It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Skyline_BNR34
 Post subject: Re: Kaleta
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:28 pm 
Cup Winner

Why does Wayne Greyzky have the all time lead for short handed goals for then?

Why is Messier second on the list for all-time SHG? How about Yzerman being third, and fourth is Mario Lemieux then?

Kurri is on that list and so is Bure, St. Louis is also on that list tied for 23rd. Mats Sundin is on it too.

Modano is also on the list. Joe Sakic is on it. Bobby Clarke too. Sergei Federov and Theo Fluery.

They all seemed to be stars on their team, especially Wayne and Mario being the two best possible players in the game.

Your argument still doesn't hold up. 13 of the top 30 players in the SHG list were point per game players or are considered stars or were stars for their team in their primes.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:28 pm 
PP Quarterback

to be fair, wayne gretzky and lemieux played a lot of cherry picking on the PK because their 3 teammates were awesome. they would start fast breaks or something.

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:44 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Why is Messier second on the list for all-time SHG? How about Yzerman being third, and fourth is Mario Lemieux then?

Kurri is on that list and so is Bure, St. Louis is also on that list tied for 23rd. Mats Sundin is on it too.

Modano is also on the list. Joe Sakic is on it. Bobby Clarke too. Sergei Federov and Theo Fluery.

They all seemed to be stars on their team, especially Wayne and Mario being the two best possible players in the game.

Your argument still doesn't hold up. 13 of the top 30 players in the SHG list were point per game players or are considered stars or were stars for their team in their primes.

You already answered your own question. Why did they score so many SHG's? BECAUSE THEY'RE WAYNE GRETZKY, AND MARIO LEMIEUX. The reason they stopped 4 on 4 hockey is because it was unfair to put them on the ice with only 4 other guys in that era. You have to go all the way down the list to #30 this year to find a scorer on the NHL SH TOI list, and that's Ryan Kesler. Todd Marchant is #2(and should be #1, cuz #1 played only 1 game), and you'll find it very difficult to find a worse goal scorer than him if I don't allow you to pick special Nieds. Almost every guy in the top 30 is a 10 goal scorer or less.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:18 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

My argument is pretty clear and to the point, yours isn't. Do you judge the success of a killed penalty by the amount of short handed goals scored during?

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm 
Page Side

There's no right or wrong answer to this question.

This is a matter of preference and it differs team to team based on what the coach believes.

XPens definitely has a point, but so do the rest of you. There's upsides and downsides to both theories.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 pm 
Cup Winner

Sorry, I'd rather have my best defensive forward on the ice whether he scores 60 goals a year or 10.

You put your best defensive players on the PK regardless to me.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:01 pm 
PP Quarterback

well wayne gretzky wasn't good at defense...so where's your basis?