It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresindc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 pm 
Captain Clutch

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
fair enough, tom.

but i dont think we should say "he almost died" now that the facts are out, and it was a concussion. my whole point is we shouldnt use a strong statement when its not quite the truth. of course i can see why such precautions were taken, and why its scary. hell, i agree with everyone cormier is getting off easy street.

but i dont think we should add to the legacy of a horrible incident by saying "he almost died" when everything points to just a head injury. you get what im saying?

I understand what you're saying too but people do die from "just a head injury"everyday. the head injury could be as simple as a concussion to as serious as a Subarachnoid hemorrhage or Subdural hematoma which, in fact, are life threatening situations. Luckily for Tam, it was a concussion, a very serious one, but he will survive with just minor side affects.

Hey, just saw that XC added more bbcode...I like the blink

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:30 pm 
Star Sniper

sabresindc wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
fair enough, tom.

but i dont think we should say "he almost died" now that the facts are out, and it was a concussion. my whole point is we shouldnt use a strong statement when its not quite the truth. of course i can see why such precautions were taken, and why its scary. hell, i agree with everyone cormier is getting off easy street.

but i dont think we should add to the legacy of a horrible incident by saying "he almost died" when everything points to just a head injury. you get what im saying?

I understand what you're saying too but people do die from "just a head injury"everyday. the head injury could be as simple as a concussion to as serious as a Subarachnoid hemorrhage or Subdural hematoma which, in fact, are life threatening situations. Luckily for Tam, it was a concussion, a very serious one, but he will survive with just minor side affects.

You realize you're just being played by SabresJunkie's resident contrarian, right?

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:34 pm 
Captain Dynasty

says the guy who provokes everyone on the board into a shit throwing contest.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:36 pm 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
says the guy who provokes everyone on the board into a shit throwing contest.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:36 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Easy guys...

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 pm 
Captain Dynasty

dammit, how can i stay mad at you?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:39 pm 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
dammit, how can i stay mad at you?

For advice on this matter, please consult the lovely and talented Mrs. ETC.

;)

sabresindc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 pm 
Captain Clutch

End The Curse wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
fair enough, tom.

You realize you're just being played by SabresJunkie's resident contrarian, right?

lol, yeah....gave me an excuse to use the cool blink code :D :D :D

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:13 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I wasn't being sensationalist or saying he almost died, I was using Caro's post as a way to recount how I felt the moment he got hit. I figured it was pretty clear.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

of course i do, phil. i find myself often times paralyzed by being able to see the whole picture, and multiple points of view, but unable to express this well.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Words.