It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:01 pm 
resident car guy

http://jalopnik.com/5870428/59+year+old-woman-who-never-held-a-hockey-stick-wins-a-truck-with-this-amazing-shot

Quote:
i folks this is Scott Coupal General Manager here at Frenchie's Ford Inc. I gotta tell you I've seen some cool things in my life, but friday night took the grand prize, Mrs. Brenda Hewlett 59 years old won a chance to be one of 5 people to shoot the puck to win a brand new 2011 Ford F150 4x4, Brenda had been in t...he dealership on friday morning to get some service work done to her old truck, & had said "god I wish I could afford a new truck mine is falling apart" Joe Jock my service manager said "here fill out this ballot & win one" both started laughing.

It's a one in a Gazzilion shot from 114 feet away, the opening is almost the exact size of a regulation size hockey puck. Mrs. Hewlett has never even held a hockey stick in her entire life let alone ever shot a puck. The finalists were all on the ice after I drove the new truck onto the ice, I had friends in the back of the truck throwing frisbee's into the crowd. After a lap around the arena, I gathered the contestants at the far blue line, I yelled out ladies first , Mrs. Hewlett said "Oh god I don't wanna be first I'm going to look foolish" She put a helmet on grabbed the stick I walked up next to her & said "Let It Go & Believe"

Well the whole arena must have believed & the Christmas angels were upon her. She pulled back the puck in akward stance Mrs Hewlett is only about 5'3 (the stick was way too big) and she let it fly, I myself & the crowd didn't even think there was enough steam on the puck to even make it to the target, after it passed the second blue line .. I yelled out .. OH ..OH .. the crowd started going absolutely CRAZY .. the puck then decided to get some wheels, feet, legs whatever you wanna call it & went straight into the hole with speed I might add. Needless to say the arena EXPLODED !!

People were slamming the glass people in the lobby were charging out the doors & beating on the glass in the concesion area .. all the Warrior hockey players rushed the ice from the locker room .. I have been on crutches for about a week & had one in my arm, when the puck went in I threw my arms up & screamed so loud with such enthusiasm the crutch slipped from my hand & launched about 40 feet in the air, (thank goodness I didn't hurt anyone LOL) I looked over at Brenda with tears in both of our eyes from pure joy jumping & screaming, I looked over at the truck on the ice with my friends Marney Tarbell, Lisa Ellis, Monica Paige & other women associated with the team who helped throw the frisbees & T shirts into the crowd,

The truck was just bouncing.. It was complete PANDEMONIUM !!! I am so happy for Mrs. Hewlett & The Akwesane Warriors & my staff for putting this together. Like I've always said Angels are upon us & miracles do happen. It couldn't have happened to a nicer hard working woman than Mrs. Hewlett.

I witnessed a Christmas Miracle On Ice last night, a night I will NEVER forget & will be able to tell this wonderful story to so many. To top the night off the Warriors came back from a deficit in the 3rd period & won the game. As Jim McKay said at the 1980 Olympic Hockey game when the U.S. beat the Russian's .. "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES ?? ... YES !!!!"

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm 
Captain Dynasty

thats so cool. thats awesome.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:09 pm 
Star Sniper

Nice story. Better than some arrogant jabroni who would win, and quip; "I don't know whether to park it near my Beamer, or put it in the back garage with the Porsche..."

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 pm 
Hart Winner

I love the guy's scream.

"GAAAAHH!"

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 am 
PP Quarterback

Amazing!

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:52 am 
Captain Clutch

That was great!!!!!

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.