It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
Los9090
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Sign Bartschi up...anyone draft HIM yet?????

patkane88
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:57 pm 
Captain Clutch

I hope those over confident Swedes don't medal, they are way too over confident for a team in the world juniors have not won a gold since 1981. The douchebag coach said Canada was no competition in their game they had and he said the Russian and czechs were tougher games. I really hope either Canada or the USA kick the shit out the Swedes and make them cry like every year

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:37 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Look at the raw numbers, the goals scored, the SOG...SWE DID have a better game against CAN than they did RUS and CZE

patkane88
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:01 am 
Captain Clutch

mechaphil wrote:
Look at the raw numbers, the goals scored, the SOG...SWE DID have a better game against CAN than they did RUS and CZE

To me he is trying to stir shit up if they ever play again. It doesn't surprise me though, every year the Swedes talk shit and never deliver when the games mean the most.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:04 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

It's gamesmanship. If this was CAN doing it, you'd be talking about psychological advantage and all that. Hell, if the USA was doing it, I'd say the same.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:41 am 
Hart Winner

I'm rooting for Sweden.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Why? CAN plays SUI next...CAN and SWE can't meet again until the gold medal game. You wanna root for SUI.

patkane88
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:29 pm 
Captain Clutch

Mark Visentin will start for Canada for it looks like the rest of the tournament

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/ju ... r-roy?bn=1

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

patkane88
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:31 pm 
Captain Clutch

mechaphil wrote:
It's gamesmanship. If this was CAN doing it, you'd be talking about psychological advantage and all that. Hell, if the USA was doing it, I'd say the same.

No I would not, I would be saying the coach should just shut his face.

Also, if I were you Americans I'd cheer for Canada so they could face each other in the semis

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:46 pm 
MegaDouche

patkane88 wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

No I would not, I would be saying the coach should just shut his face.

Also, if I were you Americans I'd cheer for Canada so they could face each other in the semis

Looks like you got your wish...

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:09 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Just got home from RUS/FIN. What a game. Finland was playing a tight, disciplined game and had a 3-1 lead when they ran Russia's goalie Shikin. I couldn't believe they didn't call it at all. Russia used it to fuel their comeback, which was capped by Yevgeni Kuznetsov scoring his second goal and third point of the game in OT. The best moment of the game was the Russian boys arm in arm roaring the lyrics to their anthem. Powerful, powerful stuff.

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:52 am 
Two-Way Center

BlueandYellow wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:
It's now officially being announced on TSN

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=347205

the comments are funny :)

cry baby european hockey shit (to sum it up)

games in european leagues are not the same like the WC or other IIHF games. bla bla bla :D

I heard some chants of "keep your head up", or "faker" were thrown out from the large crowd. That's just disgraceful. How much of an asshole do you need to be to yell at a guy who had to be carried out on a stretcher?

you will find such assholes everywhere .... and a few people laugh about it or smile. it's a fucking disgrace.

But wtf is this shit? "Canadian hockey isn't pussy like Euro hockey"? Are your nuts THAT small that you need to brag about people getting carried off on stretchers in your favorite sport? It's called being a huge douche bag, and usually the nationalistic Canadians do that. Not saying the US isn't the proud owner of douche bags (trust meh, we are), but in hockey it really only shows for team Canada.

Man, you have some issues. Everybody has witnessed idiot fans in their lifetime and they aren't just nationalistic Canadians that cheer for Team Canada. In a rink of 20,000 people, I'm sure you'll find a few drunk, excited, emotional or idiotic fans that want to voice their opinions. I've seen it, and sometimes the comments were funny or downright stupid. Just because you had a bad experience, there's no need to bash fans from Canada. While I was at the WJ in Ottawa, I witnessed an American fan (probably loaded) run his mouth off all game at the Canadian fans and eventually he took a swing at the guy next to him. He was carried out of the arena and the whole crowd cheered. After it happened I didn't come on this forum to say "how sooky American fans are" or "how idiotic American fans are" because I knew it was just one person out of millions that was acting like an idiot. Hell, I cheer for an American NHL team and I know how great American fans are so I know the difference. I dunno maybe I'm a minority here but stop bashing Canadian fans because we're not all the same.

As for the hit, I think the only problem was the lateness. There was no elbow, or malicious intent so I'm fine with the suspension that he received. The extra game was definitely because of the lateness or "interference" on the hit.

And lets be realistic here, North American hockey is rougher than the majority of the European leagues. Lets ask Zagrapan.

#1 Hockey Nation.

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:54 am 
Two-Way Center

mechaphil wrote:
Just got home from RUS/FIN. What a game. Finland was playing a tight, disciplined game and had a 3-1 lead when they ran Russia's goalie Shikin. I couldn't believe they didn't call it at all. Russia used it to fuel their comeback, which was capped by Yevgeni Kuznetsov scoring his second goal and third point of the game in OT. The best moment of the game was the Russian boys arm in arm roaring the lyrics to their anthem. Powerful, powerful stuff.

There's not much better than watching the WJ. One of the best experiences of my life.

#1 Hockey Nation.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:59 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

OK SO I just watched Shikin getting run again and HOLY WOW WHAT A DIVE. From my angle (207, row 1 oh yeaaaaa) it looked like he got BLOWN UP. From the opposite angle, he executed what is possibly the finest dive I have ever seen in my life.

My feelings on this game have changed markedly now. Finland really deserved to win and choked it away pretty hard. Goddamn.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:42 pm 
Star Sniper

Seden just got totally hosed. On what should've been an automatic icing, one linesman put his hand up and the other linesman called it off right when Lehner could've played the puck, but didn't because he thought it was icing. Russia grabs the puck, throws it out in front and scores on a still confused Lehner.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:50 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yea that was a horrible blown call. How the Swedish coach didn't lose his mind is beyond me.

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:52 pm 
Captain Clutch

I love seeing the Swedes losing right now even if there is controversy. The Sweden, Roger Ronneberg is probably really silent now :shhh:

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm 
Captain Clutch

3-3 going into to OT

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm 
Captain Clutch

That OT Sweden and Russia just had was brutal and boring

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

patkane88
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:09 pm 
Captain Clutch

HAHAHA FUCK you Roger Rennberg and the Swedes you bunch of over confident douhebags

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next