It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm 
Captain Dynasty

well tough beans, old top.

i said right off the bat that this was a rumour. and it wasnt a rumour that started or ended with that tweet. i mean, honestly, if you have issue with how i post, there is an ignore button.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I don't have a problem with how you post. It's what you post.

If you want to post unsubstantiated 15th party made up rumors that people make up on other boards, then be clearer about that when you post it. Other people have complained about this. It's not just me being pissy.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
I don't have a problem with how you post. It's what you post.

If you want to post unsubstantiated 15th party made up rumors that people make up on other boards, then be clearer about that when you post it. Other people have complained about this. It's not just me being pissy.

well, i thought it was clear, but like the tweet, people read things differently. the concussion, as i stated, is a rumour. until regier gives definite word as to what the upper body injury is, its still in play. i think thats fair.

http://wgr550.com/Regier--Miller-Has-Up ... ry/9514301

"When I asked if the injury happened on Tuesday against the Leafs when he got hit in the collarbone with a shot, or the Devils game when he got hit in the mask twice, Regier said that the last game was partially responsible. Regier would not comment on if Miller underwent concussion testing."

so clearly, the possibility is real.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:50 pm 
Mrs. Miller

All because Jessie Pegula knew that Miller was injured before any of the media/fans doesn't mean anything about the longevity/severity of Miller's injury...

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:52 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

You're missing my point.

There is substantiated evidence that Miller might have a concussion. That's a valid concern based on the responses from Ruff and Regier.

However, there hasn't been a peep from any reputable source that Miller is done for the season. That's straight speculation and guessing unless it comes from someone who would possibly have a clue.

I'll start a separate thread to discuss this. Other boards require you to cite your source if you post a rumor, otherwise they delete it. If the members here don't think that's necessary, I'll shutup about it.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:01 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
You're missing my point.

There is substantiated evidence that Miller might have a concussion. That's a valid concern based on the responses from Ruff and Regier.

However, there hasn't been a peep from any reputable source that Miller is done for the season. That's straight speculation and guessing unless it comes from someone who would possibly have a clue.

I'll start a separate thread to discuss this. Other boards require you to cite your source if you post a rumor, otherwise they delete it. If the members here don't think that's necessary, I'll shutup about it.

well.. if you have a concussion, dont you miss 2 weeks automatically?

personally, i dont use twitter, but i always see people citing that source, so i thought it was applicable in this case as well. i read it differently. but digging around, im not the only one who took that tweet that way. not saying you are wrong, im saying that apparently im not the only one who read it that way.

anyways, it is what it is, and if you feel i still dont understand your point, PM me. its easier that way.

as far as rumours go, as long as you say, hey, this is a rumour, its not a big deal to me.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:18 pm 
Hart Winner

Don't see why there's a big deal from this. A little oopsies would have done fine.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:
Don't see why there's a big deal from this. A little oopsies would have done fine.

probably right, i coulda said my bad.... but this could have gotten ugly, and it didnt, so... im pretty happy with that.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:50 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=360364

miller missed practice today. nothing else new outside that.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm 
Star Sniper

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/201 ... -trip.html

Grier and Hecht still out also.

Crosscheck
 Post subject: Re: Miller injury thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

gah....just get better before Ruff needs to tap Lalime to start.

Sabretooth
 Post subject: Re: miller injury thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:31 pm 
Garbage Man

Injury or not, Miller played very bad against the Maple Leafs for the third consecutive time. He earned the punishment to sit out a game against the Rangers with Morrisonn. It is unfortunate, but bad play has to go punished.

If Miller was injured, he should recover quickly. We will need him now, or let Enroth continue to get better.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:36 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Sabretooth wrote:
Injury or not, Miller played very bad against the Maple Leafs for the third consecutive time. He earned the punishment to sit out a game against the Rangers with Morrisonn. It is unfortunate, but bad play has to go punished.

Are you fucking high? Miller went 3-0 with 2 shutouts before that Leafs game, and they lost that by 1. You don't yank your starter after 1 bad game, especially not after a run of stellar play.

Jesus christ.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:43 pm 
PP Quarterback

Sabretooth wrote:
Injury or not, Miller played very bad against the Maple Leafs for the third consecutive time. .

:shock: :doh:

No words for it.

Edit: Now I get it. You meant he played bad for the third time against the Maple Leafs. Ok, that's more reasonable.

DS37
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 pm 
Two-Way Center

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/04/miller-still-day-to-day-will-make-road-trip.html

Grier and Hecht still out also.

Quote:
The injured Buffalo goalie is still listed as day-to-day with an upper-body injury, though it's highly unlikely he'll play against the Capitals on Saturday or at Carolina on Sunday.

:cry: I guess we'll be fine with Enroth. I'm actually excited to see him play in important games.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 pm 
Garbage Man

Squanto wrote:
Are you fucking high? Miller went 3-0 with 2 shutouts before that Leafs game, and they lost that by 1. You don't yank your starter after 1 bad game, especially not after a run of stellar play.

Jesus christ.

We are in playoff contention with a tight race for the lower seeds. The picture can change within a week.

When a goaltender makes $6,000,000 a season, I expect him to play well consistently. This means he has to outplay a horrid Maple Leafs team, not make their players look good. When he decides to take a game off, which results in a loss, he earns the consequence of a naughty deed.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm 
Garbage Man

sabretoothpick wrote:
You meant he played bad for the third time against the Maple Leafs. Ok, that's more reasonable.

Yes, that is correct.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:02 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Sabretooth wrote:

When a goaltender makes $6,000,000 a season, I expect him to play well consistently. This means he has to outplay a horrid Maple Leafs team, not make their players look good. When he decides to take a game off, which results in a loss, he earns the consequence of a naughty deed.

Fuck what he makes. Injecting salary into your argument proves that it's weak.

By your logic, the entire defense that took the game in Toronto off should be benched too for their 'naughty deed'.

Oh, and Miller didn't take the game off in Toronto. He played poorly. There's a significant difference.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
Captain Clutch

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:56 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Miller was due for the forwards/defense bailing him out and they failed at that pretty miserably at that against Toronto. Especially the defense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next