to leave early and catch a plane.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 am 
Mrs. Miller

Goose getting hurt was just a ploy to get Darcy to make some moves tomorrow.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 am 
Franchise Defenseman

fly as hale wrote:
Goose getting hurt was just a ploy to get Darcy to make some moves tomorrow.

I hope Quinn takes takes the cuffs off and lets Darcy do something... he really needs to! This team just doesn't play inspired hockey... there is just something missing.... Im not saying they need to revamp everything... but Stafford is playing like a wuss.... Butler scares me.... I barely saw Vanek tonight... whats the deal...

Remember when Darcy brought in Dougy Gilmore and Joey somebody who I forgot now and god its been soooo long since Darcy made fun deadline moves that I can barely remember them now... but he used to do a lot more... then Quinn and the cap got here and so did Darcy's handcuffs....

E X C E L L E N C E

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 am 
Franchise Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:
Oh right, I thought something else.

But yea, I want to see Ennis up here, too. Kid's got a fire inside.

OK, so sit Staff... play Ennis.... but who do we have to replace goose and kick some ass.... and is there anyone we can replace Butler with for a few games? please... he bothered me tonight...

E X C E L L E N C E

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:53 am 
Superstar Goalie

Goose update:

"Gaustad out at least a week" as per Vogl.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/201 ... -week.html

"Paul Gaustad, injured during a fight in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night, will miss at least a week with an upper-body injury.

The center stopped fighting against the Penguins' Mike Rupp, lost the tussle and immediately went to the dressing room cradling his right arm.

"He's been looked at, and he'll miss at least a week," coach Lindy Ruff said this morning after the Sabres practiced for tonight's game against Washington.

Gaustad is the Sabres' top faceoff man, and Ruff said Derek Roy will assume most of Gaustad's duties at crucial times of the game.

---John Vogl"

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 pm 
Superstar Goalie

goddamit, already? Fuck me!

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Boxers Fracture, it's a broken bone right below the pinkey knuckle, comes from throwing a bad punch and connecting with the lower two knuckles on the hand.

I know, because I've had 3 of them :lol:

Takes about a week for swelling to go down, then about another 2 to heal completely. Dr. Feel-Good is your friend.

Squanto 7/27/2010

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 pm 
Superstar Goalie

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Boxers Fracture, it's a broken bone right below the pinkey knuckle, comes from throwing a bad punch and connecting with the lower two knuckles on the hand.

Takes about a week for swelling to go down, then about another 2 to heal completely. Dr. Feel-Good is your friend.

Same. Broke mine in a game. Only I got tripped up infront of the net and landed on my hand wrong. 2 Hr surgery and 2 steel pins later + cast for 5 weeks was not fun. :(

Maybe Rayzor can dress for a game or two! Lord knows he can't be any worse than what we have! :lol:

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

AudSabres wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

Same. Broke mine in a game. Only I got tripped up infront of the net and landed on my hand wrong. 2 Hr surgery and 2 steel pins later + cast for 5 weeks was not fun. :(

Maybe Rayzor can dress for a game or two! Lord knows he can't be any worse than what we have! :lol:

I broke mine once punching a utility box, once punching a drunk in a bar, and once while doing MMA training

Squanto 7/27/2010

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm 
Superstar Goalie

jvaccaro6 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

I broke mine once punching a utility box, once punching a drunk in a bar, and once while doing MMA training

2/3 involving someone else's face/body? Least you can brag about how they were endured J :P . Some see the surgical scar on my hand and when I tell them how it happened, they get a pretty good :lol: out of it. I do as well though, lol

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

GAUSTAD TO MISS AT LEAST A WEEK
Wednesday, 03.03.2010 / 12:17 PM / News
Paul Gaustad will miss at least a week with an upper body injury, according to Head Coach Lindy Ruff.

The centerman was hurt in Tuesday’s 3-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins during an altercation with Mike Rupp late in the game.

Ruff did not say who would replace Gaustad in the lineup, opting to make it a game-time decision. It’s possible that Matt Ellis could be reinstated at center, or Ruff could push defensemen Steve Montador, Andrej Sekera or even Nathan Paetsch up front in his absence - as he has done in the past when short-handed.

One area he will be missed is on the draw. Gaustad leads the team with a 59.5 faceoff percentage.

“Someone is going to have to pick up the slack,” Ruff said. “Derek Roy’s percentage in the last five, six games has gone way up so he’ll become a real key faceoff guy for us.”

The Sabres will dress an extra defenseman during warmups prior to Wednesday’s match-up with the Washington Capitals. Gametime is 7 p.m. at HSBC Arena.

To hear all of Ruff’s comments on the match-up

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id= ... %20English

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm 
Cup Winner

jvaccaro6 wrote:

I think I did that once before punching a kid in the head.

Both of my two lower knuckles were basically black and couldn't move them at all without alot of pain.

Never had it checked out but I know I did something to my hand.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.