It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
mechaphil
 Post subject: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:55 pm 
Offline
Thy Horror Cosmic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm
Posts: 19086
Location: BFLO
"Doesn't look too good" - Lindy Ruff

We'll see what the official diagnosis is.

_________________
mechaphil


Top
 Profile  
 
PatGreen
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:57 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 1836
he's done for the season, i called it when it happened. cuts like that do not heal quickly. if it got his muscle (or tendon) which i expect it did, he'll be done for several months. Roy is super important now, then boyes can shoot over to wing.


Top
 Profile  
 
gr8daygo
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:01 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm
Posts: 2265
Mancari on Sunday?

_________________
Belief - Commitment - Character - Discipline - Trust

E X C E L L E N C E


Top
 Profile  
 
AudSabres
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:02 pm 
Offline
Superstar Goalie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 4998
Location: In your head, producing very weird thoughts.
Man, depending on where he got cut, they really need to go back to the old thicker wool socks. How many leg lacerations have we seen since the RBK uniform system came into play?

_________________
If it's a tight squeeze, spit on it! - NyI

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:03 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
PatGreen wrote:
he's done for the season, i called it when it happened. cuts like that do not heal quickly. if it got his muscle (or tendon) which i expect it did, he'll be done for several months. Roy is super important now, then boyes can shoot over to wing.


i dunno, if he had the same tendon severed that i had fixed, it could be a month to two months. of course im not a professional, but i was playing hockey games the week i got my cast off. i sucked though haha.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Los9090
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:06 pm 
Offline
Superstar Goalie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 pm
Posts: 4707
Location: Glenville, NY
Hopefully its one of those cuts where it hurts for him to put weight on it.

_________________
"...they came down into the stands and asked if I knew how to do play by play. I said...No. But. I'll take a shot at it if you want".- Rick Jeanneret


Top
 Profile  
 
PatGreen
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 1836
AudSabres wrote:
Man, depending on where he got cut, they really need to go back to the old thicker wool socks. How many leg lacerations have we seen since the RBK uniform system came into play?

even with thicker wool, these blades are harder and sharper than ever before. if i were in the league i'd wear shinguards in front and back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PatGreen
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:09 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 1836
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dunno, if he had the same tendon severed that i had fixed, it could be a month to two months. of course im not a professional, but i was playing hockey games the week i got my cast off. i sucked though haha.

well a month puts him in around the time of the finals, and i'd be surprised if he was cleared inside of 6 weeks.

goose got his calf cut 3 years ago and missed like 30 games.


Top
 Profile  
 
mechaphil
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 pm 
Offline
Thy Horror Cosmic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm
Posts: 19086
Location: BFLO
Goose didn't have his calf cut...he was millimeters from having his Achilles tendon completely severed. His own skate nicked the back of his heel. He said after he came back that he didn't have his skate as sharp as normal for that game and he was thankful that's how it was.

Bob McKenzie said that what he heard was no Achilles damage, but of course he wasn't there in the tunnel when Pominville was apparently screaming in pain.

_________________
mechaphil


Top
 Profile  
 
PatGreen
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 1836
mechaphil wrote:
Goose didn't have his calf cut...he was millimeters from having his Achilles tendon completely severed. His own skate nicked the back of his heel. He said after he came back that he didn't have his skate as sharp as normal for that game and he was thankful that's how it was.

i must be remembering wrong, i thought it was heater caught him. but either way, a deep laceration which is what i gathered happened to pommers, takes a few weeks. depending on how many stitches it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
shedoesntgetit
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 pm 
Offline
Garbage Man
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:35 pm
Posts: 1026
just said on wgr got on to the bus with a boot on his foot, and was using crutches.


Top
 Profile  
 
mechaphil
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:21 pm 
Offline
Thy Horror Cosmic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm
Posts: 19086
Location: BFLO
PatGreen wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
Goose didn't have his calf cut...he was millimeters from having his Achilles tendon completely severed. His own skate nicked the back of his heel. He said after he came back that he didn't have his skate as sharp as normal for that game and he was thankful that's how it was.

i must be remembering wrong, i thought it was heater caught him. but either way, a deep laceration which is what i gathered happened to pommers, takes a few weeks. depending on how many stitches it takes.

You're bang on about Heatley, but when Goose went down, his own skate blade caught him.

_________________
mechaphil


Top
 Profile  
 
SABRESAllTheWay
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:23 pm 
Offline
MegaDouche
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:41 am
Posts: 2752
Location: Fairfax, VA
Bob McKenzie says he heard that pominville's tendon wasn't cut.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
mechaphil
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:26 pm 
Offline
Thy Horror Cosmic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm
Posts: 19086
Location: BFLO
Hearing lots of talk about his tendon being fine, but like it's been said, any deep cut down yonder is a bad, BAD thing.

_________________
mechaphil


Top
 Profile  
 
Ehle_Aficionado
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:27 pm 
Offline
First Rounder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 pm
Posts: 109
Location: 3.2 Miles from First Niagara Center
so lets say its a small cut....whats the timeline?

_________________
Original inventor of the "Taco in a bag."

©2006


Top
 Profile  
 
PatGreen
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 1836
probably more than a week for any decent laceration.


Top
 Profile  
 
sabres1996
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:30 pm 
Offline
Face-Off Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:38 pm
Posts: 723
Location: West Seneca, New York
This. Is. Bad.

_________________
Sophomore Bitches! Class of 2014!
R.I.P. Molly B. 5/28/96-5/23/11
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
X-pensfan
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:31 pm 
Offline
Star Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:31 am
Posts: 3668
Location: Pittsburgh
let's not freak out, could be just stitches

_________________
"I love that you know how to do that." Cheryl/Carol/Crystal

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger


Top
 Profile  
 
mechaphil
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:34 pm 
Offline
Thy Horror Cosmic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm
Posts: 19086
Location: BFLO
X-pensfan wrote:
let's not freak out, could be just stitches

Yeah, I'm not gonna freak out til he gets proper tests run on it tomorrow.

_________________
mechaphil


Top
 Profile  
 
PatGreen
 Post subject: Re: Jason Pominville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 1836
tomorrow's paper reads:

"pominville out with lower body injury. day to day."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron