It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sabretooth
 Post subject: Re: miller injury thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:58 pm 
Garbage Man

Squanto wrote:
Fuck what he makes. Injecting salary into your argument proves that it's weak.

By your logic, the entire defense that took the game in Toronto off should be benched too for their 'naughty deed'.

Oh, and Miller didn't take the game off in Toronto. He played poorly. There's a significant difference.

How well you perform affects how much you earn. If you are among the highest paid players on the team, you are consistenly performing player.

Taking games off and playing poorly are the same concept.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:02 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Sabretooth wrote:
Taking games off and playing poorly are the same concept.

Absofuckinglutely not.

Taking a game off = not putting in enough effort.

Playing poorly = putting in the effort, and not getting it done.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Blah, The Buffalo News is saying that he's unlikely for the weekend. Don't want him to be out longterm. :(

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:14 pm 
Star Sniper

Miller did let that horrible 1st goal at Toronto, but he also kept the team in the game with several great stops later on. I've called him out because I'm tough on him, because I think he is and should be playing like a top five goalie all the time. The Toronto game isn't grounds for a benching though. I'm sure it wasn't a benching anyway. No matter since Enroth is proving his worth. I'm fine with him playing at Washington, but since I'll be at the Carolina game I'd really like Miller to start there. If not I still expect Buffalo to play the same game and have the same chance at winning. What a concept with a competent back-up!

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:16 pm 
PP Quarterback

I don't mind if Enroth plays against Washington, he earned it. I just hope Miller gets healthy and ready for Carolina. I want Miller in that game.

PS: I mean really healthy and ready, not just good enough to play through it.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:31 pm 
Mrs. Miller

BWI AIRPORT -- Ryan Miller did not take the Sabres' charter to Washington, a team media relations member said in a text message. Coach Lindy Ruff said earlier today the injured goalie would be taking the road trip. It's not clear if Miller is flying to the nation's capital on his own.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/201 ... plane.html

Hmmm... :/

Hockey Night in Buffalo

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Tough to hear, but Enroth is plenty competent in net. With us facing ward on Sunday, I'm more inclined to think the game is going to be won by the skaters, not the goaltending.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

so, miller struggles against the leafs, one game, and the week in which he was the first star is erased in some fans memories.. funny.

and correct me if im wrong, you dont fly after a concussion, or its not good, is it? i remember hearing a story about connolly flying after suffering a concussion, and he thought they were on a bus.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:08 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Sabretooth wrote:
Injury or not, Miller played very bad against the Maple Leafs for the third consecutive time. He earned the punishment to sit out a game against the Rangers with Morrisonn. It is unfortunate, but bad play has to go punished.

wow... just wow.

Bauter88
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:30 pm 
Power Forward

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:
Injury or not, Miller played very bad against the Maple Leafs for the third consecutive time. He earned the punishment to sit out a game against the Rangers with Morrisonn. It is unfortunate, but bad play has to go punished.

wow... just wow.

^^^
Wow. I laughed actually at punishment comment. Yeah the defense backing up all the way to the goal line on odd man rushes is Miller's fault. And him being banged up is his fault too. Sabretooth you have a very very skewed look on how his supposed "punishment benching" occurred .. Jesus christ man..

fly as hale
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:50 pm 
Mrs. Miller

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
so, miller struggles against the leafs, one game, and the week in which he was the first star is erased in some fans memories.. funny.

Fans have very short memories, and very selective ones too.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 pm 
Captain Dynasty

fly as hale wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Fans have very short memories, and very selective ones too.

its pathetic.

even the best have struggled at times.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Sabretooth wrote:

If Miller was injured, he should recover quickly. We will need him now, or let Enroth continue to get better.

I usually ignore your complete lack of hockey knowledge but this however shows that at some point in the past you have had serious surgery on some part of your frontal lobe. :doh:

How does this make sense to you? Miller was the NHL's star of the week, had gone 3-0 the previous 3 games with two shutouts and then lost by one goal against Toronto. The guy is injured....not being benched you fucktard. With thoughts like this you remind me of Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory.

Do you honestly think that Miller is being benched secretly and not injured like the team has reported? Do you think that with a handful of games left and being in a tight playoff race that Ruff and Darcy would bench Miller? Shit, do you think that Miller would really take a "night off" during one of the most important games of the season or do you just think any game where he plays poorly is intentional?

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:29 pm 
Captain Dynasty

I love, love, love Enroth, and love that he's been playing well. Now just isn't the most opportune time...but here we go.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:28 pm 
Star Sniper

When the team plays as well in front of Miller, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can beat them. Not Vancouver, not any fucking body. However, when Miller is in net, they aren't as desperate or smart with the puck. They take more risks, and they make more mistakes. That's the aura both goalies have, Enroth brings out a better performance from the team but Miller is without any question the better goalie.

I like Enroth, he's a fierce competitor and a hard working kid, but I swear on my beloved cat Oscar's grave that he cannot bail the team out like Miller does, as often as Miller does. When left to the wolves, he will get devoured quicker while Miller can keep them at bay longer. I'm not trying too crap on anybodies Enroth rainbow, but if this is the year, Ryan Miller must win the Conn Smythe. There is NO OTHER way. None.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:22 pm 
Garbage Man

Squanto wrote:
Absolutely not.

Taking a game off = not putting in enough effort.

Playing poorly = putting in the effort, and not getting it done.

How much effort is put into not getting it done to be considered playing poorly? I think none at the most.

Toddmh
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 pm 
First Rounder

Didn't Miller take a few slappers off the mask in the past couple weeks?? For some reason that pops up in my head because the ref didn't blow it dead any time he took it in the mask..I seem to remember RJ bitching about that also when it happened..

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:27 pm 
Garbage Man

Displaced Fan wrote:
I usually ignore your complete lack of hockey knowledge but this however shows that at some point in the past you have had serious surgery on some part of your frontal lobe. :doh:

How does this make sense to you? Miller was the NHL's star of the week, had gone 3-0 the previous 3 games with two shutouts and then lost by one goal against Toronto. The guy is injured....not being benched you [expletive]. With thoughts like this you remind me of Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory.

Do you honestly think that Miller is being benched secretly and not injured like the team has reported? Do you think that with a handful of games left and being in a tight playoff race that Ruff and Darcy would bench Miller? Shit, do you think that Miller would really take a "night off" during one of the most important games of the season or do you just think any game where he plays poorly is intentional?

I have hockey knowledge. It is likely something that does not work in your favor.

Ruff pulled Miller out for the Rangers. That is a benching. If he sustained an injury, then consider that an automatic benching. It cannot be any worse.

Yes, Miller can take nights off/play poorly in specific games.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Toddmh wrote:
Didn't Miller take a few slappers off the mask in the past couple weeks?? For some reason that pops up in my head because the ref didn't blow it dead any time he took it in the mask..I seem to remember RJ bitching about that also when it happened..

I think that happened during the Devils game. I didn't watch it, but I remember people mentioning it when they learned about his injury.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Sabretooth wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

How does this make sense to you? Miller was the NHL's star of the week, had gone 3-0 the previous 3 games with two shutouts and then lost by one goal against Toronto. The guy is injured....not being benched you [expletive]. With thoughts like this you remind me of Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory.

I have hockey knowledge. It is likely something that does not work in your favor.

Ruff pulled Miller out for the Rangers. That is a benching. If he sustained an injury, then consider that an automatic benching. It cannot be any worse.

Yes, Miller can take nights off/play poorly in specific games.

you are off. bottom line. you are off. goalies give up 4 goals in a game quite often. no ones going to say thats a good night, but no goalie is going to be benched for giving up 4 goals right after winning the first star award. 1 game does not negate that week.

if miller wasnt injured, he was probably playing the rangers game. at least he was scheduled to. he was not benched, and was not going to be benched. and that is the bottom line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next