It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 am 
Hart Winner

Wtf is he supposed to do? Trade Stafford and Connolly for Jesus and big bird? People expect Darcy to make a trade every fucking day. Give it a rest!

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 am 
Hart Winner

NHL transactions ARE NOT NHL11.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:18 am 
Star Sniper

slesh wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
Timbo Slice wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:
Were screwed. So who gets moved at the deadline now?

Connolly for sure, I would think. Montador and Grier, maybe?

I think they should aggressively try to sign Montador, he and Leopold make a solid top 4 pairing.

3.5 for each of 3 years would probably get it done.

Just trade Rivet for whatever you can get.

If you give Monty 3.5 mil for 3 years say goodbye to Myers or say goodbye to any hopes of having a successful rebuild of the forwards. We can't afford both. So this 3.5 mil number is not realistic.

Trade Monty at the deadline.

Umm yeah it is. Rivet makes 3.5 right now, so you let him walk replace him with Montador and promote a league entry guy like Weber to fill Rivet's current role and WHAMMY! The cap needed to keep Myers is there now with room to spare.

The Sabres do have other cap concerns like Pomminville.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:29 am 
Star Sniper

patkane88 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No way Montador gets offered $3.5M by anyone. We'll see $2.5, maybe $3 is someone is retarded.

lol fail, Scuderi got 3.5 when the cap ceiling was much lower. Scuderi is no Montador. he might even get 4, depending on the length of the contract. You're telling me that Tallinder and Leopold are as good or better than Montidor? lol

Saying Monty is going to get 4 mill means you're high or Montador's mother.

or just not thinking

Reading comprehension gentlemen, try to keep up.

1 year deal for 4 million.
2-3 year deal at 3.5 million each.
4-5 year deal at 3 million each.
6 year deal at 2.5 million each.

Give or take .5.

The longer the deal, the less the annual cap hit is.

I get that there is always going to be a pocket of fans who believe that they are entitled to watching a Stanley Cup champion every season and without paying much for it. The only thing stopping you guys from your dream is a little thing called unrestricted free agency. The GMs bid for the services of players, it's not just the Sabres and Montador's agent at the table. The Islanders would pay 3.5/year for Montador, so would about 7 other teams I can think of. Then you got a couple Stanley Cup contenders looking for a stop gap for one season. That's where the one year 4 million offer comes into play. Montador would not get the guaranteed long term security he deserves, but he could get some deep round playoff exposure that might up his value even more, for another summer of UFA bidding.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:38 am 
Captain Dynasty

X-pensfan wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No way Montador gets offered $3.5M by anyone. We'll see $2.5, maybe $3 is someone is retarded.

lol fail, Scuderi got 3.5 when the cap ceiling was much lower. Scuderi is no Montador. he might even get 4, depending on the length of the contract. You're telling me that Tallinder and Leopold are as good or better than Montidor? lol

I don't think it's a fail until I'm actually proven wrong, should that happen. Over their careers, yes, Tallinder and Leopold are both better than Montador. Both Tallinder and Leopold have played first or second pairing minutes their entire careers on good teams. Montador has been a third pair journeyman until he came to Buffalo and was matched up with Toni Lydman, and then Jordan Leopold, both of which are better players than Montador. Wait...you can't even spell the guy's name right, why the fuck are you even talking anyways?

Second, if you're going to call someone a failure, you might as well get your facts right. Scuderi's cap hit is $3.4M and his contract began in 2009-2010. The first year of Scuderi's contract was last season, when the cap was $56.8M compared to the $59.4M of this season. I don't know that you can call a $2.6M (5%) increase ($130,000 per player) "a lot."

Scuderi, Tallinder, and Leopold also had the benefit of being younger when they received their most recent contracts than Montador will be when he receives his next contract which will play a factor. Scuderi, Tallinder, and Leopold have also all proven they can log big minutes in the playoffs to a much greater extent than Mondator.

A Tallinder type contract isn't out of the question, but I think it's a long shot. And $4M is just retarded.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:43 am 
Hart Winner

Max I pay for Montador is 3 mill. That's a little too much, still. The guy was signed originally at 1 mill. For fucks sake! The guy got older at we're talking a 2 mill raise! Hell, you want to give him a 3 mill raise.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:45 am 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:
Max I pay for Montador is 3 mill. That's a little too much, still. The guy was signed originally at 1 mill. For fucks sake! The guy got older at we're talking a 2 mill raise! Hell, you want to give him a 3 mill raise.

Seriously, he'll be turning 32, with two seasons as a 3-6 guy and a relatively unimpressive playoff slate.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:48 am 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:55 am 
PP Quarterback

Sabretooth wrote:
but a trade is coming without question.

Attachments:
you_must_be_new.jpg
you_must_be_new.jpg [ 27.16 KiB | Viewed 4054 times ]

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:07 am 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:08 am 
Garbage Man

Edited.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:06 am 
Star Sniper

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

I don't think it's a fail until I'm actually proven wrong, should that happen. Over their careers, yes, Tallinder and Leopold are both better than Montador. Both Tallinder and Leopold have played first or second pairing minutes their entire careers on good teams. Montador has been a third pair journeyman until he came to Buffalo and was matched up with Toni Lydman, and then Jordan Leopold, both of which are better players than Montador. Wait...you can't even spell the guy's name right, why the fuck are you even talking anyways?

Second, if you're going to call someone a failure, you might as well get your facts right. Scuderi's cap hit is $3.4M and his contract began in 2009-2010. The first year of Scuderi's contract was last season, when the cap was $56.8M compared to the $59.4M of this season. I don't know that you can call a $2.6M (5%) increase ($130,000 per player) "a lot."

Scuderi, Tallinder, and Leopold also had the benefit of being younger when they received their most recent contracts than Montador will be when he receives his next contract which will play a factor. Scuderi, Tallinder, and Leopold have also all proven they can log big minutes in the playoffs to a much greater extent than Mondator.

A Tallinder type contract isn't out of the question, but I think it's a long shot. And $4M is just retarded.

The thing about UFA is that nobody seriously cares about what you did or didn't do throughout your career. This is why so many players coast in non-contract years. All the GMs care about is what you did this past year. Of course there are always going to be exceptions, but for the most UFA is all about how high the player built their value during the past season, and how many teams will bid for their services.

Scuderi went from 700k to 3.5 annual salary all because of some playoff exposure. I was stunned. Montadar going from 1.5 to 3.5 with a stand out regular season, is less than stunning, especially considering the fact that the ceiling is higher today.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:07 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

fan4life61 wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:
but a trade is coming without question.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:20 pm 
Captain Clutch

Sabretooth wrote:
Sorry to break the pessimistic pansies' thought process, but a trade is coming without question.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:33 pm 
Hart Winner

Sabretooth wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Wtf is he supposed to do? Trade Stafford and Connolly for Jesus and big bird? People expect Darcy to make a trade every fucking day. Give it a rest!

Darcy's job is to make trades. Everyone from ownership to us fans wants to see the team acquire players who can win, and he has had plenty opportunities in 13 years. He has made great trades years ago, but missed out on completing trades in recent years. Afinogenov, in 2009, had a plane ticket in hand to Denver, where he would join his new team, either Detroit or Colorado, but the deal did not go through as Darcy missed the deadline.

No, that's PART of his job. Darcy makes trades to the best he can. Raffi Torres and Dominic Moore were solid trades that really didn't work out, and nobody would have expected it not to. Face it. We can't make good trades with the squad we have and we can only sign solid yet no name players. NOT DARCY'S FAULT.

Gasoline
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:57 pm 
7th Defenseman

LOL @ WillyWonka

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:02 pm 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:10 pm 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:12 pm 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:47 pm 
Hart Winner

Sabretooth wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Darcy's job is to make trades. Everyone from ownership to us fans wants to see the team acquire players who can win, and he has had plenty opportunities in 13 years. He has made great trades years ago, but missed out on completing trades in recent years. Afinogenov, in 2009, had a plane ticket in hand to Denver, where he would join his new team, either Detroit or Colorado, but the deal did not go through as Darcy missed the deadline.

No, that's PART of his job. Darcy makes trades to the best he can. Raffi Torres and Dominic Moore were solid trades that really didn't work out, and nobody would have expected it not to. Face it. We can't make good trades with the squad we have and we can only sign solid yet no name players. NOT DARCY'S FAULT.

Yes, it is Darcy's fault to an extent.

Why make solid trades for injured fly by night players that do not work out in the first place? If you think that is the best anyone can do, you really need a labotomy.

You cannot be adding players outside the organization who are here for the remainder of the season and continue to depend on your "core players" when you allow holes and development problems to continue indefinitely. The line was drawn some time ago. You can only right the ship once.

If you are satisfied with losing, we applaud your opinion on Dumbass Darcy making the same moves each year, which are failures. If you want to win, you need to think rightly, which is thinking outside the box, for example yours truly.

I clearly stated Darcy cannot make trades with the current squad. Raffi Torres had the most goals on the Sabres when we got him. Not a bad idea. Moore was a leader on this team with 40 points when we got him and he was a solid 2 way player. He did the best he could with our overpriced squad. Expecting him to do more is being a complete jackass with no realization of how to be a GM. Who the fuck will take Connolly and Stafford? To get rid of those guys via trade we would be getting back nothing.

Last edited by BlueandYellow on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next