It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:52 am 
Franchise Defenseman

May as well have a thread here for updates on the current injuries...

Vanek - shouldn't be held out long?
Timmy - bruised foot... shouldn't be out long?
Patty - "upper body injury", no clue on time frame?
Torres - i guess he's hurt?... not sure when he'll be back...lol

E X C E L L E N C E

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:54 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

From what I can tell, Vanek and Connolly should be back fairly soon, Kaleta could have aggravated his old neck injury, and who the hell knows about Torres.

If Kaleta keeps getting injured like he does, I don't see him in the league in two or three years.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:57 am 
Franchise Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:
From what I can tell, Vanek and Connolly should be back fairly soon, Kaleta could have aggravated his old neck injury, and who the hell knows about Torres.

If Kaleta keeps getting injured like he does, I don't see him in the league in two or three years.

that would be a shame, because I really like what Patty brings to the ice... and it's always good to see a home town boy do well! wonder if they can come up with an NHL HANS device, lol.... and do we have anyone in the system that could match Patty's game?

E X C E L L E N C E

Maestro
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 pm 
Career AHL'er

http://www.sabrespace.com/buffalo-sabre ... -injuries/

Bill Hoppe on the injuries. It doesn't seem Connolly or Vanek are too serious. In fact, according to this article, it said Connolly got hurt on a recent road trip. I figured he injured his foot at home against Ottawa.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:24 pm 
Cup Winner

gr8daygo wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

that would be a shame, because I really like what Patty brings to the ice... and it's always good to see a home town boy do well! wonder if they can come up with an NHL HANS device, lol.... and do we have anyone in the system that could match Patty's game?

They have them, most players don't like to wear one as it constricts head movement.

Well they have things to help protect the neck at least.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:09 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Maestro wrote:
http://www.sabrespace.com/buffalo-sabres/article/connolly-kaleta-and-vanek-all-sidelined-by-injuries/

Bill Hoppe on the injuries. It doesn't seem Connolly or Vanek are too serious. In fact, according to this article, it said Connolly got hurt on a recent road trip. I figured he injured his foot at home against Ottawa.

That writer is correct - TC bruised his foot pretty badly blocking a shot with it during the SE Division road trip. He figured he was OK to go, but aggravated it during practice, I think. With both he and Vanek, I'm pretty certain that this is just a precautionary measure by Lindy to keep them healthy and heal up these little dings so they're ready for the playoffs in a few weeks.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Kaleta has thumb surgery, out a minimum of 2 weeks.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/201 ... aleta.html

Hockey Night in Buffalo

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

OK, so that means pretty much every injury is low impact. Kaleta still looks like the longest out, and he can still be back in time for the playoffs.

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
OK, so that means pretty much every injury is low impact. Kaleta still looks like the longest out, and he can still be back in time for the playoffs.

According to Si.com Kaleta is having surgery on his thumb and will mis the remainder of the season, how long past that he is out is only speculation im assuming.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

According to Si.com Kaleta is having surgery on his thumb and will mis the remainder of the season, how long past that he is out is only speculation im assuming.

Exactly why I think he'll be back in time for the playoffs.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:03 pm 
PP Quarterback

Vanek talks about his injury in his blog without telling anything new :roll:

Quote:
I can’t really talk too much about my injury and how long it’s gonna take, so I have to ask for your understanding here. With only 2 weeks to go before the playoffs nobody wants to offer the opponents the exact location of an injury. That’s why I have to be vague – just like everybody else in my situation. My injury is “lower body”, but I don’t feel too bad, though I will have to sit out a few games. I’m pretty optimistic though that I’ll be fully restored for the post season. It all happened during the second period in our game against Tampa when I was on the forecheck.

That’s all for now – I’m off to get my therapy. Keep crossing your fingers, so we’ll also take the division!

hamburglaxstar23
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:14 pm 
Rink Rat

I hope Patty is back for the playoffs almost moreso than timmy or vanek because patty just brings so much energy to the whole team. Not to mention the rest of the team seems to follow him on the physical side of things.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:35 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

hamburglaxstar23 wrote:
I hope Patty is back for the playoffs almost moreso than timmy or vanek because patty just brings so much energy to the whole team. Not to mention the rest of the team seems to follow him on the physical side of things.

so you would rather have physicality then goal scoring?

seriously? sure, kaleta brings some energy and a physical game, unfortunately that is all he brings. last i checked, that doesnt win hockey games.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:50 pm 
Hart Winner

I hate how people try to go after Patty. He hits clean. It's not like he's a Neil. I know it happens and you can't stop that but they try to attack him every game it's ridiculous.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:14 am 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
I hate how people try to go after Patty. He hits clean. It's not like he's a Neil. I know it happens and you can't stop that but they try to attack him every game it's ridiculous.

kaleta is hardly a clean hitter. maybe not entirely dirty hits but they arent exactly the cleanest hits in the world. he gets right to the line of clean and dirty and has crossed it a couple times. fans of every team think their "enforcer" or "goon" plays a clean game and that everyone else is dirty.

when did another team try to take kaleta out of the game? and what would be the point? hes not exactly an offensive powerhouse.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:26 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

Update:
Kaleta back skating in non-contact mode and Ruff expects Timmy and Vanek possibly later this week

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=524017

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:45 pm 
Page Side

Crosscheck wrote:
Update:
Kaleta back skating in non-contact mode and Ruff expects Timmy and Vanek possibly later this week

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=524017

Thank goodness.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:57 pm 
Hart Winner

Wozniak wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

kaleta is hardly a clean hitter. maybe not entirely dirty hits but they arent exactly the cleanest hits in the world. he gets right to the line of clean and dirty and has crossed it a couple times. fans of every team think their "enforcer" or "goon" plays a clean game and that everyone else is dirty.

when did another team try to take kaleta out of the game? and what would be the point? hes not exactly an offensive powerhouse.

The only reason people think Kaleta's hits are dirty are because he hits very hard. He hardly hits dirty and when he does it's an accident... A hit can't be a clean/dirty hit it's one or the other.

Plus, I didn't mean they tried taking Kaleta out of the game, they try fighting him and it gets serious sometimes. Every time he lays a hit the other team tries punching him. Probably why he is injury prone now.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Wozniak wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

The LA Kings' Gaulthier comes IMMEDIATELY to mind.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 am 
Page Side

I'm starting to get nervous that they won't be back before the playoffs begin...