It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 am 
Captain Clutch

http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2891007

Quote:
Sudbury Wolves forward Marcus Foligno survived the first rounds of cuts for Team Canada on Tuesday and continues to impress the national junior squad brass.

The Buffalo Sabres draft pick, whom head coach Dave Cameron has singled out as one of the surprises at camp, can cement a spot on the roster with a strong performance in Tuesday's exhibition game against a group of CIS all-stars, an accomplishment that was not written in stone when the week began.

"I think it's all in my hands right now and it just depends on what I do," Foligno told TSN late Monday night. "I think that if I have another good outing it's going to help me get closer to making the Team Canada roster and that's what I've wanted so badly here. I think I have a pretty good chance."

Foligno certainly didn't hurt his chances Tuesday night, scoring a third-period goal against the CIS all-stars in a 6-2 Team Canada victory.

Foligno earned an assist for Team Red in Monday's 7-5 Team White win, and made sure he got noticed during Sunday's Red-White intrasquad game when he scored twice.

"That would be icing on the cake, but just playing for Team Canada is the goal here," Foligno told the Canadian Press. "Whenever you get a chance to put up some numbers it's good.

"I had a couple more chances I'd like to have put in, too. (Linemates) Riley Sheahan and Curtis Hamilton are good guys to play with, too."

The tournament adds some extra interest for Foligno, , who holds dual Canadian-U. S. citizenship, since he was born in the host city of Buffalo, N.Y., and is was a Sabres draft pick last summer.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 am 
Cup Winner

Why doesn't he play for the USA for?

But that's great for him, and for us and no one thought he would be anywhere near his father or even brother.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

blusabre
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 am 
First Rounder

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

But that's great for him, and for us and no one thought he would be anywhere near his father or even brother.

If I'm not mistaken, Marcus and his father Mike were both born in Sudbury, Ontario. Nick is the lone American in the family.

Edit: According to the article, he was born in Buffalo. I had heard from numerous different sources that he was born in Sudbury. I am not sure which is correct anymore ...

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:48 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Both Nick and Marcus were born in Buffalo but are dual citizens of both the United States and Canada.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:56 am 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

its juniors. settle.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:50 am 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

its juniors. settle.

But still, getting invited to play for Team Canada in the WJC. Did anyone think he would even get that?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 pm 
Captain Dynasty

destiny is way too fat to be from Ethiopia. plus shes like.... white.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

So...whats the word on Marcus? Anyone know? Olivia? Destiny? Claire?

ksquier89
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:28 pm 
PP Quarterback

Ella could get it