It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm 
Captain Clutch

sabretoothpick wrote:
What's the expected percentage of Canadian fans tonight?

At the start of the game they were saying 80% but during the game it was more like 90% or 95% Canadian

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:15 pm 
Captain Clutch

Lehner was really pissed off about the non icing call as he should be but then he goes off and says there is no way that would happen to Canada. I think he should just shut his mouth, he is actually going to play for a CANADIAN team if he ever gets to the NHL.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:13 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

patkane88 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Seanothan27 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Wait... Canadians hate the Swedish guy for saying Russia was more of a challenge... Yet they love Emerson Etem bashing Buffalo? Same situations, you shouldn't say it, but the Swedish coach had MORE of a reason!

Huh?

I've read a lot of Canadian comments praising Emerson Etem for speaking his mind about Buffalo.
The same people go back to say the Swedish coach should keep his mouth shut.

If you read off of TSN, there are a ton of stupid people that post stuff on stories.

Yea, siding with PK88 on this one. Just like the Sabres Facebook page brings out the worst of Sabres fans, TSN's comment sections bring out the worst in EVERY fanbase.

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:31 pm 
Captain Clutch

Anyone going to the gold medal game or did all those crazy retarded Canadian fans scoop them all up??

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:46 pm 
Hart Winner

Hey USA...

Piss off.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 pm 
Hart Winner

jordano wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:
It's now officially being announced on TSN

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=347205

the comments are funny :)

cry baby european hockey shit (to sum it up)

games in european leagues are not the same like the WC or other IIHF games. bla bla bla :D

I heard some chants of "keep your head up", or "faker" were thrown out from the large crowd. That's just disgraceful. How much of an asshole do you need to be to yell at a guy who had to be carried out on a stretcher?

you will find such assholes everywhere .... and a few people laugh about it or smile. it's a fucking disgrace.

But wtf is this shit? "Canadian hockey isn't pussy like Euro hockey"? Are your nuts THAT small that you need to brag about people getting carried off on stretchers in your favorite sport? It's called being a huge douche bag, and usually the nationalistic Canadians do that. Not saying the US isn't the proud owner of douche bags (trust meh, we are), but in hockey it really only shows for team Canada.

Man, you have some issues. Everybody has witnessed idiot fans in their lifetime and they aren't just nationalistic Canadians that cheer for Team Canada. In a rink of 20,000 people, I'm sure you'll find a few drunk, excited, emotional or idiotic fans that want to voice their opinions. I've seen it, and sometimes the comments were funny or downright stupid. Just because you had a bad experience, there's no need to bash fans from Canada. While I was at the WJ in Ottawa, I witnessed an American fan (probably loaded) run his mouth off all game at the Canadian fans and eventually he took a swing at the guy next to him. He was carried out of the arena and the whole crowd cheered. After it happened I didn't come on this forum to say "how sooky American fans are" or "how idiotic American fans are" because I knew it was just one person out of millions that was acting like an idiot. Hell, I cheer for an American NHL team and I know how great American fans are so I know the difference. I dunno maybe I'm a minority here but stop bashing Canadian fans because we're not all the same.

As for the hit, I think the only problem was the lateness. There was no elbow, or malicious intent so I'm fine with the suspension that he received. The extra game was definitely because of the lateness or "interference" on the hit.

And lets be realistic here, North American hockey is rougher than the majority of the European leagues. Lets ask Zagrapan.

I went to the Sweden Vs Russia game and I didn't have a problem with the Russian fans (with a Swedish jersey on, I actually spoke nice with them). Or when my cousin went to the USA vs Germany game rooting for Germany he had zero problems. Both good examples.

My brother in law and his friend went to Canada vs Sweden. His friend was (they counted) verbally and almost physically assaulted. He had a Swedish flag and the Canadian ripped it out of his hands and spit on it. So 9 near fights there.

Every time I go to a Buffalo vs (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal) game there are always ALWAYS ALWAYS many disrespectful, rude, and idiotic fans.

Look at TSN comments. Nuff said for that.

Youtube hockey videos are nothing but "STUPID AMERICANS SUCK AT HOCKEY!"

How about the generalization of the Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal fans?

How about Canadians spewing that "Euro Trash hockey" shit because the Europeans don't accept head shots as part of the game? HOCKEY IS HOCKEY.

I'm not saying other countries can't have assholes. They most certainly have a lot. But when it comes to hockey, many Canadians have some egotistical and superior attitude against anyone who isn't Canadian.

I'm not bashing Canadians. I'm making a speculation of what I see and hear. I respect many Canadians, but many Canadians don't respect me or other Americans.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Quote:
Every time I go to a Buffalo vs (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal) game there are always ALWAYS ALWAYS many disrespectful, rude, and idiotic fans.

You think that’s bad? Try living in a populated area full of these arseholes! ;) j/k

In all seriousness though, B&Y, I get where you're coming from. Twice in my life I've been told to, “Get the fuck back across the border” where I belong (Games in Toronto and Montreal) by some of the nastiest people on the face of the earth. Even upon finding out I am Canadian, it doesn't change things and I get harassed for not being a true Canadian because I cheer for a US based NHL team. In the same breath, I've had people apologize for their friend’s behavior and have had some really good convos with said folks minutes later.

Homers will be homers and truth be told, you run into those types of people no matter where you go, where you live if it’s State side or up North here. I know myself; I can't stand a lot of my own fellow country men/women. Shit, after the US/Can game the other night, I think it pissed me off more than some Americans as to the way that a lot of my Canuck friends were celebrating like they themselves won either the game, or the gold medal when in fact, neither they or Team Canada had won shit at this point of the tournament.

On behalf of the NICE Canadian folk out there, I'll apologize for the run-ins you've had with what could be considered the ugly side of our peeps. Or as I like to call them; The fuck-tards of Canadian society. But I do have to agree with Jordano on this one. Although those you've had negative encounters with have been real dick bags, it doesn't mean the rest of us are like that....

Some are worse. You should visit Alberta :lol:

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:01 pm 
resident car guy

BlueandYellow wrote:

The one time I went to a Sabres vs. Canadiens game in Buffalo I sat in a section full of Canadiens fans. The people to my left were Habs fans and were actually quite nice and talked to me and my buddy. I didn't find any of the other fans to be dicks either.

Toronto games on the other hand I've heard can get real nasty.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Hey folks,

Not sure if anyone needs an online stream for the USA game right now, but I came across a few.

http://welovesports.yolasite.com/

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/jrleagueforus

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:45 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Well, Sverige found out USA ain't nuthin to fuck with. Bronze baby!

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm 
Superstar Goalie

mechaphil wrote:
Well, Sverige found out USA ain't nuthin to fuck with. Bronze baby!

Congrats to USA and Campbell for getting that medal! That guy more deserved to come away from this tourney with one, if anyone did! :clap:

Now... time to get my glass of vodka, sinus meds and settle in to watch Canada VS the Russian swim team. I'd love to see Kassian and Foligno sammich one of the Russians and pop that red helmet off their head like a zit!

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:11 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I just realized... the closest that I have to anything Team Canada related is my Wayne Gretzky Kings jersey. I don't even own a Canada t-shirt or tuque..

:lol:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:51 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Seen it both ways with Canadian fans, but far more reports of doucehbags than nice folks. :/

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 pm 
Star Sniper

AudSabres wrote:
I just realized... the closest that I have to anything Team Canada related is my Wayne Gretzky Kings jersey. I don't even own a Canada t-shirt or tuque..

:lol:

Yeah, me too.

The closest thing I ever had was a t-shirt that I got with a case of Molson or Kokanee or something :lol:

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

If the Canadian national teams have been this good, why have they stumbled in both tournaments?

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Heard Kassian OBLITERATED a Russian in the first period, and both BZK and Foligno were laying big hits. So. Awesome.

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:29 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
Heard Kassian OBLITERATED a Russian in the first period, and both BZK and Foligno were laying big hits. So. Awesome.

Yessir. They're both looking very good. I love it that they're on the same line. Kassian's getting on first time PP and plays a major role on it.

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 pm 
Star Sniper

Foligno draws a penalty. Nice

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 pm 
Star Sniper

Kassian hammered the Russian d-man behind the net and centered it for a near-goal.

Foligno gets a couple good chances, and nails a Russian forward.

All in one shift.

That's just good drafting....

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 pm 
Star Sniper

Holy crap 2 3rd period goals in 11 seconds! Russia is back!

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next