It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:24 pm 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Sabretooth wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Are you retarded? I clearly stated Darcy cannot make trades with the current squad. Raffi Torres had the most goals on the Sabres when we got him. Not a bad idea. Moore was a leader on this team with 40 points when we got him and he was a solid 2 way player. He did the best he could with our overpriced squad. Expecting him to do more is being a complete jackass with no realization of how to be a GM. Who the fuck will take Connolly and Stafford? To get rid of those guys via trade we would be getting back nothing.

No, but you are the one being a retard defending Dumbass Darcy. :lol:

Torres and Moore's stats have nothing to do prior to joining the Sabres. What they did here in their brief tenures were crap. Yes, we expected more of them, but not nothing.

Western Conference teams want Connolly and Stafford. We can get long term roster players for them.

If you have a problem still, let us discuss via PM.

So basically your position against Darcy is based on the fact that he traded for two players who were playing reasonably well, but just couldn't tell the future?

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:09 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Are you retarded? I clearly stated Darcy cannot make trades with the current squad. Raffi Torres had the most goals on the Sabres when we got him. Not a bad idea. Moore was a leader on this team with 40 points when we got him and he was a solid 2 way player. He did the best he could with our overpriced squad. Expecting him to do more is being a complete jackass with no realization of how to be a GM. Who the fuck will take Connolly and Stafford? To get rid of those guys via trade we would be getting back nothing.

No, but you are the one being a retard defending Dumbass Darcy. :lol:

Torres and Moore's stats have nothing to do prior to joining the Sabres. What they did here in their brief tenures were crap. Yes, we expected more of them, but not nothing.

Western Conference teams want Connolly and Stafford. We can get long term roster players for them.

If you have a problem still, let us discuss via PM.

So basically your position against Darcy is based on the fact that he traded for two players who were playing reasonably well, but just couldn't tell the future?

Yeah, that about sums it up. Oh, and prior stats don't mean shit unless it happens here.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:54 pm 
Hart Winner

Here's a headline you will never see.

Sabre's Connolly traded to (INSERT DUMB ASS TEAM HERE)
or
Sabre's Stafford traded to (INSERT DUMB ASS TEAM HERE)

It wont happen. Nobody wants Connolly, he's an injury prone overpaid lazy player. Nobody wants Stafford. Kind of a lazy injury prone low scoring player.

Face it. Our squad isn't trade worthy. Our best bet is to sign decent no name guys in the offseason. You really don't see many big names in the FA market that aren't worth an ass load.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:56 pm 
Hart Winner

I don't think he knows what a trade is.

NHL trade- a transaction between two teams where each side has beneficial value on each side

Not Connolly for Crosby. It's not NHL11, my friend.

Sorry if I'm being a little douche baggy here.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:47 pm 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:48 pm 
Garbage Man

Edited.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:08 pm 
Hart Winner

Raffi Torres wasn't injured that year and had 19 goals! Leading the Sabres! His injuries wasn't the problem, it was his performance. How the hell is Darcy supposed to know Torres wasn't going to continue his amazing year? Dominic Moore was the same case.

Darcy can't make big trades, due to the squad (NHL 11 isn't real life) but he makes sound ones for players that are striving on their current team.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:34 am 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 am 
Hart Winner

Sabretooth wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Raffi Torres wasn't injured that year and had 19 goals! Leading the Sabres! His injuries wasn't the problem, it was his performance. How the hell is Darcy supposed to know Torres wasn't going to continue his amazing year? Dominic Moore was the same case.

Darcy can't make big trades, due to the squad (NHL 11 isn't real life) but he makes sound ones for players that are striving on their current team.

Sabres facts from 2009-2010:
Vanek: 28 goals + 25 assists = 53 points
Roy: 26 goals + 43 assists = 69 points
Pominville: 24 goals + 38 assists = 62 points
Hecht: 21 goals + 21 assists = 42 points
Torres: 19 goals + 17 assists = 36 points

First, prove to me Torres has an amazing year in 2009-2010 when his best year was 2005-2006 with the Oilers.

Second, prove to me not acquiring a scoring center or right winger to assist Vanek, and perhaps others, helps our forwards score more goals when it does not.

He had the most goals on the Sabres when ACQUIRED. How the fuck is Darcy supposed to know the guy wasn't going to show as much passion as he did with Columbus and score more goals? It's called an unlucky trade.

The second part has already been explained already. WHO THE FUCK WILL WE TRADE? NOBODY WANTS OUR OVERPRICED SHIT!

Thank you and good night.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 am 
Hart Winner

More importantly, who will we get?

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:54 am 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:05 am 
Hart Winner

Failed to prove myself? I just proved that Darcy can't make a trade with our current squad. What did you prove? Nada.

I am really going to bed this time, BTW. I think you had a few too many and can't comprehend my comments.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:34 am 
Garbage Man

Edited.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 am 
Star Sniper

Oh lawd Regier and Roy tearing this message board apart!!

The quest for the Cup teeters on the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it WILL fail.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 pm 
Captain Clutch

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/03/roy-takes-big-step-in-first-major-on-ice-session.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fsabres+%28Sabres+Edge%29

Quote:
"Today it felt a lot better than the first few days where you just move around and see how it feels," Roy told The Buffalo News. "Today I took a big step, started skating hard and got my heart rate up."

Quote:
So let's cut to the chase: Can Roy play this year? Absolutely he can -- in the second round of the playoffs.

"That would be right at the fourth-month period, right where Doc said, the 4-6 months," Roy said. "I'm going with his knowledge on the thing. Obviously, I've never had an injury like this. Four months to play at an NHL level in the playoffs might be stretching it but I'm going to try to push for that."

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:14 pm 
Captain Dynasty

woo! if roy comes back at ANY point, its like we added two players at the deadline.. kinda.

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 am 
Star Sniper

Read somewhere that he may be available for the 2nd round. Ahead of schedule. Sorry if already posted.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:48 pm 
Captain Dynasty

any updates on this guy?

fan4life61
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:52 pm 
PP Quarterback

there was a picture of him skating in the paper today/yesterday

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next