It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
gr8daygo
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:48 am 
Franchise Defenseman

sabresindc wrote:
Squanto wrote:
Bob McKenzie said yesterday that Team Canada isn't appealing the suspension.

In the context of IIHF rules, the call was correct.

I guess they saw this and then made the decision not to appeal. I guess he did made a little incidental contact with the head.

I know its no excuse and the hit was a bit late (know when to lower the boom)... but what is the height difference between the two...

E X C E L L E N C E

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:00 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Bob McKenzie is reporting that Kassian got 2 games for the hit, one game on top of the automatic one from the penalty.

sabretime30
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:22 pm 
Brawler

It's now officially being announced on TSN

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=347205

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:36 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

sabretime30 wrote:

the comments are funny :)

cry baby european hockey shit (to sum it up)

games in european leagues are not the same like the WC or other IIHF games. bla bla bla :D

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

gr8daygo wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
Squanto wrote:
Bob McKenzie said yesterday that Team Canada isn't appealing the suspension.

In the context of IIHF rules, the call was correct.

I guess they saw this and then made the decision not to appeal. I guess he did made a little incidental contact with the head.

I know its no excuse and the hit was a bit late (know when to lower the boom)... but what is the height difference between the two...

Someone said 5 inches yesterday at work

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:31 pm 
Captain Clutch

How gay is the IIHF 2 games for hitting a guy a little bit late? How about suspending that slovack guy who hit D'amigo in the head for two games or that douche Frk who pitchforked Gudbrandson in the nuts.

I find it a joke that those two guys get nothing and Kassian get two. :evil:

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

hockeyplaya00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:35 pm 
Penalty Killer

Kassian's hit wasnt a solid clean hit but it was far from "DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY". There was no malice going into the hit, was hardly a headshot even considering the fact that Kassian is much taller than the "victim". If you are to blame Kassian for anything it is the fact that he needs to realize while playing in the juniors he is playing with guys much smaller than him and he cant go out throwing hits as if otherwise.

Many commentators have said that Kassian is a man amongst boys out there and while that may be a big exaggerated it is not completely far from the truth. When you have that much of a size advantage over some of the players you need to know which hits you should throw out and which you should hold onto, for example look at Chara. If he had Kassian's mindset he would be a head shot machine but he knows that considering he has almost a foot on a big chunk of the guys in the NHL and considering how built he is that a head shot is inevitable.

No two games worthy imo but considering its the IIHF it could have been a lot longer.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:37 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

patkane88 wrote:
How gay is the IIHF 2 games for hitting a guy a little bit late? How about suspending that slovack guy who hit D'amigo in the head for two games or that douche Frk who pitchforked Gudbrandson in the nuts.

I find it a joke that those two guys get nothing and Kassian get two. :evil:

I always watch the IIHF WC . so I am used to ridiculous calls. it's frustrating for fans in Europe, too. unfortunately people in canada and USA don't know much about the european leagues.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:42 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

At least the IIHF is consistent.

Marincin(SVK) got 4 games total for his shot on Zucker, and Hrasko(SVK) got 3 total for the hit on D'Amigo. Both hits were way beyond what Kassian did, and deserved the extra games.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:03 pm 
Hart Winner

Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:

games in european leagues are not the same like the WC or other IIHF games. bla bla bla :D

I heard some chants of "keep your head up", or "faker" were thrown out from the large crowd. That's just disgraceful. How much of an asshole do you need to be to yell at a guy who had to be carried out on a stretcher?

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:10 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:

I heard some chants of "keep your head up", or "faker" were thrown out from the large crowd. That's just disgraceful. How much of an asshole do you need to be to yell at a guy who had to be carried out on a stretcher?

you will find such assholes everywhere .... and a few people laugh about it or smile. it's a fucking disgrace.

The Rev
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

The funniest thing here in the Czech Republic is that most of the people (here) are almost SURE that Kassian is a douche, he can't play hockey, it was totally good call by the ref and stuff like that. I mean.. WTF? How about Frk? Most of the Czechs are sooo delusional.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:24 pm 
Hart Winner

Yhoshi wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:

you will find such assholes everywhere .... and a few people laugh about it or smile. it's a fucking disgrace.

But wtf is this shit? "Canadian hockey isn't pussy like Euro hockey"? Are your nuts THAT small that you need to brag about people getting carried off on stretchers in your favorite sport? It's called being a huge douche bag, and usually the nationalistic Canadians do that. Not saying the US isn't the proud owner of douche bags (trust meh, we are), but in hockey it really only shows for team Canada.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:08 pm 
Captain Dynasty

euro hockey, north american hockey... the objective is still to win as a team no matter how you slice it. i dont like the way these discussions are heading, IMO.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:34 pm 
Captain Dynasty

it was a headshot.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:57 pm 
Captain Dynasty

I felt that given that the IIHF penalizes any hits to the head/neck area regardless of intention, malice, or appearance, and that Kassian probably at least clipped whatshisface's chin, that the suspension is adequate.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:07 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
it was a headshot.

Headshot = principal point of contact being the head, or going out of your way to make contact with the head when contacting other portions of the body.

Kassian did not target the head. His primary contact was the chest, and as a result of the height difference he caught the jaw. He did not go out of the way to contact the head at all.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i dont think it was intentional, or malicious, but contact was made with the head. cant deny that. just good, hard hockey that went awry.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 pm 
Hart Winner

head shot= The guy got hit in the head.

Dirty head shot= CHRIS NEIL. YES, I REMEMBER YOU ASS CLOWN

Kassian has a reputation, that's why this hit kind of got carried away. He's still got to watch it, though.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dont think it was intentional, or malicious, but contact was made with the head. cant deny that. just good, hard hockey that went awry.

Not disputing that he contacted the head. Not saying it was malicious. Just disputing the label of head shot. The contact to the head was incidental.

I'm a little sensitive to this type of hit, as I was tossed from a league some years ago for a similar play. I'm 6'2" off skates and ran into a guy who went about 5'9" in a similar fashion. My arm was down, I wasn't trying to go anywhere near his head, but the difference in height made it so I caught his jaw without trying. In my case, he ran into me more than I ran into him, but regardless, I was ejected and suspended for the balance of the season for it.

You all know I'm against headshots and want them out of the game at all levels, but there's not a ton Kassian could have done here aside from not hit him at all. (It was a bit late,but that's my only complaint.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next