It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Jochen Hecht?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm 
Power Forward

Any new news on Jochen? Or has the NHL seen the last of him?

I'd sure like to get him back for the playoffs, but then again I wouldn't wanna disturb any of the good chemistry the whole teams been having.

ksquier89
 Post subject: Re: Jochen Hecht?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 pm 
PP Quarterback

From what has been said and the tone that was used I would be surprised if we see him in another game. For his health I hope he retires before he takes another knocker to the head and has to deal with some serious consequences down the line. I am not a betting man. If I was I would say he won't lace them up again, as a Buffalo Sabre.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

at about this time for the second year in a row i forgot he was on the sabres

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Los9090
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 am 
Superstar Goalie

He's not cleared for contact, though his headaches have subsided

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 am 
Star Sniper

If Hecht, Gerbe and Ellis were healthy (long shot I know) for the playoffs, I assume Ellis would sit but Hecht would take 4th line C. How would you make the lines? I'm thinking 4th line Gerbe-Hecht-Kaleta, then move Boyes up for Vanek-Hodgson-Boyes. Ellis, McCormick, and Tropp would sit. I like Tropp but he basically just works the boards for 26-19. Boyes works the boards fairly well but would bring a better scoring ability. I know that's a stretch considering his season, but when he's not playing an off position with bangers, and playing wing with talent (which he hasn't been able to do all season) I think that could be a potent line.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:55 pm 
Power Forward

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
If Hecht, Gerbe and Ellis were healthy (long shot I know) for the playoffs, I assume Ellis would sit but Hecht would take 4th line C. How would you make the lines? I'm thinking 4th line Gerbe-Hecht-Kaleta, then move Boyes up for Vanek-Hodgson-Boyes. Ellis, McCormick, and Tropp would sit. I like Tropp but he basically just works the boards for 26-19. Boyes works the boards fairly well but would bring a better scoring ability. I know that's a stretch considering his season, but when he's not playing an off position with bangers, and playing wing with talent (which he hasn't been able to do all season) I think that could be a potent line.

I agree with your line combo. But doubt Hecht will be back if he is then that'd be awesome news for us god knows we need help at center and all the able NHL ready bodies to perform.

On the subject of centers, man I wish Darcy can find a new home for Derek Roy this summer. He sure has worn out his welcome here.

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:51 pm 
Star Sniper

Bye Jokin.

/end thread