It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:27 pm 
Captain Clutch

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/concussion-for-stafford.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fsabres+%28Sabres+Edge%29&utm_content=Twitter

Quote:
"Drew’s not doing so well," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "He’s got a little bit of a concussion, and it looks like he’ll miss some time.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:30 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

sabresindc wrote:
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/concussion-for-stafford.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fsabres+%28Sabres+Edge%29&utm_content=Twitter

Quote:
"Drew’s not doing so well," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "He’s got a little bit of a concussion, and it looks like he’ll miss some time.

As much as I do not wish ill will on any Sabre, Stafford has happened to go out at the right time for the lineup that everyone has been calling for. Unfortunately, he also went out after he seemingly woke up.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 pm 
Captain Clutch

No doubt, he called it in recently and I really don't think it will affect us too much. I guess Gerbe gets to stay up for the first round

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 pm 
Power Forward

as far as him being out of the lineup...it will definitely be a good thing...we have plenty of depth to plug in there...we can only be better with him out of the line up.....lol

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

bigC24
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 am 
Two-Way Center

I never wish any harm upon any Sabre player... but if a player had to be injured, it might as well have been Stafford. We're better served by our younger players being in the lineup right now.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:49 am 
Franchise Defenseman

It keeps Ennis in the lineup, but it sucks to see him go down right before the playoffs.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:52 am 
Page Side

I don't know. Staffords size would have been useful in the playoffs.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I feel horrible for Staff, because now he's going to miss most of the playoff run, if not all. That has to suck. I know I would be crushed.

However, it's probably a good thing for the team.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:22 pm 
Hart Winner

I feel for Stafford. It's good timing. It looked like a headshot...

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:23 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

I still think it was a bush league hit, and Sutton should get his face smashed. He started out by going for a hip check, saw Staffords head was down while gaining possession of the puck, and rose up to strike him. He could have taken him out of the play with a hip check, to me it's intent to injure, even though it was a clean hit. I hope Sutton gets bush leagued like that soon.

Squanto 7/27/2010

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:26 pm 
Hart Winner

jvaccaro6 wrote:
I still think it was a bush league hit, and Sutton should get his face smashed. He started out by going for a hip check, saw Staffords head was down while gaining possession of the puck, and rose up to strike him. He could have taken him out of the play with a hip check, to me it's intent to injure, even though it was a clean hit. I hope Sutton gets bush leagued like that soon.

:banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope: :banana-linedance: :banana-ninja: :banana-parachute: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-skier: :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-yeahthat: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyredfire: :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :happy-bouncyyellow: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbup:

Good post!

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:54 pm 
Penalty Killer

Any update on Stafford?