It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
fly as hale
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:41 pm 
Mrs. Miller

I don't know about the rest of you...but I can't believe the team has only played 4 games. I want MOAR MOAR MOAR. I'm just dying to watch them every night. And unfortunately for me, I won't be able to watch them on Friday because I have to work. :( DVR delay just isn't the same...

Hockey Night in Buffalo

icehound
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm 
Star Sniper

Amen. As an old coach of mine used to say: "Show me 60 minutes, and I'll show you a game."

Shootout
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm 
Rink Rat

First off, i hope vanek gets healthy fast

Secondly, the girl on ESPN who kept saying TOEMAS VINEK needs to watch more hockey then just highlights for the 30 second spot hockey gets on Sports Center

Thirdly, Its time for Brad May to retire already. Sheesh

Fourth, The following is a short list of what Mike Greer Cannot Do:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:42 pm 
Cup Winner

jvaccaro6 wrote:
This is what I did expect from this team this year, go back and check the old boards if you dont believe me.

These guys are all hitting that 25-28 year old range, where they are hitting their primes (much like Drury and Briere were in 05-07) and should be putting up these numbers until about age 31 where they drop off a bit. Our defense is getting younger as well, but is exploding with talent. Chris Butler is the most under-rated player on this roster, and Myers is showing flashes of brilliance at a very young age.

This is going to be a very, very, very good team down the stretch. We may even win 50 games this year. I dont think beating Detroit 6-2 is a fluke. I think Detroit is still a solid team, but we out skated them for 60 minutes of hockey, and we got wins. The drive and work ethic is there, and the leaders on this team are stepping up. It's going to be a fun season.

Myers isn't just showing flashes of brilliance. He is showing blinding lights of brilliance.

Not once did I see him just fuck up during the Wings. He was a beast and very calm and collected. I can't wait until the day he wins the Norris, because he will someday without any doubt in my mind.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

JD1970
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:50 pm 
7th Defenseman

fly as hale wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you...but I can't believe the team has only played 4 games. I want MOAR MOAR MOAR. I'm just dying to watch them every night. And unfortunately for me, I won't be able to watch them on Friday because I have to work. :( DVR delay just isn't the same...

Cheer up, maybe you'll get the swine flu by friday.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:35 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:
This is what I did expect from this team this year, go back and check the old boards if you dont believe me.

These guys are all hitting that 25-28 year old range, where they are hitting their primes (much like Drury and Briere were in 05-07) and should be putting up these numbers until about age 31 where they drop off a bit. Our defense is getting younger as well, but is exploding with talent. Chris Butler is the most under-rated player on this roster, and Myers is showing flashes of brilliance at a very young age.

This is going to be a very, very, very good team down the stretch. We may even win 50 games this year. I dont think beating Detroit 6-2 is a fluke. I think Detroit is still a solid team, but we out skated them for 60 minutes of hockey, and we got wins. The drive and work ethic is there, and the leaders on this team are stepping up. It's going to be a fun season.

Myers isn't just showing flashes of brilliance. He is showing blinding lights of brilliance.

Not once did I see him just fuck up during the Wings. He was a beast and very calm and collected. I can't wait until the day he wins the Norris, because he will someday without any doubt in my mind.

I think we just have a differing opinion of "brilliance", he played an excellent game, but he still made a few mistakes. The tripping on the break away that resulted in the penalty shot, and drove a player into his goalie. Thats a mistake, he had a few turn overs, and a few bad choices. He was great...but not perfect.

His decision to take it up the ice, that led to the Kaleta rebound goal, was a flash of brilliance. Many rookies would have passed it away, trying to appear non-selfish, and he showed confidence, and showed his offensive prowess by taking it up the ice.

I agree he has been great thus far, but still makes a few mistakes, far fewer than most kids his age though.

Squanto 7/27/2010

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:41 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I'm probably higher on this kid than the rest of the forums, but yea I'll admit he makes mistakes. The broken play to try and stop Filppula is a glaring one, but he learns at an accelerated rate.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

You get exactly what I was saying Phil. He's going to be a GREAT player down the road, right now, he's just a good player, and he's not going to hit his prime for another 6 years or so...how good is he going to be down the road when he gets those NHL learning experiences? I think the sky is the limit for him.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:56 pm 
Cup Winner

mechaphil wrote:
I'm probably higher on this kid than the rest of the forums, but yea I'll admit he makes mistakes. The broken play to try and stop Filppula is a glaring one, but he learns at an accelerated rate.

The whole tripping penalty was him trying to knock the puck away, I applaud him for at least trying to knock it away when he realized I just need to dive for it, either Filppula was going to lose the puck or he was going to get called.

It was the right thing to do then to just let him walk in like that also.

I know he isn't perfect but no one ever is, OV, Malkin, and Crosby have giveaways and bad passes, but they geta break because they are a superstar. Myers is brilliant with the puck and without it.

He is one of those steals in a draft that we needed. I'm sure many teams are looking at him and thinking we could have had him. Especially after his WHL playoff showing.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:11 am 
Mrs. Miller

Precisely, Rob. :lol:

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:56 pm 
Star Sniper

I say; William Broad is looking like an old lesbian these days!!! :o

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6