It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

mechaphil
 Post subject: Patrice Cormier is scum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:45 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

After two elbow to the face penalties (Sweden, then Finald) during the WJC, he unloads on Mikael Tam during a QMJHL game. I'll link to the hit, but won't embed it - it's unsettling, even for me (and I'm not easily unsettled).

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aplfhPu4iiU[url]

I really, really want to unsee this video.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 am 
Mrs. Miller

Now that's just sickening...he deserves jail time for that. What a piece of shit. Hope he never makes it to the NHL.

ETA:
Found this over at HF Boards:

"He's feeling well given the circumstances. He has a traumatic brain injury, he almost died tonight. Several scans were made to make sure he didn't have anything major to his brain. Good news is that he's got no oedema (accumulation of water in his brain). The shock was so big that the diagnostic places him between a severe concussion and a brain death. He'll stay under observation at the Rouyn Noranda hospital for 48 hours. He has no fractures but his mouth is not looking good and he lost some teeths. He has to pass some other tests tomorrow, for his pelvis and his back.

Mikael is conscious. He spoke with his family. He's in good hands at the hospital. Continue to pray for him, he needs it."

Hockey Night in Buffalo

sabresEH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 am 
Garbage Man

Now that is about 20x worse than what Kassian did imo. Yu can see it in Cormier's eyes that he's a snakey bastard.

Eh

blusabre
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:24 am 
First Rounder

Cormier deserves to do hard jail time for that hit. If I were Tam, I'd be pressing assault charges. This fucking piece of horse shit makes Michael fucking Liambas look like a god damned saint.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:46 pm 
Captain Dynasty

fuck, that reminds me of the kermit washington torpedo to the face of rudy tomjanovich. after the hit to his face, rudy t asked "did the scoreboard fall on me?" and was serious.

thats a vicious act, and really, makes the gerrett stafford/alexandre perezhogin baseball swing to the face look like nothing that bad.

congrats, kassian, youre off the hook. dont fucking do it again.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:05 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

:o

Holy crap. I hope they make an example of him.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:12 pm 
Star Sniper

I'm one of the last to jump on the suspension bandwagon, but that motherfucker should be given a lifetime ban and charged with attempted manslaughter. That's so fucked...he made a b-line getting off the bench and lunged his elbow at an unsuspecting skater. He should go to prison, that cocksucker.

This is the 3rd fucking time he's pulled this shit in the past month. That prick needs to be in prison. Fuck. Here's two more examples.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:17 pm 
Star Sniper

You won't fucking believe this. Devils GM Lou Lamoriello says he shouldn't be suspended and blames the media.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010 ... lo_no.html

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Howie Hodge
Star Sniper

"That is one disturbed little boy."

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

ironyisadeadscene
Captain Dynasty

manslaughter? thats a little much. suspension this year + 1 year ban in north america sounds about right. he cant be suspended by the IIHF because they IIHF doesnt govern the CHL. therefore, he could sign overseas.

the previous 2 elbows were nasty, but they are not THAT bad. last nights elbow is just vicous, and he should sit out of games on north american non IIHF governed leagues till at least september 2011. thats mikes punishment.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:18 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Nice captain for Team Canada.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

End The Curse wrote:
You won't fucking believe this. Devils GM Lou Lamoriello says he shouldn't be suspended and blames the media.

he said suspended long term. huge difference.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:24 pm 
Captain Dynasty

reminds me of THIS alot. exact same thing, really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbN72u4 ... re=related

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:25 pm 
Mrs. Miller

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
manslaughter? thats a little much. suspension this year + 1 year ban in north america sounds about right. he cant be suspended by the IIHF because they IIHF doesnt govern the CHL. therefore, he could sign overseas.

the previous 2 elbows were nasty, but they are not THAT bad. last nights elbow is just vicous, and he should sit out of games on north american non IIHF governed leagues till at least september 2011. thats mikes punishment.

Well what would he have been charged with if infact Tam did die on the ice from that hit? Convulsing like that after a blow to the head is a sign of death. The kid stopped breathing for 30 seconds.

He most likely won't get charged for attempted manslaughter, but he should be charged with something. That was in no way, shape, or form a "hockey play". It was purely vicious.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

End The Curse
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:31 pm 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

he said suspended long term. huge difference.

A lifetime ban from the juniors is maybe 20 games. Hardly excessive for a multiple offender who nearly kills a teenage opponent with a predatory elbow. What's most disturbing about Lamoriello is the utter dismissal he has for the severity or significance of the incident, or Tam's near brush with death.

Said Lou: "All I know is the incident that transpired. I certainly have spoken to Patrice," the GM said. "Only because of the rhetoric. I asked him how he felt because of the rhetoric. There is no issue from my end of it."

Anyway, I realize you do enjoy the role of contrarian, Irony, so I consider your response to be in that context.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:34 pm 
Captain Dynasty

im using the previous tie domi clip as a basis. its the EXACT same thing. i think tie was suspended the rest of the playoffs, which turned out to be 2 games? and then he got 5 games to start the next season.

now, if he died, thats a different story. but from the sounds of it, he will be released tomorrow, and hes going to be ok. in the grand scheme of things, worse things have happened on the ice. a long term suspension is a must, i agree. but attempted manslaughter? aw naw hell naw.

as for jail time and such. im on the fence. its a horrible play, but sometimes, sadly, that happens on the ice. this is akin to a school suspending a student for drinking on the weekend (which happens here)... you sign a waiver when you enter a league. ask yourself this: if this happened in a pickup game, would a dude face jail time? absolutely not. he would be kicked from that league, maybe even probation and fines and such. but jail time? no.

again, its a horrible elbow, but the punishment should be severe in the hockey world, but mild outside of that.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:43 pm 
Star Sniper

Charges could be coming soon:

Quote:
Police on scene

Quebec provincial police questioned witnesses at the rink after the game. Police spokesman Marie-Josee Ouellet said the incident is under investigation to see if there are grounds for criminal charges.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local ... realSports

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:49 pm 
Captain Dynasty

yeah, i saw that. itll be interesting to see how this unfolds. id expect a suspension handed down later today.

edit: if a long term suspension is handed down today, does kassians indefinite suspension gain a duration?

Last edited by ironyisadeadscene on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

End The Curse wrote:
Said Lou: "All I know is the incident that transpired. I certainly have spoken to Patrice," the GM said. "Only because of the rhetoric. I asked him how he felt because of the rhetoric. There is no issue from my end of it."

Dirty elbow almost kills a kid and Lou is concerned with Patrice's feelings? From Rhetoric?
Now that's fucking disturbing.
I wonder if he asked if he sustained any bruising to the elbow.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:04 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I think a case could be made for attempted voluntary manslaughter here, although it gets convoluted.

Voluntary manslaugher is causing a death with the intention to cause serious harm. Basically, I meant to fuck him up, not kill him. I don't think that anyone can argue there was intent to cause serious harm.

Because Tam did not die, it then can drop to attempted voluntary manslaughter, meaning that everything that means the standard of voluntary manslaughter happened except the death part.

More likely, he gets charged with at least the Canadian version of aggravated assault, probably the same that Bertuzzi got.

How Uncle Lou can possibly try to defend this , I have no idea.